Jul 12 2012
By: mochuuu SCEA 1487 posts

Dyad - Official Thread

[ Edited ]
OFFICIAL POST
21 replies 1166 views Edited Jul 13, 2012

In this thread, we talk about everything Dyad. Set to release 7/17 in the PlayStation Store and will be 20% off on its launch week for PlayStation Plus members. 

Price: $14.99

PS Plus Price: $11.99

Official Description:  Dyad will reveal to you the secrets of the universe via bright flashy colours and phat beatz. Dyad is a gamified tie dye machine. Dyad is an interactive mind altering substance absorbed through your thumbs, eyes and ears. Dyad is a tactical octopus action ballet in a reactive audio-visual tube.

Experience a transcendental sensory overload in Dyad. Race through a reactive audio-visual tube creating a harmonious synthesis of colour and sound as you hook, graze, and lance enemies to master Dyad's 27 unique levels.

Embark on a mind-altering interactive journey through Dyad's Game Mode in order to prepare yourself for Trophy Mode's tactical freakout variations wherein a Platinum Trophy awaits only the most skillful. Or choose to sit back and chill with Dyad's hallucinogenic Remix Mode.

• 60FPS, 1080p, Lossless Audio
  • Platinum Trophy
  • 27 stages (Each also has a trophy and remix mode)

Dyad_03

PlayStation Blog Coverage

Official PlayStation.com Game Page

PSNStores - 5/5

Quote: 

"While it starts off simple, eventually becoming devilishly complex, every step of the way you’ll feel like you’re in control of the most magnificent fireworks show known to man. Gloriously cacophonic, Dyad might just be the freshest thing I’ve played in quite some time."

Games Radar - 4.5/5

"Flashy, colorful, and challenging, this puzzler immediately jumps ahead to become one of PSN's best downloadable games"

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 22 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2304 posts

Re: Dyad - Official Thread

Jul 12, 2012

Sooo... what is this again? Lol..

watchdogs
Message 2 of 22 (1,158 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Jul 12, 2012
Click the links to find out more info on the game if you haven't been following it.
@morganharo

Message 3 of 22 (1,153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6581 posts

Jul 12, 2012

looks  very wild and but awsome...

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 4 of 22 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Wow, looks amazing...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 22 (1,141 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Jul 12, 2012

pretty amazing leaderboard breaking video of what Dyad looks like when played by a pro

http://kotaku.com/5925194/watch-the-mental-meltdown-of-a-leaderboard+beating-dyad-run/

holy crap

@morganharo

Message 6 of 22 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35890 posts

Jul 12, 2012

I know like the rest of us your probably still finding your way around mochuuu, but shouldn't thi be in the PSN Games General Forum Smiley Wink

PSN Games General

P.S. It looks like a very interesting & different game, I'nm hoping for a playable demo, oh & I just noticed it has a Plat too, even more interesting, I see it's 20% off for PS Plus Subscribers (good) , but how much is it mochuuu, I didn't see a price in your OP?

Message 7 of 22 (1,129 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Jul 13, 2012
Thanks for the tip; but we have plans to move some things around in the near future, which for now, makes this spot the best place to float this thread. I'll add the price to the OP as well, thanks!
@morganharo

Message 8 of 22 (1,121 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35890 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

Thanks for that, $11.99 for Plus Subscribers huh, not bad, like I said it looks pretty interesting, I hope there's a demo though.

Still don't understand a new release PSN game not being in the PSN Games Section, but so be it, you know best!

Message 9 of 22 (1,113 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jul 13, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

pretty amazing leaderboard breaking video of what Dyad looks like when played by a pro

http://kotaku.com/5925194/watch-the-mental-meltdown-of-a-leaderboard+beating-dyad-run/

holy crap

The game looks intense... particularly when the speed starts ramping up later in the video. Dyad sort of reminds me of an old school arcade racing game based in vector graphics. It had the similar circular layout as you raced down a pipe or track or something. Wish I could remember what it was called. Anyway, Dyad looks interesting I might just have to make a purchase. 

I haven't pulled the trigger on PS+ though it's tempting. Good discount!

Message 10 of 22 (1,108 Views)
0 Likes