Apr 01 2014
By: fastpacedaction Hekseville Citizen 259 posts

EA might be one of the worst companies in America

[ Edited ]
19 replies 268 views Edited Apr 1, 2014

Let's face it. EA are bad, real bad. They continue to put out games that either don't work or have so many bugs and issues that it's nearly impossible to play the games as they were intended to be played.

BF4 - Haven't played it, but why would I? It was absolute trash at launch and you can't deny that. EA are allowed to release games that just don't work? Where's the quality control? It shouldn't take weeks or months to iron out all the problems because you rushed a game at release.

NBA Live 14 - Holy cow, even for EA this is a crazy, massive failure. If a dud doesn't show you how horrible this company is, I don't know what would. Looks like a PS3 game, plays like a poorly designed PS2 title. Releasing this game is pretty much admitting that you've lost the ability to create something special or just don't care about your products. Money is more important than giving customers a great game.

Madden - Not horrible but also not a big enough improvement from years past. NG looks better graphically but plays too similarly too CG. I'm not impressed.

FIFA 14 - Probably the worst game I've played on PS4. It was so hyped up by EA that once you play it, it's so underwhelming that it barely even feels like the sport it's trying to replicate. Don't get me wrong, it's better than Live, but we all knew that game was going to flop. The CG version of Fifa 14 isn't great yet somehow EA made NG worse. I don't even know how that's possible. Ignite engine needs to be scrapped.

Customer Service - If you've successfully received help from EA's CS then it's sort of like you won the lottery. If you get hacked, have corrupted squad files or lose tons of money due to an Ultimate Team market crash, you might just be simply out of luck. EA will probably just blame it on Sony and tell you to get lost.

Exploitation - Every game EA releases seems to have a fatal flaw, an exploitable tactic (which is unrealistic and defies physics and logic) that is really the only way players win games consistently. Sure, it's the communities fault for exploiting but what are all to do if everyone uses it. It becomes more of a competition for who can manipulate poorly designed nechanics of the game better.

All in all, we deserve better. But naive individuals will continually pump money into this company until it has so much funding it can just release an image of a screenshot and people will still pay. Let's make a statement.

If you enjoyed this thread, please post a link on FB or Twitter to get more exposure for these issues.

title edited for more clarity and grammar: For more information Please see Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Message 1 of 20 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: EA Almost Nab Third Consecutive "Worst Company In America" Award

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

I don't like EA but there are worse compaines. Such as banks and cable companies.

What is knowledge but chasing the wind?
Message 2 of 20 (261 Views)
MVP Support
12933 posts

Re: EA Almost Nab Third Consecutive "Worst Company In America" Award

Apr 1, 2014

Codmaul wrote:

Yes I don't like EA but there are worse compaines then they are. Such as banks and cable companies.

Yea in regard to how they treat their customers. EA would pale in comparison imo.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 3 of 20 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Re: EA might be one of the top Worst Companies In America

Apr 1, 2014
@Codmaul

The only thing that makes your cable company worse then EA is, EA hasn't figured out how to bleed you out of $150 a month yet. It they could though, they certainly would. While the money might not be the same, the intent certainly is. The company is the biggest plague in gaming right next to Microsoft.
Message 4 of 20 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@Codmaul

The only thing that makes your cable company worse then EA is, EA hasn't figured out how to bleed you out of $150 a month yet. It they could though, they certainly would. While the money might not be the same, the intent certainly is. The company is the biggest plague in gaming right next to Microsoft.

No, My ISP is the only ISP I can get that is not dial-up. Ea is not the only publisher I can buy games from. There's a huge difference.

I can choose not to buy EA games, I can't choose my high-speed ISP.

What is knowledge but chasing the wind?
Message 5 of 20 (233 Views)
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@Codmaul

What's wrong with Microsoft?

Message 6 of 20 (230 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28676 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

Look up Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Exxon Mobil, Haliburton, KBR, Bechtel, Blackwater Security, Pinkerton Security, Corizon, Geo Corp, Corrections Corporation of America, and Koch Industries, and if you still think Electronic Arts is the workst company in America, then I'm sorry but you have a VERY skewed sense of reality. 

Message 7 of 20 (226 Views)
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Simple way to protest:
Vote with your wallet.

If the games have flaws, list them down (youtube, blogs, EA forums, etc) in order to create awareness.

Update that list frequently.

Best way is to avoid buying games on release date. They are not cheaper on release day.

Reduce prices for digital edition of games permanently if it is older than 2 years.
Message 8 of 20 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Apr 1, 2014
@far-zan

Microsoft created this whole nickel & dime business model that EA takes full advantage of. When it comes to incomplete games, loaded with microtransactions even after your season pass, you have two publishers. EA and Microsoft. Activision is getting bad now as well however their not quite on the same level yet.
Message 9 of 20 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Apr 1, 2014
@Bowl10

Voting with your wallet does two things. Jack & **bleep**. People have fought the whole NFL license for years and it has never made a difference. If boycotting EA games was ever going to make a difference, it would have happened long ago.
Message 10 of 20 (204 Views)
0 Likes