Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2013
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

I think it's sad that EA has this to begin with. If someone can't play the game without buying these dumb things, then that person shouldn't be playing the game at all. It's just another way for EA to make money and exploit the customers.

“To the strongest!”


I shall return soon...
Message 41 of 53 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/19/2003
Offline
14193 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

waynefiend wrote:
Like others have said you can't buy skill. Give me the first gun in any of the 4 classes and I will **bleep** on 3/4 of whatever lobby I'm playing in. Its as simple as that.

The problem here is there's too much arrogance from gamers for them to fully grasp the problem with this business model. I mean gamers are quick to just run to the "if you complain about something you must just suck at it" line for everything. This has nothing to do with skill or lack thereof or whether people can buy things to make them better. It has nothing to do with pretentious people on forums who all brag that they have 1,000 to 1 kill/death ratios when they're just average players. It's about where the industry is trying to go with this and how some people with an intelligent thought process see it and are trying to **bleep** it in the bud while it's in its infancy with minor affect on the game before it expands and has a major affect on the game cause that is where it will go.  If it gets to the level the corporate suits and investors want it to go then you can kiss consoles goodbye because people will leave and go back to playing free PC games if they're going to have to spend money on micro transactions anyways. Part of the allure of not playing free to play games is we mostly like to get a full game on day one that is uninterrupted with more depth then those kind of games and why we'd rather pay 60 bucks then games that have a free option. Remove that advantage that 60 dollars games have over free games and the death of consoles will quickly follow. So no matter how good you think you are, if you want to keep having console to play on and claim you are good at them you better start paying attention to what's going on with this industry.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 42 of 53 (110 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Offline
13101 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

Skruffpunk wrote:

I think it's sad that EA has this to begin with. If someone can't play the game without buying these dumb things, then that person shouldn't be playing the game at all. It's just another way for EA to make money and exploit the customers.


Because you're totally forced to buy these right? Because it takes millions of hours to unlock everything right? Gamers like to complain just because they can I don't see why I come here anymore. It's just bawing and Q_Q ing

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 43 of 53 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
4330 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

My only suggestion: better buy SP games without an online mode. Most of it would definitely turn into P2W game with the DLCs.


Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 44 of 53 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2013
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Skruffpunk wrote:

I think it's sad that EA has this to begin with. If someone can't play the game without buying these dumb things, then that person shouldn't be playing the game at all. It's just another way for EA to make money and exploit the customers.


Because you're totally forced to buy these right? Because it takes millions of hours to unlock everything right? Gamers like to complain just because they can I don't see why I come here anymore. It's just bawing and Q_Q ing


Who said I was complaining? I'm just pointing out that this is a bad idea.

“To the strongest!”


I shall return soon...
Message 45 of 53 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2013
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

This article sheds a light on microtransactions and how it may be doing more to hurt video games instead of helping:

 

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/does-anybody-really-like-microtransactions

 

“To the strongest!”


I shall return soon...
Message 46 of 53 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

waynefiend wrote:
Like others have said you can't buy skill. Give me the first gun in any of the 4 classes and I will **bleep** on 3/4 of whatever lobby I'm playing in. Its as simple as that.

The problem here is there's too much arrogance from gamers for them to fully grasp the problem with this business model. I mean gamers are quick to just run to the "if you complain about something you must just suck at it" line for everything. This has nothing to do with skill or lack thereof or whether people can buy things to make them better. It has nothing to do with pretentious people on forums who all brag that they have 1,000 to 1 kill/death ratios when they're just average players. It's about where the industry is trying to go with this and how some people with an intelligent thought process see it and are trying to **bleep** it in the bud while it's in its infancy with minor affect on the game before it expands and has a major affect on the game cause that is where it will go.  If it gets to the level the corporate suits and investors want it to go then you can kiss consoles goodbye because people will leave and go back to playing free PC games if they're going to have to spend money on micro transactions anyways. Part of the allure of not playing free to play games is we mostly like to get a full game on day one that is uninterrupted with more depth then those kind of games and why we'd rather pay 60 bucks then games that have a free option. Remove that advantage that 60 dollars games have over free games and the death of consoles will quickly follow. So no matter how good you think you are, if you want to keep having console to play on and claim you are good at them you better start paying attention to what's going on with this industry.


1. It's not in its infancy. Games have had boots you can buy for years.

2. FTP wouldnt kill consoles, they would just put them on consoles as well (dur)

3. It IS about skill, because this complaint is born out of "But Why are they getting BETTER stuff" when the fact is, all the unlocks aren't "BETTER" they are just different to fit different play styles.

4. There is no lying about BF4 stats. Citing ones KDR is just as pretentious as looking down your nose at people you think don't understand whats going on, when in reality I along with most of the people here, have an understanding of the past, and realize this has been around a while, and isn't THAT big of a deal.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 47 of 53 (86 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Offline
10134 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014
@Skruffpunk

The way Microsoft handles things like Microtransactions is one of the biggest reasons I will not buy an Xbox One. It's funny that in that article, Phil Spencer says they are still learning. I guess Christa Charter knew exactly what she was talking about when she said she left Xbox because all M$ kept doing was bringing in middle managers from other divisions with no gaming experience and no desire to learn.

In the beginning, that platform was awesome. Content was almost always free and the stuff that wasn't, was free eventually. Then came the 360 where them and Bethseda tested the waters with Horse Armor. It all went down hill from there, pissing off even developers like Epic and Valve who have always felt that map packs should be for appreciation and free of charge. While they wanted their content to be free? M$ wouldn't allow this.

My last Forza game was Forza 4 and unfortunately the game was nothing more then Forza 3 with a Kinect head tracking feature that did nothing for gameplay and multiple car packs being held at random even though some of these cars were already in Forza 3 and on your disc. Now not only was there a Season Pass for like $30 but also an expensive VIP pass, Porche pack, etc. All the season pass did was give you some content, while still making you purchase others.

Even Halo 4 started seeing new packs on top of the money I had already paid for the so called Season Pass. Shopping on M$'s platform reminds me a lot of spending money at a carnival. So far, first party Sony doesn't seem that bad. Still a little overpriced but not nearly as bad as first party Xbox games.

Now I have no problem with premium DLC. But only if the content is worth the same kind of value of what you would pay for retail content. We have not really seen that and EA and Microsoft are by far the worst.
Message 48 of 53 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2013
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@Skruffpunk

The way Microsoft handles things like Microtransactions is one of the biggest reasons I will not buy an Xbox One. It's funny that in that article, Phil Spencer says they are still learning. I guess Christa Charter knew exactly what she was talking about when she said she left Xbox because all M$ kept doing was bringing in middle managers from other divisions with no gaming experience and no desire to learn.

In the beginning, that platform was awesome. Content was almost always free and the stuff that wasn't, was free eventually. Then came the 360 where them and Bethseda tested the waters with Horse Armor. It all went down hill from there, pissing off even developers like Epic and Valve who have always felt that map packs should be for appreciation and free of charge. While they wanted their content to be free? M$ wouldn't allow this.

My last Forza game was Forza 4 and unfortunately the game was nothing more then Forza 3 with a Kinect head tracking feature that did nothing for gameplay and multiple car packs being held at random even though some of these cars were already in Forza 3 and on your disc. Now not only was there a Season Pass for like $30 but also an expensive VIP pass, Porche pack, etc. All the season pass did was give you some content, while still making you purchase others.

Even Halo 4 started seeing new packs on top of the money I had already paid for the so called Season Pass. Shopping on M$'s platform reminds me a lot of spending money at a carnival. So far, first party Sony doesn't seem that bad. Still a little overpriced but not nearly as bad as first party Xbox games.

Now I have no problem with premium DLC. But only if the content is worth the same kind of value of what you would pay for retail content. We have not really seen that and EA and Microsoft are by far the worst.

The problem I have with it is that some games literally force DLC down our throats. Some people would rather just play the game rather than be bombarded with reminders to buy DLC. I've got no problems with DLC in general, it just bothers me that some games require it in order to beat the game.

“To the strongest!”


I shall return soon...
Message 49 of 53 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2374 posts
 

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Apr 1, 2014

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

waynefiend wrote:
Like others have said you can't buy skill. Give me the first gun in any of the 4 classes and I will **bleep** on 3/4 of whatever lobby I'm playing in. Its as simple as that.

The problem here is there's too much arrogance from gamers for them to fully grasp the problem with this business model. I mean gamers are quick to just run to the "if you complain about something you must just suck at it" line for everything. This has nothing to do with skill or lack thereof or whether people can buy things to make them better. It has nothing to do with pretentious people on forums who all brag that they have 1,000 to 1 kill/death ratios when they're just average players. It's about where the industry is trying to go with this and how some people with an intelligent thought process see it and are trying to **bleep** it in the bud while it's in its infancy with minor affect on the game before it expands and has a major affect on the game cause that is where it will go.  If it gets to the level the corporate suits and investors want it to go then you can kiss consoles goodbye because people will leave and go back to playing free PC games if they're going to have to spend money on micro transactions anyways. Part of the allure of not playing free to play games is we mostly like to get a full game on day one that is uninterrupted with more depth then those kind of games and why we'd rather pay 60 bucks then games that have a free option. Remove that advantage that 60 dollars games have over free games and the death of consoles will quickly follow. So no matter how good you think you are, if you want to keep having console to play on and claim you are good at them you better start paying attention to what's going on with this industry.


Yes, but the problem with your argument is that the micro-transactions for the $60 game are optional. Also, F2p games also have optional micro-transactions. Now, if the $60 games and F2P required micro-transactions, then yes I would have a problem. At the moment they do not and those that games that have required it are no longer popular. It has lead to the death of the game/franchise not the system.

Message 50 of 53 (73 Views)