First Son
2 posts

Re: Endless Electronics and Gophermods

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Udpate: Endless Electronics has transferred their PS3 repair services to FixmyPS3.com. I'm not quite sure if it's the same service but it is definitely the same phone number that you would call in order to get your PS3 repaired so I'm assume that you'll be dealing with the same people.

Anyways, after having my PS3 repaired by MTC services 3 times - the place sony sends their PS3s repaired for Canadian Residents - I decided to go with Endless Electronics simply because I didn't want my hard drive to be wiped a 3rd time, having to reclaim the save data several PS2 games all over again.

Endless Electronics does fantastic work for reballing your PS3, but be warned, their customer service is AWFUL. They need to delegate someone who actually has experience talking to customers and making them aware of their additional services.

For example, once they received my PS3 they sent me a call/ I asked for the component upgrade package which meant they would change the power supply, put in a 19 '' fan and other upgrades. 

What they didn't tell me over the phone was that I also needed to ask for my PS3 to be returned to me in a worry-free-shipping box. I assumed that since my PS3 was sent to them in a worry-free-shipping-box that it would also be returned in the same box. But instead my PS3 was returned to me surrounded in packing peanuts and my PS3 received a small dent on the opposite end of where the power button on the front of the console is placed.

So  talking to them over the phone was similar pulling teeth; they give very short and abrupt answers and they don't seem to be very willing to answer all your questions, but it seems to be the only way you'll be able to get a clear and direct respond from them since  they don't like to respond to emails.

I haven't passed the 30 hour stress test yet but so far my PS3 is working okay, much cooler than it was before I had sent it in. Though, DarkSouls crashes, but that's probably do to the 1.05 firmware update for 60gb PS3s - it's the only game that happens to freeze/crash. Everything else works perfect

If anyone is interested I'll try to give a much more detailed report of my experience with Endless Electronics/FixmyPS3 for residents outside of the United States.

But be warned you need to be prepared when talking to them over the phone. Make sure your PS3 is very well secure before you send it out and have a list of questions you'd like to ask them over the phone and be very clear about what services that you want. 

BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T ASK THEY WON'T KNOW.

Message 21 of 24 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 22, 2013

My PS3 has YLOD' again. It is now December 21, 2013 and this PS3 has failed again. The sad part is that I wasn't using it as heavily as I was before because of school and my other activities. I was really only using it for Youtube and some occasional game play here and there. I still have the warranty from EE and the box they sent me. Too bad that it only lasted 8 months even without heavy use. I thought it wouldn't fail again. I don't know who to blame. It seemed like EE did an excellent job of repairing it but now this.. Maybe this PS3 has just gotta be put down.

My advice for anyone with one of these old first gen. systems is to just buy a new one if you receive any issues. The amount of money I spent getting it fixed could've bought me a new playstation.

Message 22 of 24 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Dec 22, 2013

As I stated before, stay as far away from EE as possible. Gophermods will set you up right. And for someone else on this board to say that there is not enough evidence to justify one over the other, that's not true. Look at the BBB on EE and you will see. EE threatend to expose my name and address on here if I didn't stop slaming them because of what they did to me. What kind of buisness is that? If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen. They stated that they had emailed me stateing something that I should do (which they used my PS messageing instead of my primary email, and only one time after I complained about them) .

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but EE had mashed my GPU right down on the motherboard. No wonder they couldn't fix it.....

Give Gophermods a try. I'm still useing mine.

Treasure hunter, coin collector, bottle collector (pre 1890).

Navy (retired)

Army National Guard (1996-2002)

Message 23 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 22, 2013

There is no reason to pay anyone.

Search Gilsky method and do it yourself.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 24 of 24 (126 Views)
0 Likes