May 15 2011
By: JBSleek Lombax Warrior 97 posts

E3 is almost here once more.

2 replies 18 views Edited May 15, 2011

As E3 approches so does my curiosity on the future of PS+. We are fast approching the one year anniversary and I for one am happy with my service. Yet, since Sony got hacked for 24 days and it has just been restored it got me wondering. Let's assume Sony has lost billions of dollars off of this, which seems fair, this could mean Sony could be looking into a service much like the Live service. Sony could still allow people who don't play to game online and sync trophies but they sweeten the PS+ deal to make it more attractive. As this breach has shown is that the F2P model is not going to work and I am about 80% the PS4 will be a similar service to Live. I think, and this is pure speculation not fact, sony will give PSN and PS+ an overhaul and announce it this coming E3.

PS+ will be given:

Auto Sync

XGC

Video Chat

Overhauled UI

PSN will change and become more of a gaming service:

Turn PSN ID into PlayerTags, which sound better and would be cool.

Improved XMB or dump it all together for something more sleek looking

Better Avatar intergration

This is all specuation but I think this is the most logical step.The competition dominates the US because we love connectivity. I think this year's E3 is going to be one of Sony's best.

-Retired CoD Player-
-Electronic Arts Supporter-
Message 1 of 3 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Re: E3 is almost here once more.

May 15, 2011

I still remember when PS Plus was annonced at E3 last year. Man I was excited. I can't wait for this year's E3. Wanna see some Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Resistence 3, and more good games releasing this year.

Message 2 of 3 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2096 posts

Re: E3 is almost here once more.

May 17, 2011

JBSleek wrote:

As E3 approches so does my curiosity on the future of PS+. We are fast approching the one year anniversary and I for one am happy with my service. Yet, since Sony got hacked for 24 days and it has just been restored it got me wondering. Let's assume Sony has lost billions of dollars off of this, which seems fair, this could mean Sony could be looking into a service much like the Live service. Sony could still allow people who don't play to game online and sync trophies but they sweeten the PS+ deal to make it more attractive. As this breach has shown is that the F2P model is not going to work and I am about 80% the PS4 will be a similar service to Live. I think, and this is pure speculation not fact, sony will give PSN and PS+ an overhaul and announce it this coming E3.

PS+ will be given:

Auto Sync

XGC

Video Chat

Overhauled UI

PSN will change and become more of a gaming service:

Turn PSN ID into PlayerTags, which sound better and would be cool.

Improved XMB or dump it all together for something more sleek looking

Better Avatar intergration

This is all specuation but I think this is the most logical step.The competition dominates the US because we love connectivity. I think this year's E3 is going to be one of Sony's best.

-Retired CoD Player-
-Electronic Arts Supporter-

We are getting a new browser and tools, a new Chat program (text/voice/video), XGC in the "Live" area with notification of a new message or chat everywhere.  Everyone will have this.  Where I think PS+  could work would be to allow connection to land line and mobile phones AKA real phone calls from Sony platforms using wifi. 

There are a ton of cloud services Sony can offer which will be supportable with the new browser.  Some will be PS+ only.

Message 3 of 3 (18 Views)
0 Likes