Reply
Jun 12 2013
By: Z-E-V-O-X-A First Son 7 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Estimating the date?

9 replies 147 views Edited Jun 12, 2013

I'm selling my Xbox 360 soon with all my games so I can buy the PS4 and I was wondering around what date do you think the date would be around it being released? So I can figure out how long I'd have to wait to actually start gaming correctly again. :b

BF3 Stats
Message 1 of 10 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013

Z-E-V-O-X-A wrote:

I'm selling my Xbox 360 soon with all my games so I can buy the PS4 and I was wondering around what date do you think the date would be around it being released? So I can figure out how long I'd have to wait to actually start gaming correctly again. :b


Sony has only said "Holiday 2013"

The Xbox One is set to release in November.

So, I'm going to assume the PS4 will release somewhere in December, in order to win over the holiday shoppers.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 2 of 10 (137 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 02/01/2012
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013
releasing in december won't win over anyone, if it's not before black friday it's not good.

that said I think it will release after xbone because they didn't announce the date yet, which is weird because it seems most stores get more ps4s allocated to them than xbones. I think they should release first, get a few weeks of hype and then drop some nice stuff on psn+ when xbone launches
Message 3 of 10 (127 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/02/2002
Online
9593 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Z-E-V-O-X-A wrote:

I'm selling my Xbox 360 soon with all my games so I can buy the PS4 and I was wondering around what date do you think the date would be around it being released? So I can figure out how long I'd have to wait to actually start gaming correctly again. :b


Sony has only said "Holiday 2013"

The Xbox One is set to release in November.

So, I'm going to assume the PS4 will release somewhere in December, in order to win over the holiday shoppers.


it would make no sense to release after Black Friday.  Look for the PS4 to be released before then.

Message 4 of 10 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 03/17/2007
Offline
31006 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013
I'm guessing sometime in November before Black Friday
Message 5 of 10 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/11/2013
Online
4798 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013

I agree It will be released before black friday. 

Message 6 of 10 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013

USRevenge2 wrote:
releasing in december won't win over anyone, if it's not before black friday it's not good.

that said I think it will release after xbone because they didn't announce the date yet, which is weird because it seems most stores get more ps4s allocated to them than xbones. I think they should release first, get a few weeks of hype and then drop some nice stuff on psn+ when xbone launches

We'll see. It is odd that Sony did not narrow down the date to at least "November" like MS did for the Xbox One.

Maybe they want to wait and see what the official release date will be for the Xbox One, so they can counter and release the PS4 a week before. I wouldn't put it past them.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 7 of 10 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/11/2013
Online
4798 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

USRevenge2 wrote:
releasing in december won't win over anyone, if it's not before black friday it's not good.

that said I think it will release after xbone because they didn't announce the date yet, which is weird because it seems most stores get more ps4s allocated to them than xbones. I think they should release first, get a few weeks of hype and then drop some nice stuff on psn+ when xbone launches

We'll see. It is odd that Sony did not narrow down the date to at least "November" like MS did for the Xbox One.

Maybe they want to wait and see what the official release date will be for the Xbox One, so they can counter and release the PS4 a week before. I wouldn't put it past them.


Didn't think of that, all I know is November / December can't get here quick enough. 

Message 8 of 10 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/22/2010
Offline
892 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

Jun 12, 2013

...........can anyone remember the last time a console was released before November?  360 was the middle of November 2005, PS3 and Wii middle of November 2006.............

Message 9 of 10 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Estimating the date?

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

aka_TRAP wrote:

...........can anyone remember the last time a console was released before November?  360 was the middle of November 2005, PS3 and Wii middle of November 2006.............


PS2 was released in March of 2000. PS1 released in December of 1995, in Japan (September 1996 in NA)

But, I get your point. The trend, in recent years, seems to be November.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 10 of 10 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes