Treasure Hunter
7016 posts

Re: Eu vs NA Plus

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

BaneOUrExistence wrote:

My mistake.  Some of those were discounted games and not free games.  I misread the posts.  I wasn't trying to "mislead" anyone.  Unlike Sony, who has mislead NA Plus members by giving us free PS3 games from several years ago and indie titles.  That wasn't whatI thought I was going to get when I heard free AAA titles each month.  Sleeping Dogs that was recently announced for NA May Plus is more of what I was hoping for. 

You mis read by alot  haha.

I find it comical  folks will  say i want a free  game and not really want to own the  game on a discount.  if they want dont ps + anymore your really out of luck in playing it. A free game really  does you no good unless you  stay subbed to psn  plus on  eu.. which is not a bad thing but at the end of the day  usa gamers   are winning  becuase they dont  have to subbed to play   game  they want to enjoy..

they get them on disocunt and can play them whenever .  Free is  good no  doubt but it  always come with string attached count how strings(games) are atached to eu plus. You may see that good thing which it is in a wa,y  but the saying goes  theres 2 side to every  coin.. Smiley Happy

Happy gaming in your future

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 11 of 25 (793 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 3, 2013
Exceptionally means: well above average. I missed 5 out of 100. So if 95% correct is exceptionally bad, you have exceptionally high expectations from people.
Message 12 of 25 (793 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29169 posts

May 3, 2013

BaneOUrExistence wrote:

My mistake.  Some of those were discounted games and not free games.  I misread the posts.  I wasn't trying to "mislead" anyone. 

Out of 100 titles I had listed, 5 were wrong.  That's still 95% being right.  Don't avoid the question, Sony has mislead NA Plus members by giving us free PS3 games from several years ago and indie titles.  That wasn't what I thought I was going to get when I heard free AAA titles each month.  Last night Sleeping Dogs was announced for NA May Plus.  That is more of what I was hoping for.   And I hope more like that is on the way.  Europe gets underage drinking and less skin restrictions on TV.  I think Europe has it pretty good.  Either way we are both PlayStation customers.  We should get the same or similar freebies.

Go to law school, study international copyright law, and then sort out all the Value Added Taxes, copyright laws, licensing fees, content laws, and banking laws, and then you can fix it.

Message 13 of 25 (793 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7016 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

BaneOUrExistence wrote:
Exceptionally means: well above average. I missed 5 out of 100. So if 95% correct is exceptionally bad, you have exceptionally high expectations from people.

95% is not bad  but alot folk dont go by numbers they  go by what you say(wrote) when they read it.. I understand it just  simple common mistake,  that can  be fixed real easy not costing a dime.. But alot folks say time is money and thay want 100% all day  long. 95% is not good enough  for them evn if it a simple mistake..

Some time on psn  blog the staff make a simple mistake and  they get swarmmed by the masses. Becuase alot of  folks are looking for a mistake an error.. to  knock  folk to reality.. "You  have to always be at your  best with press.. because   anything less eqauls  no success"..  

happy gaming in your future

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 14 of 25 (779 Views)
Fender Bender
3485 posts

May 3, 2013

Terrible and misleading post OP.

Message 15 of 25 (526 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Yep, when you want to do a summary to back your complain, it should be correct and not just cover one's assumptions.

The IGC has indeed been better in Europe, but SCEA has improved a lot recently. The offered games for May are an excellent example, with 3 out of 4 games being identical with games that we had. So Europe is still ahead, but not as far as it once was.

That the OP was very biased can be registered by how it failed to cover anything else that is part of Plus. 

Testing Full games? The library in Europe is ridicolously small, by far no match for what is offered in America.

Sales and discounts? SCEA beats SCEE left and right, be it by quantity AND quality.

In Europe they even got rid of including little things as Avatars. But has anything of that been mentioned in this "Eu vs NA Plus" comparison? Nope.

And as Setzaroth mentioned, we get shafted on a lot of other things. We haven't seen CS:GO being released even yet! And that is just one of the worst examples about how releases are handled. Another would be the patch that finally includes localized subtitles for The Walking Dead. Xbox360 and PC received that patch mid March, it seems SCEE and TTG aren't even able to answer if the PS3 patch might follow 2 months later.

Prices, bah - not even worth to discuss.

But hey, let's complain about why Europe got game X and the USA not yet, right BaneOUrExistence?

Message 16 of 25 (201 Views)
Wastelander
654 posts

May 5, 2013

Golwar wrote:

In Europe they even got rid of including little things as Avatars. But has anything of that been mentioned in this "Eu vs NA Plus" comparison? Nope.

Do we get those anymore?  I haven't seen a new avatar or dynamic theme offered to US PS+ in a long time.  I liked getting those.

Message 17 of 25 (158 Views)
Sackboy
573 posts

May 5, 2013

BaneOUrExistence wrote:

I see this posted every week of the PS Plus update of the week and I rarely see a substantial response from a Sony Exec.  So, I'll break down how lopsided the free Plus titles have been since E3 2012.  These titles are in no particular order.  I tried to keep like titles together.

mate its simple, the US nuked Japan and Europe didnt.

you didnt really think that they would ever forget that did you?

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 18 of 25 (138 Views)
Wastelander
654 posts

May 5, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

BaneOUrExistence wrote:

I see this posted every week of the PS Plus update of the week and I rarely see a substantial response from a Sony Exec.  So, I'll break down how lopsided the free Plus titles have been since E3 2012.  These titles are in no particular order.  I tried to keep like titles together.

mate its simple, the US nuked Japan and Europe didnt.

you didnt really think that they would ever forget that did you?

This was a reaction to Japan's initial and unprovoked attack.

Message 19 of 25 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 5, 2013
Actually, at the end of WW1, the United States promised Japan additional land and oil from a segment of Eastern China that was overtaken. The United States backed out on their end of the deal and gave China back the land during WW2. The United States screwed Japan out of very badly needed resources and that is why Japan went to war against the United States. It was in no way unprovoked. If the United States hadn't ignored their treaty agreement, Pearl Harbor never would have happened. Japan needed oil, the US promised them oil and never delivered, Japan gets desperate because national reserves are quickly depleting and are only enough to maintain the country for 10 years. Japan tries to talk to the US, and gets the cold shoulder. Japan attacks the United States on grounds of their Justified claim to the land in Eastern China. Germany offers Japan oil in exchange for military assistance. Japan takes the deal, knowing that they need anything they can get. (Manchurian/Mukden Incident, 1930s)
My PSN
Message 20 of 25 (129 Views)
0 Likes