Jun 20 2011
By: TECTRON Hekseville Citizen 314 posts

Endless Electronics and Gophermods

23 replies 858 views Edited Jun 20, 2011

Do any of you have experience with either of these companies?  I'm a recent YLOD victim and I'd like to have my exact model in working condition again (preferably via reball) and preserve my data.  I have experience with Gophermods, but I hadn't heard of Endless Electronics until very recently.  Is Endless Electronics a trustworthy company?  Would you recommend any one over the other?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Re: Endless Electronics and Gophermods

Jun 21, 2011

I have worked with Gophermods before, they have fixed my Blu Ray drive. The drive they gave me never failed, and I have heard that they have done good work on the YLOD. Plus, you get a free 6 month warranty (That's what it was last time I checked). Have never worked with Endless Electronics though.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 21, 2011

I suggest you go with Endless Electronics. They are cheaper than Gophermods and there is a lifetime warranty on their work.

Gophermods has a waiting list for their reball.

If you want to read more about Endless Electronics read this thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31138301#31138301

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4373 posts

Jun 21, 2011

Where are you located?

Global PC/Global Mods in London Ontario Canada does exceptional work.  Reballing with a 1 year warrenty for about $170.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 21, 2011

Technically speaking, Gophermods has a lifetime warranty as well. I would trust it a little more too, Endless is a little unclear in their policy. If I am to read that correctly, technically speaking, if your console fails 12 months later, and they can't fix it, I should receive a refund. They don't say that, and I've e-mailed them, and Ben dodged my answer. Plus, they have that sketchy, hey if we go out of business, all warranties are void line on their website, unless they removed that.

Gophermods.com atleast says: "If the unit fails outside of warranty, we will repair the unit labor free. The customer only needs to cover shipping."

So, that is a lifetime warranty too, so in actuality, they both offer a lifetime warranty. Gophermods is a little more established. EE has been around, what, five months? Gophermods, over three years? It's funny that everyone jumps the bandwagon so fast....Anyone remember DaggerPc and that disaster. I know I remember it, took me forever to get my console back, and I am now #13 on the waitlist for Gophermods.

Gophermods > Endless Electronics

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 22, 2011

Endless Electronics does have satisfied customers from their reball listed in this forum, as far as I know Gophermods does not, probably due to the waiting list.

Both companies have excellent ratings with the BBB, so there shouldn't be an issue which company you go with...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 11, 2011

I just want to add to this me experience with Endless which is days old.  Sent my PS3 to them to have level two and thermal pad upgrade done after YLOD.  Unit took about 1 month to be returned and email contact was let's just say a little lite on the reply side.  Got my machine back in a box three times the size of the PS3 and pack ONLY with peanut foam and the PS3 sitting at the bottom of the box!! So you can imagine it musg have slid around like crazy on the shippment back.  I mean they caould have wrapped the entire unit in the large bubble wrap first then put it in foam peanuts...the second issue was...nosound, no video, no controller syncing, what's known as the GLOD.  Turns on but you get nothing....contacted them and I got no reply for about 2 days.  They said email was down and they dont get emails over the weekend.  Even then they said the PS3 could have HDD issues and possibly got a hard jolt suring shipping (you think mate!!).  I replied and nothing came back.  After contacting the BBB and PayPal they ponied up my full refund which I have to say was commendable. 

But the honest truth is that I wanted the PS3 fixed. I didnt want a headache and that is what I got from Endless.  Would I use or recommend them - sadly NO. Not unless they change several things IMHO.  I was moved by the price and the lifetime warranty, those two made me chose them over Gophermods.  But after sepaking to some fellows Gophermods will fix any out of warranty PS3 and wont charge for labour only shipping back to you and I guess any parts they need to change.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 11, 2011

guyedison wrote:

I just want to add to this me experience with Endless which is days old.  Sent my PS3 to them to have level two and thermal pad upgrade done after YLOD.  Unit took about 1 month to be returned and email contact was let's just say a little lite on the reply side.  Got my machine back in a box three times the size of the PS3 and pack ONLY with peanut foam and the PS3 sitting at the bottom of the box!! So you can imagine it musg have slid around like crazy on the shippment back.  I mean they caould have wrapped the entire unit in the large bubble wrap first then put it in foam peanuts...the second issue was...nosound, no video, no controller syncing, what's known as the GLOD.  Turns on but you get nothing....contacted them and I got no reply for about 2 days.  They said email was down and they dont get emails over the weekend.  Even then they said the PS3 could have HDD issues and possibly got a hard jolt suring shipping (you think mate!!).  I replied and nothing came back.  After contacting the BBB and PayPal they ponied up my full refund which I have to say was commendable. 

But the honest truth is that I wanted the PS3 fixed. I didnt want a headache and that is what I got from Endless.  Would I use or recommend them - sadly NO. Not unless they change several things IMHO.  I was moved by the price and the lifetime warranty, those two made me chose them over Gophermods.  But after sepaking to some fellows Gophermods will fix any out of warranty PS3 and wont charge for labour only shipping back to you and I guess any parts they need to change.

So Gophermods will fix any PS3, outside their warranty, for free except for the cost of the parts? That is a nice jester on their part, but I tend to think that might be granted on a case by case basis, since that isn't their official policy and they are trying to sell extended warranties on their repairs...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Aug 12, 2011

I would NOT go to EE!! They sent my unit back without fixing my YLOD and said that they retrieved my disc out of the unit. They gave me a COD MW2 disc when I told them I had a HAWX2 disc in it.They said the MW2 was the disc that came out. I disassembled the BR drive and what was in it? My HAWX2 disc. After further disassembly I discovered that there was no new thermal paste and the pads to the 2 chips were missing even when I paid for these services!

They refuse to give me a refund even though it clearly states on their web page that if it has a factory seal on it, if they can't fix it=no charge.

After several emails to them they have stopped communications. I am now contacting the OnlineBBB and Paypal to get my money back.

One email they had sent me even said "what did you expect?"

Stay as far away from them as possible, they are frauds!!!!

Seasparrow.

Treasure hunter, coin collector, bottle collector (pre 1890).

Navy (retired)

Army National Guard (1996-2002)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Aug 15, 2011

Hello,

We have never refused a refund for a unit that cannot be repaired and we never will. Please contact us. We want to help you! Let us know about the game too, if we returned the wrong game we will reimburse you.

Thanks,

Ben

Endless Electronics

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes