Feb 27 2012
By: H8_is_Bad Wastelander 700 posts

EDIT: This issue is now resolved.

15 replies 15 views Edited Feb 27, 2012

EDIT: Thanks for all the fast replies all! Seems like this issue is resolved. Shout out to everyone that got this settled out!

H8_is_Bad
Message 9 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Re: If you thought online pass was bad have a look at this! (Pic inside) No trophies for used vita games??

Feb 27, 2012

Ouch...that bites. Meh, may as well buy all digital at this point. As soon as retailers find out about this the used Vita game prices are going to drop through the floor.

Message 1 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Re: If you thought online pass was bad have a look at this! (Pic inside) No trophies for used vita games??

Feb 27, 2012

I think that is fake.  My daughter and I both have Vitas and we have both earn trophies using the same game cards.

Message 2 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 27, 2012

That is good to hear, it looks fake, the text just does not seem to be sony if you know what I mean, it is not there writing I have had playstation for almost a decade now that is not them.

Message 3 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Feb 27, 2012

@jlslippers

Cool! but maybe that message is for select vita titles? IDK if it's fake or not but retailers are getting hit hard to thwart used game sales first the online pass now trophies.. i hope that picture is fake.. depriving gamers of features just for buying used games seems too harsh it's not good for the industry also.

H8_is_Bad
Message 4 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Feb 27, 2012

its not fake, but its not a scary as it looks all you have to do for games that enforce this is this:

"In order to earn Trophies in a pre-owned Vita game, all you need to do is delete ALL of its data, thus making it factory fresh once more."

thats it. all done enjoy your trophies.

it is like this so users cannot just rent or use another persons games and get credit for all the trophies that they have earned.

Message 5 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 27, 2012

H8_is_Bad wrote:

This is not my picture i found it somewhere. But can anyone confirm if this is the case with every used vita game or just a select few? Either this sucks guess i'm not buying used vita games i love earning trophies..

No trophies for used vita games.jpg

H8_is_Bad

Should of done a search on the forums before you posted this.. OLD news, and there's a way to fix it as well.  This has been discussed already.

Message 6 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I don't know if that is necessary, we just swapped the game card back and forth.

Message 7 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Feb 27, 2012

SteveO1966 wrote:

H8_is_Bad wrote:

This is not my picture i found it somewhere. But can anyone confirm if this is the case with every used vita game or just a select few? Either this sucks guess i'm not buying used vita games i love earning trophies..

No trophies for used vita games.jpg

H8_is_Bad

Should of done a search on the forums before you posted this.. OLD news, and there's a way to fix it as well.  This has been discussed already.

I couldn't agree more.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 8 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Feb 27, 2012

It's not really offensive (in my thoughts), it's more like "annoying". Think of it as when a person keeps telling you the same thing over and over.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 10 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes