Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
556 posts

Re: EA won t give any support on Madden for Vita, Sony got to do something now !!!

Sep 13, 2012

after the demo im not sure why anyone would buy it

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 35 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Re: EA won t give any support on Madden for Vita, Sony got to do something now !!!

Sep 13, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:
Which is why I don't buy sports games.

(OMG this game you get to pass balls around!!!1)

Sports games aren't all bad. FIFA 12 allows you to play with 21 other players on the field at the same time. Hot Shots Golf is a simple, yet deep game in terms of rewards. Gran Turismo boasts some of the best visuals on the PS3. Heck, even NCAA throws you in a realistic college atmosphere, pumping you up with your schools real fight songs and mascots. Though I'm sure it's different if you've never been to a university, aren't athletic, or don't give two ****s about sports.

And while we can bash sports games for being mostly just a roster update year after year, I would indeed take the next installment in MLB The Show or NCAA over Final Fantasy 13-3 or Call of Duty.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 35 (244 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Sep 13, 2012
^^^^i like this, most ppl who bash sport games have no type of experience playing a sport or even being in the atmosphere besides PE or recess growing up, they will never understand or appreciate sport games , I still buy madden every year no matter how bad the review, I just like competing against CPU or online and enjoy roster updates every year and now even more since EA updates those rosters every week during regular season
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 35 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2462 posts

Sep 13, 2012
I'm of the type who hate sport games because I find sports as a whole boring, however, I absolutely understand what Tim81DE says, I've seen my coworkers playing 2 vs 2 matches of Pro Evolution Soccer 2k12 and they have a blast~.

I can't imagine realistic sport games are fun as a single player experience (for long at least) but I can see the potential in multiplayer modes~.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 35 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2284 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Dopleganger is an idiot, in FPS all do you is shoot things over and over, you can say that about any game. sports games can be great fun with feriends and controlling a franchise and playing a game that closely mimics a sport can be very engrossing. Spoken like a true moron.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 35 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Angel_mass wrote:

At this point is basically nothing else but a rumor. No need to panic here.

This is not rumor, EA's Tiburon didn t make this game, and HB Studios have never patched any of their games (since none of them were on system that allow patching).

I got my info from a Tiburon dev, he said HB Studio code is so poor, that it will be faster to rewrite the whole thing for Madden 14.

Like someone said earlier, Madden 13 was an expirement on VITA, but what was the point of this experiement ?

Checking if a loosy studios can make a good game on a system they don t know well ?

Checking if a low production game with top licensing will sell well ?

Well the results were obvious, there is no way such a small studios can master a plateform like the PSVita on their 1st game.

And if you want to sell a low quality game with everyone fav license, don t make a demo for it (demo that was pulled recently from the PSN)

To me Sony gave subvention (read $$$) to EA so they make a Madden on Vita and make a bundle of it, because yes Madden on the go is everyone dream and it will help Vita sells in USA, but EA didn't want to invest too much on a new plateform with a low fan base, so they outsource the developement to a cheap studios, they produce a cheap game, and a cheap demo, so anyone having a Vita won t buy the game, reviewers worldwide say how cheap(bad) the game is, the game have low sells, same for the bundle.

At the end Sony is loosing time (waiting for a better Madden next year) money (marketing and stuff)  and image because people will say that this madden lagg so much because of the VITA hardware.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 35 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Sep 13, 2012
^ This man is correct. Same thing happened to Resistance and will likely happen to COD. I wasn't too much into the PSP, did the same thing happen where big money titles were made by crap studios and the image was tarnished?
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 35 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Yeah, it s rally a shame when famous dev/publishers outsource some of their precious licence, just to make more money without spending too much.

Just found that nowhere in the game there s a mention of HB Studios being the developers of this game ?

EA is trying to sell like they developped it.

For Sony it s really a hard hit because a good Madden on Vita could really have helped the sales.

For the NFL I hope they start to understand that signing with EA was really a bad move, EA bought the NFL licencse with big money, but this deal should not allow them to outsource game developpement to small independant studios.

Owning what may be the most important licence in sport gaming history is a source of high money income for EA, but they are also responsible of developing & publishing quality games with this licence, sure sometimes it s kind of a burden to developp a game for a dying console (PS2/PSP/Wii) or a new one (3DS/VITA), but they have to take it themselves and not use outsourcing when they don t feel it, it s a full package if you accept the big money income from PS3/Xbox360 you have to accept the fact that you have to developp the game on all system (hello PC & 3DS) even the one that don t matter (PS2/PSP/WII/VITA). because if EA won't do it, nobody can due to this exclusivity.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 35 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Still no update for the psvita.

No roster uodate

No Madden Moments

No Tilte Update

Thank you EA !!!

And big thump down to Sony for not being able to make EA's people move.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 35 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I thought they would update as well. It is too bad really. I still like the ability to draw routes though.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 35 (115 Views)
0 Likes