Reply
Oct 04 2009
By: mgd121 First Son 18 posts
Offline

Error 80010006 What does this mean??

15 replies 44695 views Edited Oct 4, 2009

My son had turned off the PS3 the other day and when he turned it back on, we had lost some info.

We still have our ranks in R2 and COD4, but our class names for weapons in COD4 are blank.

Also, lost our map packs. They show up in our downloads, but when I click on them I get this;

An error occurred during the install operation 80010006. Also get the same message now when I tried to download Uncharted 2 demo.

What is wrong?

Message 1 of 16 (44,695 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/18/2006
Offline
350 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 4, 2009

80010006 - An error occurred during the start operation. - Corrupted folding install.

 

http://www.ultimateplaystation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&p=29366#p29366

 

 

Message 2 of 16 (44,695 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/10/2009
Offline
3139 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 4, 2009

Tsalagi wrote:

80010006 - An error occurred during the start operation. - Corrupted folding install.

 

http://www.ultimateplaystation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&p=29366#p29366

 

 


try deleting the COD4 Data (under game data utility).





again... but at least I got my data off it and deactivated my accounts.
Message 3 of 16 (44,695 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/24/2008
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 4, 2009
Will I lose all my ranking and have to start over if I delete data?
Message 4 of 16 (44,695 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/10/2009
Offline
3139 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 4, 2009

mgd121 wrote:
Will I lose all my ranking and have to start over if I delete data?

ranks are stored to the server. you will lose your custom classes and clan tags but you just have to take the 2 minutes to rebuild them.





again... but at least I got my data off it and deactivated my accounts.
Message 5 of 16 (44,695 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/24/2008
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 5, 2009

Deleted data under game data utility.

Renamed custom classes of weapons.

Quit game, restart game and class names are gone again.

Also, cannot install COD4 map pack under my downloads in PS store and cannot download Uncharted 2 demo. Both show the error 80010006.

What can I try next?

I also have error 8001002E when I access my name in friends list.

Message Edited by mgd121 on 10-04-2009 05:08 PM
Message Edited by mgd121 on 10-04-2009 05:53 PM
Message 6 of 16 (44,695 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/10/2009
Offline
3139 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 6, 2009

mgd121 wrote:

Deleted data under game data utility.

Renamed custom classes of weapons.

Quit game, restart game and class names are gone again.

Also, cannot install COD4 map pack under my downloads in PS store and cannot download Uncharted 2 demo. Both show the error 80010006.

What can I try next?

I also have error 8001002E when I access my name in friends list.


time for a FS rebuild, if that fails, format, if that fails?





again... but at least I got my data off it and deactivated my accounts.
Message 7 of 16 (44,696 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/13/2009
Offline
883 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 6, 2009

Ragingfred wrote:

mgd121 wrote:

Deleted data under game data utility.

Renamed custom classes of weapons.

Quit game, restart game and class names are gone again.

Also, cannot install COD4 map pack under my downloads in PS store and cannot download Uncharted 2 demo. Both show the error 80010006.

What can I try next?

I also have error 8001002E when I access my name in friends list.


time for a FS rebuild, if that fails, format, if that fails?


 

cant forget database restore as well before format
Dqeight
Message 8 of 16 (44,696 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/24/2008
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 6, 2009

Where do I go to do this?

Which step first?

Message 9 of 16 (44,696 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/10/2009
Offline
3139 posts
 

Re: Error 80010006 What does this mean??

Oct 6, 2009

mgd121 wrote:

Where do I go to do this?

Which step first?


Recovery menu.

 

1) system is off

2) hold power button until it turns on and shuts off again

3) hold power button again until you hear two short fast beeps.

 - if that doesn't work, do step 2 twice

 

do options 2 - 5 in order, move on to the next one if the previous one didn't work.





again... but at least I got my data off it and deactivated my accounts.
Message 10 of 16 (44,696 Views)
Reply
0 Likes