Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Re: EA Next gen Games to cos $80?

Jul 17, 2013

waynefiend wrote:
The fact that it hasn't even been mentioned is a bit odd. Even if it is just a rumor as of now. I hope it is a rumor because I'm a fan of the bf series and was looking forward to bf4 but if the game is 80 I'm not too sure. Bf3 was 60 plus the premium membership was 50 with a total of 110. But if they do the same think like premium that would be 130 at least

. Don't get me wrong , I'll probably be picking up bf4 but I will think twice about when purchasing any games that do decide to hike up their prices due to the fact of dlc. I know I'll get my use out of bf4.
But I also play the NHL series from ea. And I think that will be the franchises that suffer the most.

Well unless you plan on waiting until a price drop. You can preorder it on Amazon in the US and get the price guarantee. That way you'll get it for the listed $60 if they raise it before launch.

Message 61 of 75 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I already pre-ordered @ GameStop. But the price guarantee on amazon just guarnatees you the lowest price. Amazon can't do nothing if the price increases.
Message 62 of 75 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I've been hearing this for weeks now.

I'll wait till it actually happens. Until then, I'm not going to get all wound-up about it.

But, I just can't see EA charging $80 for every single game they release.

Especially yearly sports titles. Do you think fans of Madden would actually be willing to spend $80 a year?

I know it has a huge fan base, but they wouldn't be making more money. They would probably make the same amount, if not less. -- due to the people who would wait to buy it used / after a price drop.

The only EA title I'm really looking forward to right now, is "EA Sports UFC." If that ends up costing $80 on PS4, I'd crap myself. Smiley Surprised

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 63 of 75 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I haven't played a madden game in about 4 years and never played an ea NBA game on current gen. But I do play the NHL series regularly. And I was thinking of purchasing NBA 14 and possibly the new madden for ps4. But if there is a hike in price I will just have to settle for NHL 15 next September. I'm not getting worked up about it all... I'm just stating that people will be hesitant to try out a new genre if they do raise the price. Basically both aides lose. The consumer might miss out on a food game and the manufacturer will lose potential customers.
Message 64 of 75 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jul 18, 2013

I haven't bought a (non motor) sports game since the 360 launched and that was Madden. I have no desire to buy a game that comes out yearly that could just be patched to give me a new roster.

If they don't use this great cloud I keep hearing about to do this, then I don't know what to think. I should be able to have every Steelers team roster and be able to play "What If" games. Now that is what they should do with cloud gaming. Every year for every sports teams roster should be in the cloud to use.

Message 65 of 75 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 18, 2013

won't happen

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 66 of 75 (126 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28691 posts

Jul 18, 2013

I wasted a minute of my life watching this video, and this guy who made it doesn't seem to understand that prices are REGIONALIZED!! Yes, if you got on a plane and walked into a HMV Store (do they still have them in the UK?), and bought a game for £54.99 it would equal $80 when you factor in the exchange rate, however the regionalized price in the US will most likely not be $80.

More of the "outraged gamer" card.

Message 67 of 75 (119 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Jul 18, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I wasted a minute of my life watching this video, and this guy who made it doesn't seem to understand that prices are REGIONALIZED!! Yes, if you got on a plane and walked into a HMV Store (do they still have them in the UK?), and bought a game for £54.99 it would equal $80 when you factor in the exchange rate, however the regionalized price in the US will most likely not be $80.

More of the "outraged gamer" card.

Yes we do still have HMV.

Message 68 of 75 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Jul 18, 2013

I was around for the NES Days... Yes, but as far as Sega goes, I didn't get into SEGA till after 

Genesis was already an oldie... I didn't care about anything else to do with SEGA, the Genesis was what I liked... 

I don't remember NES Prices being so high, but then again, I don't really remember, so I can't say for sure... 

My huge Point about everything is that Every Gen, the Prices on Games go up, & your shocked? 

Decent Games or Bad Games, it doesn't matter, they were over Priced at $60 on PS3, & again at $50 on the PS2... 

So whats so different about the PS4 being $80? Fact is, their over Priced, & we all knew it was comming... 

Your just POed, because you want more Games for less... Having Plus at $5 a Month isn't enough, 

you need Cheap Games, too? What Next, Gekai must be Free or else? 

When Sony said to give a better Gamming Experience, some things had to go, maybe it's time... 

We decide, is PS4 really what we want? Is it really for you? You can't always Win... 

There is always going to be an Arguement to discuss, if it's not one thing, it's another thing? 

Last thing is, if the Games really are $80, how do you know that won't mean cheaper DLC, or Free DLC, we haven't even seen 

Prices on that yet, & your already making Complaints... Not to mentioned, no one else gave out a Price yet, so how do you know other Developers won't be asking for more then $80? 

Before People start making Complaints, & take it the wrong way, maybe we should wait till we hear more Info, or even why the Price went up in the first Place... oO 

I mean, would you still be complaining about $80 Games, if the DLC was all Free, or even $100 Games, with Free DLC? 

I'm not saying the DLC will be Free, i'm just saying we still don't know anything... 

Lastly, most People spend more then $80 on a Game already anyways, you don't know it, because you don't add up all the DLC on top of your Game Prices... I'm pretty sure if your willing to pay $10 or even $5 for a single Character, that you can afford an $80 Game, oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 69 of 75 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jul 18, 2013

waynefiend wrote:
I already pre-ordered @ GameStop. But the price guarantee on amazon just guarnatees you the lowest price. Amazon can't do nothing if the price increases.

If you preorder the game on amazon at $60 then you pay that 60 even if the developer ups the price. In order for you to pay the higher price amazon would have to cancel your order and tell you to reorder it, which has happened before but they got a lot of complaining about so they usually dont do it. The fact that they put the price suggests that they are extremely confident that is going to be the price.

About the whole $80 dollar thing, yes it is a big deal, prices from one generation to the next usually only increase by $10 and not $20. Developers are already complaining that they are not selling enough games at the 60 price point so I doubt we are going to see any higher prices. Plus you really cant compare one locations prices to another; it doesnt work.

Message 70 of 75 (93 Views)
0 Likes