Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 30 2014
By: Rockatron2000 First Son 9 posts

EA's "pay-to-win" BF4 microtransactions are a heart breaker

[ Edited ]
52 replies 453 views Edited Mar 31, 2014

I just noticed in the playstation store all the microtransactions EA has out for BF4. I found it very disheartening. It's another form of pay to win. Needless to say I have sold my copy of BF4 already and won't purchase anymore EA games.

Please keep pay to win off my console. I like my ps4 but I will sell it tommorrow just as easy if it turns into a microtransaction infested money grabbing machine like pc gaming has become.

I am a pc gamer as well and I have to say the one thing I like about consoles over pc is the fact that microsoft and sony are regulating what's happening with respect to pricing. If you're both going to be cash grabbing pay to win machines, I will stick with my pc.

Please Sony and Microsoft - don't let your culture turn into a bunch of free to play garbage games and pay to win games that pc is turning into.

It's no surprise there is a big EA on the cover of BF4 - EA is pathetic - it's too bad too because when BF4 64 player works (it still has tons of issues) but when it works it can be alot of fun, but not when people just bought all of their aircraft, ar, grenades skills,... yada yada yada all while I grind out my aircraft skills against people who payed for heat seekers, and extra armor, and better guns...... I won't play that game and that is what BF4 is right now. - very sad state

I don't like the option to buy extra slots in COD, but besides that I don't have a problem with camo skins they have, if people want to personalize that's fine, but the minute you alter gameplay as much as EA does, that's the minute it become a greedy cash grab pay to win game.

I really hope the division and destiny are not pay to win games as well - if so, please ps me if you interested in a PS4 I will not need two pay to win cash shop machines. 

Mod Edit: Edited title from "EA - cash grabbing and pay to win - bf4 microtransacttions are a heart breaker" for speling and clarity. -and changed label to Debate and Opinion - TheTwistedCanuck

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 53 (453 Views)
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Re: EA - cash grabbing and pay to win - bf4 microtransacttions are a heart breaker

Mar 30, 2014

the only thing that bothers me in BF4 is the f***ing auto aim in hardcore mode

havent touched the game when i found that out like 2 months ago, and have no intention of going back until they turn that s**t off

and i probably wont get any BF games in the future if they always allow auto aim in hardcore

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 53 (448 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Re: EA - cash grabbing and pay to win - bf4 microtransacttions are a heart breaker

Mar 30, 2014

Good for you im done with BF4 also if i didnt already spend money in a couple dlc's i would probably sell it also .  the succsess of BFBC2 and BF3 went to Dice's head and now they turned into activision Money money money.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 53 (443 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

aside from the cash grabbing, the 64 player conquest was always rough, about 50% of the time I would get into a plane or chopper, the game would stutter bad. 64 player is the main event and to still have those kind of performance issues considering launch was back in November is unacceptable.

They blamed Sony for those problems, then they blamed microsoft too, and who are they going to blame for pc issues?

They need to look in the mirror it's not Sony's fault the game peformance in 64 player is 50/50 - it's EA's

It wasn't my internet connection either, team deathmatch operated just fine, but 64 player was broken. So we had a bunch of DLC's and a ton of microtransactions and the 64 player is broken? How do you justify DLC when your main game is not working like a fine tuned machine? and microtrans EA you can shove those up your **bleep** right beside your head!!! 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 53 (432 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14417 posts

Mar 31, 2014
What "pay to win" is there? Other than the shortcuts (which don't grant much of an advantage)
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 53 (431 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 31, 2014

the shortcuts are pay to win - you have got to **bleep** those in the butt today early on before all the other games decide to try and pull this crap too.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 53 (424 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14417 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Rockatron2000 wrote:

the shortcuts are pay to win - you have got to **bleep** those in the butt today early on before all the other games decide to try and pull this crap too.

You're putting WAY too much stock in the "power" of the unlockable weapons. They aren't that great. I used the default ones for a long time.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 53 (419 Views)
Survivor
2463 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Chipz_and_Cola wrote:

the only thing that bothers me in BF4 is the f***ing auto aim in hardcore mode

havent touched the game when i found that out like 2 months ago, and have no intention of going back until they turn that s**t off

and i probably wont get any BF games in the future if they always allow auto aim in hardcore

It's a shooter on a console so there's going to be some form of aim-assist. Here's the catch though you can actually turn aim-assist off yourself.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 53 (418 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Abosolutely not - how much stock do you put into the high end vehicle upgrades? That's a major game changer, personal weapons still have an impact but not like the fighter jets, tanks, helicopters that take forever to level and have better armor and weapons.

I don't mind grinding out for my weapons, but I don't want to grind out against joe millionair schmo who just bought all his weapon upgrades - screw that

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 53 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9576 posts

Mar 31, 2014
Sounds like you're a scrub. Blaming something like shortcuts for losing. Shortcuts don't do jack **bleep** in this game considering the fact its extremely easy to unlock **bleep**
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 53 (396 Views)