Sep 1, 2012

It has to be Endless Electronics that are spamming me

Message 12 of 24 (432 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Endless Electronics and Gophermods

Sep 1, 2012
You stated before that you had your PS3 repaired by EE, it only lasted 3 months. The note on your picture suggests that you had not had your PS3 previously repaired by EE at all, because you should have been entitled to warranty services. Or at the very least you didn't keep in contact with them on what you wanted to do next, if they found out your PS3 wasn't repairable.

So far you haven't written much down than a few cursory sentances on your account. You really need to write a more detailed account of what happened to make your story make more sense.
Message 13 of 24 (427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Don't Believe Gophermods.com fake reviews.  Gophermods.com reviews are mostly fake.  These people create their own fake reviews online line to create an image that there service is so good.  But, their customer reviews are crazy fake. I have friends who have worked for these people who told me what they do.  The proof of this is very easy to see,  just take a look at the web address below their fake reviews.  You will see that most have their name Gophermods or Gophermods.com as part of the web address which means the fake reviews are coming from their own website or a website they own or control.   This is dishonest and a scam.  You decide and make your own decision,       JUST KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

Message 14 of 24 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
662 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Stay the hell away from Endless Electronics. Their "lifetime warranty" is bogus. It doesn't mean endless fixes. Back in spring 2012 my PS3 died from YLOD, I spent 100 bucks to have it reballed. It was sent back to me and seemed alright but died again. I sent it back, they fixed, sent back to me. This went on 4 times. Then they said they were sending me another model and would remove the warranty on that one. This took about 3 months...

Message 15 of 24 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I went with Endless Electronics because of their Component Upgrade Package. That's why I chose them over Gophermods. Tom N. from Endless just e-mailed me a few minutes ago and told me that they had just received my PS3 and that it was put in line for diagnostics.  I have a full BC PS3 that's why I'm going through all the trouble of getting it repaired by a third party.

I got my Blu-Ray drive fixed by Sony in mid 2011 only to have it YLOD on me in May 2012. I don't think Sony did much of anything at all besides swap the Blu-Ray drive. I say this because I've read that they at least put some thermal paste on there when they service your PS3 but I don't even think they did that. I'm not sure. I just know that my PS3 ran super hot and the fan sounded like a jet. I feel like if I keep sending it to Sony that it's gonna be the same scenario over and over.

With Endless' upgrade and service I think my PS3 will last much longer and the 1 year warranty makes me feel more secure as well. I don't plan to have a PS4 anytime soon so I need my PS3 to run for 3 more years at least.  I'm sure Gophermods is awesome too and they were actually my first choice before I discovered Endless. I just liked the packages Endless offered is all. And, they don't seem bad at all either.

I don't trust Sony's services at all because their prices are pretty high for what you get. I think I paid 180-something dollars for that Blu-Ray drive swap in 2011. If your PS3 is out of warranty I suggest going with a third party like Endless or Gopher. If it's out of warranty, YLOD and not a full BC model then you might as well buy a new PS3 imo.

I will check in to this thread when I get my PS3 and update you guys. Hopefully next week. I will post some pics as well and maybe some video if it's worth it.

Message 16 of 24 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Mar 21, 2013

EE is a great company and has great service. Last summer my 80gb Motorstorm got the YLOD and I chose them over Gophermods. Took them 2 weeks to get it all repaired and back up to snuff with the complete componet upgrade package and reball. It lasted until almost January of this year and got YLOD again. Emailed them about the problem, sent it back in for Warranty repair free of charge other than shipping to them. Been running fine since then. I'll send it back to them again if I have to.

Message 17 of 24 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Mar 21, 2013

zombieplanetguy wrote:

Technically speaking, Gophermods has a lifetime warranty as well. I would trust it a little more too, Endless is a little unclear in their policy. If I am to read that correctly, technically speaking, if your console fails 12 months later, and they can't fix it, I should receive a refund. They don't say that, and I've e-mailed them, and Ben dodged my answer. Plus, they have that sketchy, hey if we go out of business, all warranties are void line on their website, unless they removed that.

Gophermods.com atleast says: "If the unit fails outside of warranty, we will repair the unit labor free. The customer only needs to cover shipping."

So, that is a lifetime warranty too, so in actuality, they both offer a lifetime warranty. Gophermods is a little more established. EE has been around, what, five months? Gophermods, over three years? It's funny that everyone jumps the bandwagon so fast....Anyone remember DaggerPc and that disaster. I know I remember it, took me forever to get my console back, and I am now #13 on the waitlist for Gophermods.

Gophermods > Endless Electronics

Well yeah... if you go out of business, you don't have a business to honor warranties; how is that "sketchy"?   Just a little common sense goes a long ways.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 18 of 24 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Mar 21, 2013

i sent my Cecha to EE for the component upgrade, and have experienced no problems with my PS3 since.

highly recomended!

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 19 of 24 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Alrighty. So, I just got my PS3 back from EE today and they did a fantastic job. You can't hear this thing at all now and the system stays really cool. As mentioned before I went with the Component Upgrade and YLOD repair. they assured me that they would reball it with lead solder so it should not crack or have any of those issues. I got a 2 year warranty with this package as well, for free.

I placed my order for the diagnostics and their send-a-box service on the 15th of March and it got to me on the 20th. I shipped it that same morning and they received on the 25th. In my last post I had mentioned that they contacted me telling me that they had received my PS3 and that it was put in line for diagnostics. But, it turned out that one of their guys misread the serial on another PS3 and confused it with mine. They had not received mine yet. Honest mistake, quickly resolved. I received my PS3 this morning April 8th. So, total wait time is about a month or less and this will depend on how busy they are I'm guessing.

My PS3 is whisper quiet now. Before, as I've mentioned, the fan would kick up to the highest setting just while watching videos and you could feel the heat in the surrounding areas where my PS3 was placed. I played it for 4 hours and I'm letting it cool for 15 minutes like they suggest. I'm very happy with the service EE provided. I feel like my PS3 will last forever now. I will definitely be leaving them positive reviews and recommend them to anyone that needs their PS3 fixed. The Component Upgrade is ESSENTIAL! for first gen BC PS3s. I highly recommend these guys, I'm very happy.

Will keep you guys posted if anything. Thanks EE!

Message 20 of 24 (247 Views)
0 Likes