May 03 2013
By: BaneOUrExistence First Son 13 posts

Eu vs NA Plus

[ Edited ]
24 replies 547 views Edited May 3, 2013

I see this posted every week of the PS Plus update of the week and I rarely see a substantial response from a Sony Exec.  So, I'll break down how lopsided the free Plus titles have been since E3 2012.  These titles are in no particular order.  I tried to keep like titles together.

EU:                                                                                                                               NA:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution                                                            Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Motorstorm Apocalypse                                                                     Choplifter

InFamous 2                                                                                          InFamous 2

Saints Row 2                                                                                        Saints Row 2

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light                                               Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Stranger's Wrath                                                                                   Trine 2

Outland                                                                                                   Outland

Renegade Ops                                                                                     Renegade Ops

Just Cause 2                                                                                        Just Cause 2

LittleBigPlanet 2                                                                                   LittleBigPlanet 2

Borderlands                                                                                          Walking Dead Episodes 1&2

Red Dead Redemption                                                                      Dungeon Defenders

Resident Evil 5                                                                                     Resident Evil 5 Gold

Bulletstorm                                                                                           NBA Jam on Fire Edition

Crysis 2                                                                                                 Final Fantasy Tactics

Cubix HD                                                                                               Super Street Fighter 4

Batman: Arkham City                                                                          Foosball 2012

Limbo                                                                                                    Darksiders

Vanquish                                                                                               Vanquish

Mortal Kombat (Vita)                                                                           Megaman 9 & 10

Mortal Kombat (PS3)                                                                          Gravity Rush

Knytt Underground                                                                              Closure

Big Sky Infinity                                                                                      Payday

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World                                                                Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Chronovolt                                                                                            Chronovolt

Double Dragon Neon                                                                         Double Dragon Neon

Tales from Space Mutant Blob                                                          Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge

BioShock 2                                                                                            BioShock 2

Guardians of Middle Earth                                                                 Guardians of Middle Earth

Gotham City Imposters                                                                      Gotham City Imposters

Jet Set Radio                                                                                        Tekken 6(Vita)

Pinball Arcade                                                                                      Soul Calibur Broken Destiny                           

Quantum Conundrum                                                                         Quantum Conundrum

Wipeout 2048                                                                                       Wipeout 2048

Lumines Electronic Symphony                                                         Demon Souls

F1 Race Stars                                                                                      Labyrinth Legends

Mass Effect 3                                                                                        Closure

Dead or Alive 5                                                                                     Disgaea 3

Joe Danger 2: The Movie                                                                   Joe Danger 2: The Movie

Metal Gear Solid HD (Vita)                                                                 Spec Ops: The Line

Puddle                                                                                                   Anomaly Warzone Earth

Hitman Absolution                                                                              The King of Fighters XIII

Catherine                                                                                              Tomb Raider: Underworld

The Cave                                                                                               The Cave

Soul Sacrifice                                                                                      

Sleeping Dogs

Okahmi HD

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Thomas was Alone

Sine Mora

Velocity Ultra HD

Not only has Europe's Plus received more games, they have received more recent titles.  North America gets lots of discounts, but many of our free titles are 3 or more years old.  Most of Europe's games are between 1 and 2 years old.  Some of Europe's free titles are just a few months old.  We keep getting the excuse that it's up to the company or Europe pays more for their games.  These explanations contradict each other.  As a company (especially one losing money such as THQ and EA) I want to get as much money as possible.  If one region pays more than another I would not make a game free that was only a few months old.  I would give up older titles and cash in on the new titles.  I know it sounds like I answered my own complaint. 

But here's the problem.  Companies like EA, Squaresoft and the late THQ released recent loses in recent months, yet they are the same companies giving away free titles to Europe.  The EU area is much larger and covers more countries/people than the NA area.  If Europe pays more for their games and I am a gaming company losing money, then why give away nearly new titles to a large group of people who pay more than another group of people? If I'm Sony and I want to reach the place where my console sold the worse I would entice them with free games.  The Sony PlayStation sold more units in Europe and Asia than any other continent.  I would think with PS4 around the corner Sony North America would see the decling sales in that region and try to gain support rather than annoy them with broken promises.

The broken promise is the one made back at E3.  A presentation I recall being that Plus subscribers would receive a AAA title every month and to make good on the promise Sony released 12 AAA titles for download to make up for the past year.  You've made good on your word as far as Europe is concerned.  Yet, not so much for North America.  Please, I love my PS3.  I hate Microsoft, but slowly I see Sony North America pulling some of the same tactics that made me leave that system.  I see these posts/topics all over your forum/weekly updates.  Look at what is happening to Nintendo.  After years of ignoring their customers they are going the way of SEGA and Atari.  Don't let us get stuck with Microsoft having the only system because you ignored your customers.

Message 1 of 25 (547 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Eu vs NA Plus

May 3, 2013

EU gets the shaft on ALOT of things, let'em have this one.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 25 (545 Views)
First Son
13 posts

May 3, 2013

What's really funny about the whole thing is Europe keeps asking for Fighters and RPG, but North America gets those.  While North America asks for Action and Shooters and Europe gets those.  It's like they are trying to irritate the fans.  I'm trying to see it another way.  True, Plus is considerably more there and the games are higher priced but the service seems better there.  I have PSN friends who say we get a better deal here, so I guess it's a whole grass is greener deal.

Message 3 of 25 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4461 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

hmmm when did EU get Soul Sacrifice, Farming Simulator, and Zombie Tycoon for free? If your gonna make a list of games don't mislead people.

Also need to remove Guacamelee and soul sacrifice from the US list as those werent free. Not sure where you got this info from.

Message 4 of 25 (534 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 3, 2013
Yeah his info is off but is point is on, well point. Glad to see march & may have good titles. Would however like us close the gap more. & although I'm not a vita owner another fighting game? Again?
Message 5 of 25 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

May 3, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Aside from paying a higher price, what are EU getting shafted on?

Message 6 of 25 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 3, 2013

DanSD wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Release dates for  games, patch dates, DLC release dates...

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 25 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 3, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

hmmm when did EU get Soul Sacrifice, Farming Simulator, and Zombie Tycoon for free? If your gonna make a list of games don't mislead people.

Also need to remove Guacamelee and soul sacrifice from the US list as those werent free. Not sure where you got this info from.

^This. I wish I could downvote the OP's post. Exceptionally bad.

Message 8 of 25 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

My mistake.  Some of those were discounted games and not free games.  I misread the posts.  I wasn't trying to "mislead" anyone. 

Out of 100 titles I had listed, 5 were wrong.  That's still 95% being right.  Don't avoid the question, Sony has mislead NA Plus members by giving us free PS3 games from several years ago and indie titles.  That wasn't what I thought I was going to get when I heard free AAA titles each month.  Last night Sleeping Dogs was announced for NA May Plus.  That is more of what I was hoping for.   And I hope more like that is on the way.  Europe gets underage drinking and less skin restrictions on TV.  I think Europe has it pretty good.  Either way we are both PlayStation customers.  We should get the same or similar freebies.

Message 9 of 25 (447 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28821 posts

May 3, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

DanSD wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Release dates for  games, patch dates, DLC release dates...

They're also paying VAT (Value Added Taxes) on digital items. So it's not as good a deal as you might think.

Message 10 of 25 (437 Views)