Jan 30 2013
By: GamerScott Monster Hunter 33 posts

Dynamic Themes - No Preview Anymore???

[ Edited ]
12 replies 532 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

Why would they remove the option to watch a trailer of the dynamic themes?  Who is going to purchase a theme for $3 without being able to see what it is or what it does?  I guess I won't be buying many themes anymore.

PS3 = GamerScott
360 = K9 RE5CUER
Wii Code = Who the #@*% cares!
Message 1 of 13 (532 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
9449 posts

Re: Why did they take the preview away from the Dynamic Themes???

Jan 30, 2013

GamerScott wrote:

Why would they remove the option to watch a trailer of the dynamic themes?  Who is going to purchase a theme for $3 without being about to see what it is or what it does?  I guess I won't be buying many themes anymore.

I don't know why Sony removed the previews for Dynamic Themes. I guess that after Sony removed "Keyboard Support" from the Playstation Store and removed "Recommendations" where you could send a link to a store item to a friend in a PSN message, Sony said "What else can we remove from the Playstation Store to make it worse"?

I certainly don't understand how removing useful options from the Playstation Store, makes the Playstation Store "Better". But then again, what do I know?

3164309_o.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 2 of 13 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Re: Dynamic Themes - No Preview Anymore???

Jan 30, 2013

yeah i know... many things lost there "preview" when they did the store change or "update." i miss being able to veiw dynamic backgrounds, and some pns game trailers.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 3 of 13 (516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 4, 2016

I've been wondering this myself here lately. For about a month now there have not been any trailers for dynamic themes and it pisses me off! I made a thread and no one from Sony responded. Can't get Ask Playstation to respond on twitter either. I refuse to buy a theme if I can't preview it. 

Message 4 of 13 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1242 posts

Jan 4, 2016

Um probably because they noticed a decline in theme purchases since they added the trailers? It's all about the bottom line, they don't care if you end up buying something you don't like, that you weren't able to preview

Message 5 of 13 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 5, 2016

I've been thinking the same thing myself Kelsinator. Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 13 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6147 posts

Jan 5, 2016

Kelsinator wrote:

Um probably because they noticed a decline in theme purchases since they added the trailers? It's all about the bottom line, they don't care if you end up buying something you don't like, that you weren't able to preview

You can YouTube the themes and see them on there before purchase. 

I hope people haven't forgotten that. 

Message 7 of 13 (227 Views)
I Only Post Everything
971 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2016

im guessing that to Kel. ive bought a few themes that once i got them were all pixelated and stretched that look like they were made for a phone or something then stretched out to fit my tv. if id of got to preview first i wouldnt of bought them. i wonder if thats also why we dont see as many demos anymore like on ps3.

Message 8 of 13 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1242 posts

Jan 7, 2016

SoulTrain75 wrote:

im guessing that to Kel. ive bought a few themes that once i got them were all pixelated and stretched that look like they were made for a phone or something then stretched out to fit my tv. if id of got to preview first i wouldnt of bought them. i wonder if thats also why we dont see as many demos anymore like on ps3.

Hah, I recently saw a preview of the "Lost At Sea Dynamic Theme", and there was such massive lag with the waves....Which is probably why it had a crappy rating.....Of course you wouldn't buy it after seeing that.....

Shadoefax, I used Youtube to do this before they added the tailer/preview feature, it's just a bit of a hassel. Youtube and Twitch, etc are what we have to use mostly to get ian idea  of the games before we buy. Oh yeah, I think a video store is opening up here actually. I haven't rented any games or movies since Roger's screwed us all over(I actually like going out to the Movie/Game rental stores.

Message 9 of 13 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2595 posts

Jan 7, 2016

The reason why they do not have previews for most dynamic themes is because most of them are junk that a little kid could make on their computer.  The really good ones have previews.  So far I have only seen about 4 or 5 dynamic themes that are actually any good.

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 10 of 13 (111 Views)
0 Likes