Treasure Hunter
6582 posts

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

Um Console is more profitable then PC do to cheap hardware and mass production/sales of games. PC is more Original because anyone can desgin for PC.

i beg to  differ in  a way..  yes it true to we all  can get  a latop  for  350$ which is the  low end..   but  if want somethng thats going to play good  games  and  not just  pop cap games(no offence to anyone)..  You  will need to  spend 2-3K$ or better on  a pc.

PC  games make mass money..  I mean a ton of money, more than any console game could make. .  Alot games are micro trans action on pc, some have 30 milion users. some have 5 million players and alot of these are not  as good  the  console games in any department but still pull in   5-20million  dollars a year or per game.  So this goes to point games are cheaper to make but  make great revenue.. this actaully help devs.

I cant rememebr the name of the  franchise but its been around for 10-20 yrs on  pc and  they are  not hurting for any money. They dont need console profits. Not pc games make ess than console games.. I think the sim makes good money on  pc.

$2-3k lol build it yourself and M$ fiscal years http://www.microsoft.com/investor/reports/ar12/financial-review/index.html

Edit EA http://investor.ea.com/ar2012/HTML2/electronic_arts-2012_0148.htm?irow=43

Anyone can say build it your self and you save money that is actaully false, you lose  value when build it your self becuase the  whole point  you'll need to upgrade it after some time. Doesnt matter what it is.. Upgrading dont come cheap, alot people  go with  what   does about the same and what they can afford,. That does not mean  your getting value, you actually losing  value becuase they made the expensive parts like thay did for  a reason. Just becuase it does  the same mean doesnt it  is the same in value and  lasting  ability.

You dont  have to show  me ea/activision profits i know they are   billion dollar publishers, but that does not make   them great and  must have in gaming to operate and  successful and only  way under the sun..    Heres a story you may have heard before.. Rockstar games devs  came  from  pc.. those guys  where living in same apart ment . sleeping on the  floor, turned out (made)  grand theft auto1 it stayed on uk  pc games charts for 3-4  years  number 1. Sony got the game  and rockstar games on a contract gave them a budget for  gta 3 and rest is history.. They are billion dollar AAAA  publisher today..  So in  small,   sony has found great pc devs and turned / helped turn them into million/billioniares dev companies from their own hard work in a partnership not just once but mant times.. they can do same on pc or those indy devs there.. which is  the  whole point im making, sony has a sercurity team, they dont need to dmr/ or w.e it called why?   Just  set up a  digital game rebuy program  for their own games and  ea/ activison the same for their own with their own revnue not sonys.  They dont  need to bow to any demands to hurt profits and be out of biz by ea/ activision and like greed of second sales.

They dont need ea/ activision and those oppressors like  publisher devs  dictating anything for their own pockets.If they want  that 2nd game sale money then set a program on their own  web sites or place of  buisness   to let gamers  sell them  back digitally or physically.    Everyone know drm or w/e it called  is  going kill m$.  Nintendo didnt do it, now look  at them struggling to make  sales with no 3rd party  support. How is that right to ruin another man company for own pockets.??

If was me i wouldnt  do it either, i dont blame  nintendo, 3rd party  support be dammed.. If I heavlly invested in sercurity team for my company for everone in it  like sony has done , then i dont need a outsider telling me  about mouse traps and how to use them to better anything.. I dont care how much money they have made.   Success come from hard work and dedication from  your own formula not  someone bigger than you  barking demands and drastc change for their own  benifits or should i say greed.

lIke said  pc games can make  money  under sony umbrella and they have. Ea/activion are not only way under thae sun becuase they  hae the most money.. Go look at the reputation of both and let me  know which better to make deal with?..   I'd take the indie devs every single time over them two becuase money is money at the end of the  day.  They are after greed and to kill consoles for the sake of greed . I dont see it anyother way!! It happening right before your eyes..its not a joke

Many thing you say are not true some are but more importantly, it is entirely to hard to understand you work on your english some. However I digress, as it is time to debunk your statements. Building yourself does indeed lower cost of PC as most people who offer custom Pc charge service fee and fees just for their name. Apple anyone? Upgrading is costly if you are trying to buy the latest model whatever so if you do not want latest buy another previous model ,futhermore sell your old hardware there is a market for that. As for the profits you have lost me. Rockstar was PC now its Console and makes more profit hence, Console is more profitable. For the rest I had mentioned no comments I believe and will wait holding the ban hammer over M$ like everyone else. Kansei Shouri Seikai Seifuku Neo Zeon Banzai.

Look,  what did i say that is  not true? so m$ is isnt   looking like crap in the media over drm  or w/e its called. and it forcasted  not be me, but  by many folk in the buisness  world to lose sales on the console from the  xbox gamers  over the new policys..Also wii u is not hurting from no 3rd party support?  What part did  I say that was  false?

When   say I value. i mean personal income money.. You  know out of the pocket cost?  Every thing  you just typed went with i just explained in  losing value( out  of the pocket cost).. Yes you  can build a good pc for 150-600$ with after market parts and chips that do about the same as the hi end brands, but the thing with pc gaming  is,  everthing goes higher and higher very fast. Which  means you have to upgrade in about 6mth to a year to play a game  like crysis 2 and those type of high  image  and qaulity producing games. Not just games out right, but time big name pc games.

Rockstar games  started as  pc  dev.. they went to sony on a  contract, then went back to 3rd party  and they do console games and  pc games. But theyre a independant  3rd party  dev.. not a  outright console dev.

Btw you missed my point. console game dont always make greater profit than pc games. The sim come from  pc. show me a game that  make  the same amount of profit on console in a sims like way? Pc  games on console make more profit, not becuase it on console because  console gamers know the quality of the game and dont want  pay  the price of building a pc to attain  such  games. Also the price   of the game in contract way for both parties for the game to be  on console.Is why they make more

Another example   starcraft  dev  dont need   console money.. valve ,, i dont think their games sold better on console than pc nor looked better.. I really dont

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 11 of 16 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 8, 2013
I am saying that your views on the PC upgrading is false. Well the PC has taken quicker strides of advancement in tech the depreciation is more than a year. I am not commenting on your first paragraph only talking but PC and profits. http://www.destructoid.com/pc-vs-console-gaming-infographic-pc-is-making-a-comeback-212611.phtml This here demonstrates that PC is making more profit on games only but the consoles themselves make more because they cost less.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 12 of 16 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6582 posts

Jun 8, 2013

balmungfury wrote:
I am saying that your views on the PC upgrading is false. Well the PC has taken quicker strides of advancement in tech the depreciation is more than a year. I am not commenting on your first paragraph only talking but PC and profits. http://www.destructoid.com/pc-vs-console-gaming-infographic-pc-is-making-a-comeback-212611.phtml This here demonstrates that PC is making more profit on games only but the consoles themselves make more because they cost less.

Ok

Im saying  putting a  good pc games on console creates mass profit, becuase they already make profit on pc.  Alot  of pc games  dont need any console revenue to be profitable.Some  pc games already make more than  some console games by being on pc  alone,  but not every pc game is making more.  But when they put them on console they make make  mass revenue if it popular..

You mean cost more to the consumer to buy thus  bringing in greater revenue.. i understand what your saying..

Its false in way when say  it cost alot to build a pc ,, yes true in a way.. I see your point but same time   a alien ware pc cost 5-10K$ and is  on level  with the times for  advanced gaming.  Building  a pc might get a few games at a  lower  cost but  you'll need to upgrade thus spending more money, thus losing  value.Alot  of peope  dont have that  kind  time. This is why console games make a little more money.

Mcbuttz78

Message 13 of 16 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 8, 2013
True but dell suck overpriced apple. Scourge of the universe. Defiler of circuits dell is.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 14 of 16 (320 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013
PC or console is basically all this thread is. EA started making games on PC in 1982, and branched over to consoles with the publishing of "Boulder Dash" in 1984 on the NES. That in is only 2 years after the company was started. This actually leads me to believe that EA has pretty much always had consoles in mind.

The company was founded on May 28, 1982 during one of the gaming industry's greatest times. 14 months later on July 15, 1983 the Famicom was released. The Famicom was a direct competitor to Atari, and EA had not had good relations with Atari. With consoles making tons and tons of sales and games for them coming in by the truck loads, you cannot tell me that EA didn't have their eyes set on the console market. They just needed a new player to enter the field and Nintendo did that for them in just over a year, which gave EA enough time to build enough revenue from PCs to be able to take the leap into consoles without committing suicide if they didn't do well. They also gave the devs of Boulder Dash time to figure out the inner workings of the Famicom/NES while porting the game from PC.

Activison was in the same boat as EA was. PC was nothing more than a stepping stone for the to start out on.
My PSN
Message 15 of 16 (300 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
PC or console is basically all this thread is. EA started making games on PC in 1982, and branched over to consoles with the publishing of "Boulder Dash" in 1984 on the NES. That in is only 2 years after the company was started. This actually leads me to believe that EA has pretty much always had consoles in mind.

The company was founded on May 28, 1982 during one of the gaming industry's greatest times. 14 months later on July 15, 1983 the Famicom was released. The Famicom was a direct competitor to Atari, and EA had not had good relations with Atari. With consoles making tons and tons of sales and games for them coming in by the truck loads, you cannot tell me that EA didn't have their eyes set on the console market. They just needed a new player to enter the field and Nintendo did that for them in just over a year, which gave EA enough time to build enough revenue from PCs to be able to take the leap into consoles without committing suicide if they didn't do well. They also gave the devs of Boulder Dash time to figure out the inner workings of the Famicom/NES while porting the game from PC.

Activison was in the same boat as EA was. PC was nothing more than a stepping stone for the to start out on.

Yes actaully.. Go back to  the part where I  say.. they are just need  pc to stay alive.. Because they are from that market, they  dont need nintendo / m$/ sony. They always had the money

They are leeches  same as  for activision.. they suck the blood and fat out of you and find new host each and every time.  The know  how to kill a  host(atari anyone)..Sony  should take notes,,  They are not playing nice, they  dont dictate any rules of the gaming  world..This  is why  im  telling  sony look this is a set up.. you  dont need those 2  clowns in  the pc  market.

If those 2 companies was serious about this, why dont they have a personal web site to buy back used  games or  a  place to send  games to  for   a  credit refund?? You see  what im saying,,? they are shovling power moves down on  people on  drm or  no  support and have nothing to show they are serious about taking action.. You  dont force anyone to  do drm or restict support  and dont have the proper climate for that ?? Sony has a top  notch sercurity company on the pay roll  they dont need drm??  if ea. activision and those  guys want to do  that  drm  or  buy back  program,,then where is the web site or  place to do that from them to start.?

In small they need to practice what they preach. This is  a set up , nothing short than kill 2 birds with 1 stone type of thing.. 

Mcbuttz78

Message 16 of 16 (287 Views)
0 Likes