Nov 29 2013
By: Paranimal86 Lombax Warrior 84 posts

EVERYONE REMAIN CALM! PSN network Issues.

10 replies 370 views Edited Nov 29, 2013

So I just got my PS4 last night at the midnight black friday gamesptop relaunch! Now of course there are some issues with the servers, but making rants on here doesnt resolve the problem.  Now I will say PSN network having issues at a ever so important launch is a very Sony thing to happen.

Im jumping back to the Playstation brand for the first time since the original Xbox Launched.  This network is not brand new but is still in its development stages,  where as Xbox Live is very mature and smooth  experience.  XBL is superior for now but it isnt too far ahead of the PSN.

That being said Sony needs to really move along with PSN and get to a point where it isnt such a hassle and unreliable, especially for people like me who spent the last 10 years on XBL!  Now I am a patient person but I expect within a few months a big imporvement over the current state of things,  also Id expect within a year a slighty better UI for jumping in and out of games with your friends.

Message 1 of 11 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
840 posts

Re: EVERYONE REMAIN CALM! PSN network Issues.

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

XBL is no longer ahead of PSN

What complimentary games does XBL give you monthly with your service? Or what discounts does XBL give you compared to PSN? Psn is now ahead of XBL. Also the UI is smooth and perfect why is it difficult for some? 

PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
LET'S GO NEW YORK RANGERS!
Playstation - Playstation 2 - Playstation 3 - PlayStation 4
Keep the tradition going Sony!
Message 2 of 11 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

MikeyBoy02NY02 wrote:

What complimentary games does XBL give you monthly with your service? Or what discounts does XBL give you compared to PSN? Psn is now ahead of XBL. Also the UI is smooth and perfect why is it difficult for some? 

Im not speaking about the free games PSN gives out, they do that in order to make up for the PSN shortcomings.  For example network reliability and accessibility.   These are a few things sony will address in time, also the UI on XBL is still better than PSN... Overall the PS4 is superior console but XBL is a superior experience, which in time I expect PSN to match XBL 

Message 3 of 11 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
840 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

Paranimal86 wrote:

MikeyBoy02NY02 wrote:

Im not speaking about the free games PSN gives out, they do that in order to make up for the PSN shortcomings.  For example network reliability and accessibility.   These are alll things sony will in time address, or I expect to be addressed, also the UI on XBL is still better than PSN... Overall the PS4 is superior console but XBL is a superior experience, which in time I expect PSN to match XBL 

That's your opinion. The UI on the Xbox look slike cluttered boxes. Horrible set up. PSN definitely improved over the XBL. 

PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
LET'S GO NEW YORK RANGERS!
Playstation - Playstation 2 - Playstation 3 - PlayStation 4
Keep the tradition going Sony!
Message 4 of 11 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Nov 29, 2013
I'm not talking about the home screen, I'm referring to the ease of hitting the xbox button and getting to ur friends list and jumping in a match... It's just not as nice and easy... It's not bad on PSN just not polished like XBL
Message 5 of 11 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Nov 29, 2013
The reason you think the XBL interface is better is because, like you said, you spent 10 years or whatever on Xbox. Get a Sony player to go over to Xbox one and guaranteed they will complain that Sony has a better UI too. I switched over to Xbox in 2011 from ps3 and neither UI is better, it's a personal preference and I prefer Sony's.

As far as network reliability, does nobody realize that PS4 just released in Europe today? As well as it being black Friday, that is a looot of people to be signing in at once/downloading from PS Store. I've had mine for over a week and never had ANY issues until today and I used my logical thinking to realize why it happened.
Message 6 of 11 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

Xbox live doesn't go offline constantly. PSN...Pay now, play later.

Message 7 of 11 (231 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Nov 29, 2013
Xbox live has also had a paid service for years to put money into their online service where as PS just started charging this year. The self entitlement of people these days is sad, no one uses logic or has patience.
Message 8 of 11 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Prolific-JaY wrote:
Xbox live has also had a paid service for years to put money into their online service where as PS just started charging this year. The self entitlement of people these days is sad, no one uses logic or has patience.

Exactly, PSN just started charging for their service, so in the near future I really beleave the network will become more reliable and smooth much like XBL. People are little crazy over the network being down for a few hours

Message 9 of 11 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 29, 2013
So if I pay for it, I should be ok with it not working. Just don't get that logic. If free I wouldn't care at all. But if I pay for it, then it is a different thing to me.
Message 10 of 11 (133 Views)