Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Re: EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

Mar 31, 2014

Rockatron2000 wrote:

apparently you want some attention - 

1. I do not buy dlc's never have never will - BF4's dlc is probably one of the worst too - dlc should only come from a game that has earned the right to do so and BF4 did not - BF4 only has dlc because the content was deliberately held from the original game at launch so they can charge people extra $$$ - DLC should come to the games that are so good that people are calling for an encoure - Bf4's broken 64 player conquest is a deal breaker for any kind of encore.

(THANKS EA)

Yes I said I would sell my ps4 tommorrow - that was just to show how fast I will abandond ship the minute I deem the ps4 as another cash grab machine. I have one of those already it's a pc - and while it is today a cash grab machine, the pc is still the superior gaming device, which means I would have no use for the ps4. The ps4 lifeline is the regulation sony has over what is made available and at what cost - what I am seeing from EA and BF4 is strike 1, Destiny and The Division are the next two pitches I swing at, and I am swinging, hit or miss we will see. 

(again, You're selling ur PS4 because of EA might cause every publisher/developer to bringMicrotransacions to their games? again as explain in my other posts.  I just find that stupid) (but remember, PC/Mac/Linux already become a cash-grab Operation System) (same for Steam and Origin)

Tell the publishers not to do cash shops is liking pissing in the wind... they are controlled by investors. Those investors only want to know how much did they make on investment, they don't care after that.

(warn them by yourself or maybe others might do and they might be lucky to listen to your feedback)

Unless you are a game developer or an investor, you really should be favoring consumers a little more. Unfortunately, gamers see the light at the end of the tunnel but ignore the pit of venomous snakes between them and the light, inevitabliy they fall right in. That's the cultural shift I'm seeing more and more as less people are concerned with details and more concerned with give it to me now.

(Indie Devs' take some notes)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 21 of 53 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Really? People are considering fast-unlock DLC as "pay to win"? That, in a way, doesn't make sense. If it were "pay-to-win" then you would have to buy the thing to own it, but you can unlock it without paying! I got here cuz my cousin started bashing BF4 for beign P2W. Honestly I agree with what that guy with the black box background is saying. This has been here since Bad Company 2 and in reality it hasn't changed the game. What if people do get all their unlocks in a snap. They lack all the experience. Plus, there are other dedicated players that probably unlock everything in a game within hours of playing it. Maybe I'm missing something, but for now I think that this is nothing compared to what is seen on PC. I've played Battlefield Play 4 Free and there it does show-- it does affect the game. I don't buy anything since I'm not dedicated to PC gaming, but I do see other people with guns that destroy me. And how did they get them? By paying.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 22 of 53 (168 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Mar 31, 2014

I agree completely with the op, and I am hoping games do not take a turn for the worst and expect more money just to stay competitive.  I am glad you brought this to my attention, so i can properly research aspects of some games before buying them.  It is ok for personalization but to pay to give unfair advantages is not a good way for playstation to go.  I will avoid these games as well.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 23 of 53 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2567 posts

Mar 31, 2014
Consider upgrading weapons a part of the game you didn't finish.
I hate finishing games... that means its all over.
Message 24 of 53 (160 Views)
Fender Bender
4066 posts

Mar 31, 2014
I dont like pay2win either, and that isn't what that is. Those are shortcuts, pay2not-have-to-play-a-lot. If they can get some sucker to spend money to unlock guns you'd eventually get to by playing the game you paid to play, then go ahead and do it.
Servo Antidae Fossor
Message 25 of 53 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Mar 31, 2014

People that think this way should have looked at the expansion packs rather than the quick-unlock DLCs. There are guns you can only get through those expansion pack, AND STILL the guns you get from them are not more powerfull than the original ones. They have done a great job with BF4 (other than the single player), and that's why I keep supporting them.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 26 of 53 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 31, 2014

peckdogg68 wrote:

I agree completely with the op, and I am hoping games do not take a turn for the worst and expect more money just to stay competitive.  I am glad you brought this to my attention, so i can properly research aspects of some games before buying them.  It is ok for personalization but to pay to give unfair advantages is not a good way for playstation to go.  I will avoid these games as well.

You might want to do MORE research, because it isn't an unfair advantage at this point.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 27 of 53 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

As a Veteran of the Battlefield games. (From 1942) I can honestly say that these "shortcuts" are not pay to win microtransactions.

First of all, the shortcuts do not make you a better player. I can outgun any low level that decided to buy these shortcuts. Secondly, the weapons and attachments in the game are all similar. This means that even if you buy a shortcut, all the weapons are still in the same range as the startup weapons. This game has made no effort to make the games operate differently from their counterparts. Thirdly, the 'best' weapons in the game are either startup weapons or unlock after a round or two of any match. Fourthly, it's super easy to unlock most of the weapons and unlocks for weapons and vehicles by yourself. There are bonus xp weekends, bonus XP perks, and maps that specialize to either infantry or vehicles to easily unlock what you are looking for. And Finally, these shorcuts are meant for the lazy, they do not unlock any one-hit kill laser firing rocketlauncher with dubstep and insta-win buttons. They just unlock what you don't feel like leveling up or using.

Message 28 of 53 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: EA - cash grabbing and pay to win - bf4 microtransacttions are a heart breaker

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

I am Setzaroth on this one. I do not think there are any "pay-to-win" options in BF4. The shortcuts only allow you to unlock things instantly. After playing for a couple of months (maybe even less) you can unlock all of those things in the shortcuts if you really wanted to. Like theJLC just said, it's more of "pay for the lazy."

Message 29 of 53 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: EA - cash grabbing and pay to win - bf4 microtransacttions are a heart breaker

Mar 31, 2014

Unclear_Motive wrote:

I am Setzaroth on this one. I do not think there are any "pay-to-win" options in BF4. The shortcuts only allow you to unlock things instantly. After playing for a couple of months (maybe even less) you can unlock all of those things in the shortcuts if you really wanted to. Like theJLC just said, it's more of "pay for the lazy."

YOU'RE NOT ME! YOU COULDN'T HANDLE BEING ME!....lol Smiley Wink

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 30 of 53 (115 Views)
0 Likes