Jun 14 2012
By: glaciusx25 MVP Support 13608 posts

Dungeon Defenders Vita will not go through

4 replies 26 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353796/dungeon-defenders-vita-axed/

Not like I really care. Never played the Dungeon Defenders game.

But if anyone does care, this news is sad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 5 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Re: Dungeon Defenders Vita will not go through

Jun 14, 2012

Yeah I'm not really a fan either. Hope the put the time and effort into something new and exciting though!

Message 2 of 5 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 15, 2012

I hadn't heard the official cancellation news until your post but I had heard it was in trouble.  Some of the games already released should have been cancelled. 

Message 3 of 5 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Jeez, don't just roll over people.

Anyways, I am contacting some community people at Trendy to see what is up. Hopefully, I will get a response and shoot it back here sometime soon-ish.

Message 4 of 5 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I did my little sleuthing around and talked to a rep on the Trendy forums. Here is the follow up conversation (in its entirety),

Quote Originally Posted by wakefulness

Hello, honorable Trendy rep!

I have a two part question regarding some comments you shared on the forums:
  1. Seeing as how an engineer representing your company (at Playstation Meeting 2011) stated games like Dungeon Defender could be ported to VITA easily - could you divulge some more (specific) details regarding Trendy's reason on the cancellation of the VITA version of Dungeon Defenders?
  2. When can you share any specifics of Trendy's plans for future VITA support?

Thanks for your time! :-)

Hi there!

Unfortunately, I do not have the specific details of why we canceled other than that we are using the time and resources on other pursuits. I can't really talk about our future plans at this time. I wish I could be more helpful!

Sincerely,

Josh Isom

Community Manager

Trendy Entertainment

Seeing as how he did not add much to the original statement and I could not really get any more specific on my questions, I did not really feel the need to pressure any more answers out of him. Also, I am not a journalist. I do this for my own interest as a VITA owner who casually writes stuff on these forums, sorry to those who wanted more.

But, this probably sucks for those that wanted to experience the game on a portable or wanted something not seen on VITA. We shall see if Trendy has any future plans which call for developing new VITA games.

Message 5 of 5 (26 Views)
0 Likes