Jun 10 2013
By: the_ed_85 I Only Post Everything 1013 posts

E3 press conference round up

[ Edited ]
4 replies 108 views Edited Jun 11, 2013
These are my opinions based on what I saw at the press conferences at E3 in order of showing:

Microsoft:
- addressed absolutely none of the issues concerning gamers and acted like the issues simply don't exist
- had multiple Kinect games that they did not expressly say we're designed for Kinect and even seemed to try to hide that they were for Kinect (IGN commented on this)
- had very little that sparked my interest and there were tons of tweets about how unexciting the conference was
- has games that will play themselves for you when you're not there to play them. This is a major, major deal breaker for me. I don't want my games running at all if I'm not there to play them myself.
EDIT:
- Xbox One is still highly restricted and is far from worth a price tag of $499.

EA:
- had some games that caught my interest
- UFC greatly caught my interest and I am looking forward to that game on PS4
- Fifa 14 looks intriguing, I'm not sure about how well the realistic ai will work in terms of players changing their footing though. I'll demo it first.
- NBA Live 14 looks exceptionally good. I am really looking forward to the realism of an NBA game. I really like basketball, but am not a fan of annual sports games. This might make it so that I'll get into a franchise of annual sports games.
- STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT!!!! Can't wait for this game!

Ubisoft:
- Rayman Legends: I like a good platformer, and Rayman was one I enjoyed as a kid. I think this is going to be a fun game. Fun factor in a game is very important to me, so Rayman has my vote.
- Assassin's Creed 4 really didn't show me anything that I wanted. I've been disappointed with AC since Brotherhood, and I'm going to pass this one over too
- The Crew looks like an amazing racing game. I'm really looking forward to that
- The Division has my purchase at launch

Sony: watching that on Home at 8:45 USEST
My PSN
Message 1 of 5 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1033 posts

Re: E3 press conference round up

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

what I'm looking foward to from sony are vita games I don't think I'm gonna get the ps4 at launch

Message 2 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Sorry to break it to you, but expect the majority of the show to be about the PS4. It's the new main console, and it needs the attention in order to get any momentum back that Xbox One may have taken. I don't think there was much taken, and with the Xbox One officially priced at $499, I hope that Sony prices the PS4 at a lower price to simply crush that system. With the way that MS simply ignored the major issues that have come up and their high price point on the Xbox One, I don't see a very bright future for the system if Sony is smart and undersells them.
My PSN
Message 3 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 11, 2013
You forgot BATTLEFIELD 4 BRO. TAKE DOWN DAT SKYSCRAPER
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
10995 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Sorry to break it to you, but expect the majority of the show to be about the PS4. It's the new main console, and it needs the attention in order to get any momentum back that Xbox One may have taken. I don't think there was much taken, and with the Xbox One officially priced at $499, I hope that Sony prices the PS4 at a lower price to simply crush that system. With the way that MS simply ignored the major issues that have come up and their high price point on the Xbox One, I don't see a very bright future for the system if Sony is smart and undersells them.

According to rumor (Games Industry International via IGN), the PS4 will have 3 skus...  $399, $499 and $599.

If this is the case, I assume for $399, you get the PS4, a controller and a 500GB HDD; the $499 sku would include the camera and a 1TB HDD, while the $599 sku adds some sort of bundle package (games, PS+, etc) and possibly a 2nd controller.

>>LINKY<<

Message 5 of 5 (59 Views)
0 Likes