Aug 11 2012
By: gojeff99 Uncharted Territory 1394 posts

Easy way to get to, read, post on forms via PS3, PS4

12 replies 140 views Edited Aug 11, 2012

I think it would be nice to have a link in the XMB that took you to the forms and automatically log you in when your signed into a acct on the PS3, PS4.  It would bring more users to the forms and more people is always better Smiley Happy   I say PS3 ,PS4 because it would be nice to add it to the PS3 but not sure if they will but would be good for it on the PS4.  Like if you could just enter the XMB at ANY TIME (PS4 could make this possible but not on PS3) like while in a game of say grand theft auto so you hit a spot in the game you want more info about or want to share with others you can.  Also would be nice and easy to make a post saying hey I'm looking to play some team death match in game and am looking for some people to play with or some people to free roam and blow up cars etc.  I think this would be really cool and allow people to make connections to other people with the same interests and have a good time. 

What would happen with this is you could only access the Playstation forms and the links and videos wouldn't work as I'm sure as they would take up too much memory while you are playing a game but they could work while not in a game.  But anything is possible with PS4 right ?!?!

I personally hope they make a normal PS4 and also a "super PS4" 

Normal PS4 would be just that good for most people and dose what its meant too game.  Now with the super PS4 it would have more features like card readers, a upgraded "faster and bigger" storage device,  extreme cooling built extra strong for the hardcore gamers,  faster CPU more RAM?  prob wouldn't have a faster CPU but it would be nice to have more RAM for faster XMB accesses and it could allow games to ready up the next area so little to none load time.  I think this would be a very nice thing and would spend idk a extra $300 over the normal PS4 knowing I'm buying something that is going to last till the next gen and will be the best PS4 you can get.

MVP
Message 1 of 13 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1394 posts

Re: Easy way to get to, read, post on forms via PS3, PS4

Aug 11, 2012

I just wanted to add it would also be very useful for Gran Turismo users to find, host, races posting the room ID to join and what kind of races, cars to use etc.  As there is little to no real organization in being able to find rooms in GT with out just keep looking down the list and refreshing it.

MVP
Message 2 of 13 (134 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

They wouldn't build two different sets of specs. The idea is to have everyone enjoy the same experience. Not to have games be dependent upon which system you buy. Making a console more like a PC invites a whole host of problems that plague PC games, and that's why most of us bought consoles in the first place. 

"Hardcore gamers" comprise most likely a very small portion of the user base. You want a large audience like the Madden crowd, not the hardcore gamer crowd. 

Message 3 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1394 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

They wouldn't build two different sets of specs. The idea is to have everyone enjoy the same experience. Not to have games be dependent upon which system you buy. Making a console more like a PC invites a whole host of problems that plague PC games, and that's why most of us bought consoles in the first place. 

"Hardcore gamers" comprise most likely a very small portion of the user base. You want a large audience like the Madden crowd, not the hardcore gamer crowd. 

The 2 versions are really the same like I said I doubt a diff CPU.  Adding more ram and making the cooling system better, bigger faster storage device is not going to affect anything between the consoles.  Its nothing like a PC this is all stuff that would not affect the performance of games it would just allow people who know they game a lot to spend less time on the loading screens and have a system that would last.  I know 75% of friends I know personally that have had there ps3/360 die (several multiple times myself included) and then you have to mess with losing your saves, wait and send it in for fix or buy a new one.  In the long run a lot of smart people would buy this and save them this hassle and cheaper in the long run.

Launch ps3s play ps2 games, have card readers have 4 USB slots and is not causing any issues compared to slims with 2 USB slots no card readers and no backwards compatibility.

MVP
Message 4 of 13 (119 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

gojeff99 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

The 2 versions are really the same like I said I doubt a diff CPU.  Adding more ram and making the cooling system better, bigger faster storage device is not going to affect anything between the consoles.

You said the "hardcore" version you'd like to see a faster CPU and more RAM along side a standard version. The problem with that is you don't have uniform specs, and if you add more RAM in one model over another, you start running in problems with games that will run well on one machine and not another. The last thing I want in a game console is to buy the latest and greatest game, load it up, and then find out it won't run because I don't have the right system specs. That's what I call the "SURPRISE Factor". We don't need some people being able to run a game, and some unable to. Again, the experience is inconsistent between users. Also the cooling system like you propose would be too expensive for any sort of mass production. The idea is to keep costs down, and not drive them up. 

Like I said before, you don't want to appeal to "hardcore gamers". You want a BIG mainstream audience, and not specialize in a niche audience. 

Message 5 of 13 (114 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1394 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

gojeff99 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

The 2 versions are really the same like I said I doubt a diff CPU.  Adding more ram and making the cooling system better, bigger faster storage device is not going to affect anything between the consoles.

You said the "hardcore" version you'd like to see a faster CPU and more RAM along side a standard version. The problem with that is you don't have uniform specs, and if you add more RAM in one model over another, you start running in problems with games that will run well on one machine and not another. The last thing I want in a game console is to buy the latest and greatest game, load it up, and then find out it won't run because I don't have the right system specs. That's what I call the "SURPRISE Factor". We don't need some people being able to run a game, and some unable to. Again, the experience is inconsistent between users. Also the cooling system like you propose would be too expensive for any sort of mass production. The idea is to keep costs down, and not drive them up. 

Like I said before, you don't want to appeal to "hardcore gamers". You want a BIG mainstream audience, and not specialize in a niche audience. 

AGAIN doubt diff CPU as yea that could cause a bit of a issue.  All games would be made for the standard PS4 you are reading this all wrong.   Adding more RAM will not make a game unplayable. Or cause any issues with making the games for the system.  At the heart and soul its the same system the other one just has a few extra goodies.

I never said hardcore system,  I said "super PS4"  the extra ram would just alow games with loading screens to pre-load a lvl while gaming so less wait.  not change the game anyway between the systems...

like if you could add more ram to a ps3 it would allow all the images for the XMB to always be in RAM and wouldnt have to wait for them to load giving your a "faster" system but not afecting game play as this would be extra ram.

MVP
Message 6 of 13 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Aug 12, 2012

gojeff99 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

gojeff99 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

AGAIN doubt diff CPU as yea that could cause a bit of a issue.  All games would be made for the standard PS4 you are reading this all wrong.   Adding more RAM will not make a game unplayable. Or cause any issues with making the games for the system.  At the heart and soul its the same system the other one just has a few extra goodies.

I never said hardcore system,  I said "super PS4"  the extra ram would just alow games with loading screens to pre-load a lvl while gaming so less wait.  not change the game anyway between the systems...

like if you could add more ram to a ps3 it would allow all the images for the XMB to always be in RAM and wouldnt have to wait for them to load giving your a "faster" system but not afecting game play as this would be extra ram.

You really seem to have NO IDEA what a console means.

If you want that expandability, GET A PC.

A console is a UNIFORM platform making everything the same across the board for everyone and not having ANY expandability so that developers can easily make a game without having to run into variables that PC developers have to deal with.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 13 (84 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1394 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

I never said hardcore system,  I said "super PS4"  the extra ram would just allow games with loading screens to pre-load a lvl while gaming so less wait.  Not change the game anyway between the systems...

like if you could add more ram to a ps3 it would allow all the images for the XMB to always be in RAM and wouldn't have to wait for them to load giving your a "faster" system but not affecting game play as this would be extra ram.

You really seem to have NO IDEA what a console means.

If you want that expandability, GET A PC.

A console is a UNIFORM platform making everything the same across the board for everyone and not having ANY expandability so that developers can easily make a game without having to run into variables that PC developers have to deal with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3
I'm not sure what your reading but its not what I'm typing.  There are already many differences with just the PS3 system and the things I'm suggesting do not change any of the game play nor will make it hard to develop games as its still the same system just like all the ps3's they are all basically the same just changes to save cost and cut price.  Like the cpu's are not the same between all ps3's  

90 nm processor then 65 nm then 45 nm. This change lowers the power consumption of the console and makes it less expensive to produce.  If I'm not mistaken they all work the same just got smaller.

one base ps4 

X CPU (launch ps3 has  Playstation 2 emotion engine CPU chip doesn't interfere with ps3 games  slim ps3 dose not have this CPU chip doesn't change anything) 

X amount of ram 

X storage device (this is the HDD on the ps3 that is replace able with any laptop HDD I say storage device as they may not use a HDD with PS4 they may use a SSD)  

X USB ports- 2 would be good to save cost.  May or may not have card reader just like launch ps3 has card readers  Memory Stick, SD/MMC and CompactFlash/Microdrive media. Slim ps3's do not have these but launch ps3's do, they don't cause any issues that they removed them from the slim ps3 to cut cost.

Now the "super ps4" 

CPU -  would yes be the same CPU as the normal ps4 I was tossing out there would be cool if maybe had a little better or better one but tuned down to make it last a long time with out a doubt.  

RAM -  have more ram to just allow more things to be stored in the ram like the entire xmb.  I like to pop in and out of the XMB a lot during games and such especially when your trying to invite friends to join you and play with you.  This would not make any game made only for the "super ps4"  as this extra ram is already made for use for other things but depending on how much extra is added some games could use this to store more info in the ram to help shorten load times while in game (think like in GTA Vice city when you had to sit and load between cites)  would be exactly the same game on either system just you could spend the extra $ if you want to for faster loading.  Would NOT change grafx quality would not change frame rate.  Exactly the same same game just fast XMB access and reduced loading.

Storage device-  bigger more room then normal ps4 just like now we have the 20gig, 40gig, 60gig, 80gig, 120gig, 160gig, 250gig, 320gig HDD's in the ps3.  So in the "super"  it would be bigger and could possibly be faster then the normal ps4 one.  Again this is not changing anything that's not already happening.  I have upgraded to a 320gig 7200RPM HDD in my launch ps3 and I can load up GTA4 30secs faster then before and would be even faster if I had a good SSD that a few people already use.

USB ports-  would be nice to have at least 4 as I always have my keyboard plugged in, headset dock, some times playstation eye, my steering wheel, and a cord for charging the controller.   Card readers would be nice for use with cameras and such.

If anyone can't understand how this dose not affect game play between systems after reading this I don't know how else to explain it.

MVP
Message 8 of 13 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1394 posts

Aug 12, 2012

I forgot to add the extra cooling.  That is the main thing I'm wanting out of a super version is a cooling system in it that will make it last at LEAST 6 year under heavy use. 

so a minimum look at it that you can't argue against would be same CPU, same RAM,  bigger storage, extra cooling and I mean extra cooling that with out a doubt the system will last 6 years under heavy use,  possibly things like more USB ports and other non important stuff.

MVP
Message 9 of 13 (71 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

Aug 12, 2012

The argument you can formulate "against" your so-called Super PS4 is that it would be far to expensive to produce and again, wouldn't provide the type of consistencey to all users. What you want sounds like what the enthusiasts call a high end "PC gaming rig". It would be far too expensive, and sell to far too few people to be profitable, and building it sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Sorry, I just don't see it happening. 

Message 10 of 13 (65 Views)
0 Likes