Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Offline
3457 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 9, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Sixth Axis Report

 

According to the Sixth Axis, EU PS+ will be receiving ICO/SotC Colleciton, Demon Souls and more unannounced games.

 

My quip now is: With the dwindling number of quality games I LIKE and actually play i am becoming more inclined to sell all of my hard disc games when i know for a fact US PS+ IGC will be receiving the same games, sooner or later.

 

Soon to be expected on US PS+ IGC are:

 

Okami HD,

ICO/SotC,

Batman: AC,

Red Dead,

etc.

 

I own 2 of these listed and am now going to sell these 2 since we will eventually get these added to our IGC.

 

Any thoughts?

 

I forsee a HUGE decline in hard disc purchases since PS+ practically "gives" these "free" games away. 

 

Is it only me who thinks this, or do any of you agree/disagree with the PS+ IGC content qualities?

 

P.S.   Ever since the IGC implementation last year the quality of sales and quality of "free" IGC content has become utter garbage, IMO. IMO, Sony should do away with the IGC and just give us PAYING subscribers 75-95% discounts on games rather than "give" us these terrible $10 PSN games 2-5 years old.

 

P.P.S. GIVE US LAST GUARDIAN ALREADY!


What i would like to know is why eu gets all the aaa tittle games for ps+ And we get shafted with mostly baby games?

It's kind of unfair i think..

The eu ps+ gets favortism due to most games being developed there....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 11 of 18 (401 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15957 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 9, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

@snake: The game devs have no say in the price of the product they make, in the end it's Sony. The game dev only makes profit from sales for the first 2 weeks after release, everything else goes to Sony and eveyone else (i.e. publishers, devs, manuf, etc.)


Ummm What?

 

Prove it.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 12 of 18 (390 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/06/2011
Offline
232 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 9, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

@snake: The game devs have no say in the price of the product they make, in the end it's Sony. The game dev only makes profit from sales for the first 2 weeks after release, everything else goes to Sony and eveyone else (i.e. publishers, devs, manuf, etc.)


Ummm What?

 

Prove it.


Prove me wrong.

Message 13 of 18 (389 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/30/2006
Offline
7184 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 9, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

@snake: The game devs have no say in the price of the product they make, in the end it's Sony. The game dev only makes profit from sales for the first 2 weeks after release, everything else goes to Sony and eveyone else (i.e. publishers, devs, manuf, etc.)


Ummm What?

 

Prove it.


Prove me wrong.


From what I've heard (from Zen Studios community manager herself), it takes a LOT of money to put stuff on the PS Store. Even if it's just an update, it can cost quite a hefty amount ($10k). It only makes sense to make some profit after paying a huge price just to put it up in the store. 

Message 14 of 18 (386 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/13/2009
Online
580 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 9, 2013
Lol. That's your response? Prove me wrong? When you come on here spewing "facts," it's better to show proof when someone asks for it. Not going with the easy excuse of "prove me wrong." Also, it's a little hard to take you seriously when you contradict yourself in one sentence. First you say the devs only get money from the first two weeks; then you say part of the money goes to the devs after that. Which is it?

 

Message 15 of 18 (378 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/06/2011
Offline
232 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

@snake: Why does my Quote tab not work properly? Anyway, can you ask your contact at Zen studios if that's Sony or Microsoft. What i heard is that microsoft charges an **bleep** load for updates (i.e. Fez).

 

@boarder: Settle down kid. You tell me to prove what i say correct but i don't have to. Since you're so worried about it and cry over spilt milk like this then why don't you go do the research. It doesn't matter to me one way or another whether I'm wrong or correct. What's important is the ignorance of the immature internet users like you who troll just to rile up other users. Please, do everyone the favor and prove me wrong, stop trolling, and have a nice day.

Message 16 of 18 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
125 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 9, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:
@boarder: Settle down kid. You tell me to prove what i say correct but i don't have to. Since you're so worried about it and cry over spilt milk like this then why don't you go do the research. It doesn't matter to me one way or another whether I'm wrong or correct. What's important is the ignorance of the immature internet users like you who troll just to rile up other users. Please, do everyone the favor and prove me wrong, stop trolling, and have a nice day.

You do realize you presented something as fact without the tiniest bit of evidence, and then when called out on it, you doubled back to call that person a "troll". Do you even know what a troll is? "We" don't have to go do any research because "you" are the one with the questionable "fact"

 

Ugh, this isn't a good start to the day

 

And as for the original post, you are off your rocker. Yes, its debateable that the quality of the IGC has gotten worse from last June to now, but its still more than $200 worth of games offered for the price of $50 ($71.96 if you stuck to 3 month plans), not counting the plus discount on purchases. Overall, its still best in its class. If you want to go sell your discs because you are hoping the titles will come to the IGC, then go ahead, not my loss. 75-95% discounts for the ~$50-72 you paid? You sir are living in a dream land.

Message 17 of 18 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/13/2009
Online
580 posts
 

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 9, 2013
You are one funny guy. Notice I'm laughing, not crying. As per the topic at hand, I would gladly take any of the supposedly upcoming free games you listed. They all look like great games. It doesn't matter to me that EU already got them. Also, the decline of hard copy games has a lot more to do with the ease of downloading titles and the lower expenses to the game-makers. The igc is not really a major factor.

 

Message 18 of 18 (346 Views)
Reply
0 Likes