Sackboy
490 posts

Re: E3 - what we DON'T want to see

May 27, 2014

fede01_8 wrote:

Half an hour of the presentation dedicated to indie crap

I second that! No offense to any indie fans, but they are all low-budget time fillers. I have never bought one and never will, the only indie games that will ever be played on my PS4 will be free from PS+ and I rarely enjoy them for a week or so. They don't really deserve as much presentation time as they got last year.

Message 11 of 19 (504 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

May 27, 2014

Delays

Message 12 of 19 (494 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

May 27, 2014

#1.  Call of Duty 4 part 12.

(Although you must know this is unavoidable, lets just hope it sticks to the xbone show and doesnt waste valuable PS4 time.)

#2. Lots of multiplatform games at the Sony show.  It is traditionally MS who shows mostly multiplatform games, with 1 or 2 exclusives, then Sony brings the thunder with the AAA exclusives and 1 or 2 multiplatformers.  I hope this tradition continues.

#3. The new PSEYE being ignored.  Its time people realised the Kinect experience can be had on pretty much any camera and microphone.  Sure the resolution is slightly higher on Kinect, but the PSEYE is much faster.  Motion control being equal parts resolution and capture speed it shows us the PS4's camera could actually provide a superior experience in many if not most cases due to its superior capture speed.  Of course this means the slow paced games would be best played on the Kinect, they both have their strong points and weak points, although when you include MOVE the ball def seems to be in Sony's corner.  Despite how accurate you think Kinect is, it cant replace physical buttons and so isnt well suited for hardcore gaming.  I would love to see Sony and MS have a head to head with their motion tech for sure.  Motion gaming on PS3 can be incredible, playing Frisbie golf, golf, ping pong basically any game from Sports Champions lets you see what motion gaming is suppossed to be, I really hope Sony announces Sports Champions 3 and it is as great as the first one as far as proving that motion controls can be amazing and intuitive and fun for any type of gamer.  Sports Chapions is a favorite among my non-gamer friends and relatives that come over.

#4. Lack of innovative exclusives.  Look I realise that Some people didnt like LAIR, mostly all of them didnt because they couldnt/didnt embrace sixaxis!!  I feel bad for those people as they will never experience what I have and may never feel the joy I have, but lesson learned, so they need to provide options to not force people to play games a certain way take it or leave it, because people will leave it.  Despite this, LAIR is one of the most innovative games of the entire PS3 library.  If not a direct sequel (Which would make me cry with joy) at least announce a game with as much love and though invested with huge scale, platform leading graphics, impressive tech such as 10,000 enemies on screen at once, etc.

Show me something i havent seen before and win my heart again.

#5. The death of my favorite franchises.  Every E3 that passes without mentioning one of your favorite franchises is one step closer to that franchise dieing completely.  As such I would love to see announcements and gameplay from the following games:

-Starwars battlefront.

-Witcher 3.

-Uncharted.

-MGS.  (Just bought Ground zero for $10 on PS3 new, once I have played it I will be itchin for more!

-Killzone.  Lets get back to its greatness, perhaps a Killzone 2 full HD repack on PS4, making the AI charater playable for local coop.  Maybe add an online coop feature as well and you have a winner. KZ2 broke the mold, do that again.

This one may be the one I want most of all, a game that made me feel for the first time about video game charaters, The game made me experience hate and joy and everything inbetween if even just for a moment.  The game is of course, Heavenly Sword!!!!!!!!  For years I have wanted an experience like that again, at the same time with God of War becoming stagnant its time for a revamp of both series, bring the gameplay up to todays level.

Its time for a cross over!!!  These two would make a great team, would drive the story for the first time that actually has a more human touch, which would lead straight into a movie deal.  Get ND to help out with the cut scenes and story, or maybe go hire Amy H?  They meet, they fight, they fall in love, yet in the end their connection to the gods can not let them be together and a fight to the death ensues.   

That is all.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 13 of 19 (492 Views)
MVP Support
12525 posts

May 27, 2014

1) Lack of RPG's. As in ones other than fan service ones. It would be nice to see more variety.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 14 of 19 (485 Views)
Gaming Beast
2142 posts

May 27, 2014
I agree showing games that are even going to be out a year later is pointless. I thought E3 was for what's coming soon, not what will happen at a later time.

Thought its nice to see what the PlayStation brand is getting, but its pointless to show stuff that won't be out anytime soon.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 15 of 19 (481 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 27, 2014

I really never pay attention to E3 as its pretty much just a hype train for the fanboy masses.  I just stick to reading about it later on.

If  there's one thing I wouldn't want to see at E3 its some great game reveal thats multiplat and then later finding out its was ran on a high performance PC rig instead of a console dev kit (ie Watch Dogs).  I personally have a high end PC rig (dont own a PS4 or Xbox One) which is great and all, but for the console only consumer to be duped about how good the graphics look only to find out later they can't quite reach those specs just seems sketchy and well frankly messed up (well unless you have a uber built PC rig).

Message 16 of 19 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

May 27, 2014
I dont want to see a bunch of indies. What i want is some great exclusive multiplayer games. Sony has way to much single player exclusives.in my opinion singleplayer is boring with not much replay value.
Message 17 of 19 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

May 27, 2014

spyder_21 wrote:
I agree showing games that are even going to be out a year later is pointless. I thought E3 was for what's coming soon, not what will happen at a later time.

Thought its nice to see what the PlayStation brand is getting, but its pointless to show stuff that won't be out anytime soon.

Not in my opinion.

E3 is a show to let us see behind the curtain, its about possibilities!!  

A developer may be working on a project and want to guage public interest?  How better then to show it and then see how people react.  This is a big reason for many of the delayed games I think too.  The devs see people's expectations for a game they announce, that makes them look hard at the game and say "is this good enough?"

This feedback has led to some of the great achievments in the past, just look at what happened with Killzone 2.  The game was shown, people flew off the handle with buzz and excitement, GG knew the game they were currently building couldnt match the buzz so they started fresh using the E3 video as a sort of template.  This led to one of, if not  the best looking game of last gen.  The gameplay, AI, and features were just top of the line and still exceed most games released today.

If there was no interest at E3, the game would have came out in 2007 or 2007 and been a hollow shell in comparison and not been one of PS3's best games ever made.  I prefer that it was amazing, dont know about you...

Now look at games like Witcher 3, the buzz is strong so the devs decided to do their fans a solid and take another look to make sure the game is as good as people think it should be.  Buzz has always led to dissapointment.  The delays let the buzz die down to reachable levels at the same time coming closer to what the buzz implied.

My live motto is if you expect the worst you will never be dissapointed, and you must realise that the opposite also holds true.

Todays gen with their instant gratification non-sense, stop and smell the flowers and realise expectation is the spice of life, and many times much more satisfying then the end product.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 18 of 19 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3167 posts

May 27, 2014

I don't want them to show too much third party games, I want it to be primarlly exclusives. And no cirque du soleil crap or celebrities promoting any of the companies, its terrible.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 19 of 19 (447 Views)
0 Likes