Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 15 2013
By: Capcom_Unity Official Voice of Capcom 17 posts

DuckTales Remastered available now! Anybody like singing?

[ Edited ]
11 replies 587 views Edited Aug 15, 2013

Hey guys, GregaMan here from Capcom Unity. 

As you may have deduced from the snazzy DuckTales banner atop this site (at least, it was there as of the time I wrote this), the lovingly-crafted DuckTales Remastered--an HD remake of the original NES game--is indeed available now as a digital download on PSN ($14.99)!

Product link

DuckTales-Remastered.jpg

This game is the miraculous result of several bright stars aligning, with Disney's blessing and involvement every step of the way, developer WayForward's passionate handiwork, and reprised performances from most of the original DuckTales cartoon cast--even the legendary Alan Young is back to reprise his role as Scrooge! 

Sing and Win

If you're a DuckTales super-fan and want to help spread the joy of this game's release, we've got something just for you. We've just launched sing.ducktalesremastered.com, a site that lets anybody upload a video of their best rendition of the DuckTales theme song. Follow the simple steps on that site, show us your singing chops (or lack thereof), and we'll showcase our favorite vids on the Capcom Unity YouTube channelYou don't have to be the next Pavarotti (though I hear he did get his start covering the DuckTales theme (not really)), you just have to get into it!

Capture.JPG

Meanwhile, we've got some very special super-secret goodies reserved for our very favorite videos of the batch. Mum's the word on specifics for now, but mmmmmboy. You may want to give this the old college try. 

And that's the duck-scoop! Have a duckworthy day!

For everything Capcom-related, visit http://www.capcom-unity.com
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (587 Views)
Fender Bender
3111 posts

Re: DuckTales Remastered available now! Anybody like singing?

Aug 15, 2013

We are really enjoying the game. It still feels like the old Duck Tales (which is mostly a good things) but the game looks incredible and really true to the Disney brand. I can really tell that a lot of care went into the artwork, even down to the backgrounds. My family visits Disney World once or twice per year for vacation so they know a fake when they see one, but Ducktales is the real deal! They are loving Ducktales and it has been a joy to introduce them to something I enjoyed as a young adult. I think my only let down was not hearing the actualy TV show Ducktales theme song. Maybe its unlockable? Thanks for caring enough to get some real feed back and I would love to see remasters of other Disney games.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (559 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Aug 15, 2013
I RARELY pick up a spur of the moment purchase, but I had to do it for this game. It is VERY well done and brings back so many great memories of not only the cartoon, but of the fantastic game I played as a kid.

You guys did a GREAT job!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Official Voice of Capcom
17 posts

Aug 15, 2013

Glad to see people are enjoying the game! 

>I think my only let down was not hearing the actualy TV show Ducktales theme song.

It's true that we had to use a rerecorded version of the theme song. The original recording from the TV show is not included in the game (complicated reasons), but you can hear the near-identical and equally catchy rerecorded version during the game's end credits :smileyhappy:

For everything Capcom-related, visit http://www.capcom-unity.com
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Wut
First Son
25 posts

Aug 16, 2013

I have to say, its campareable to Demon's Soul like if I die, I will have to go back to the beginning of the level. Or pretty much every other old game back in 90s.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (434 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Capcom_Unity wrote:

Hey guys, GregaMan here from Capcom Unity. 

As you may have deduced from the snazzy DuckTales banner atop this site (at least, it was there as of the time I wrote this), the lovingly-crafted DuckTales Remastered--an HD remake of the original NES game--is indeed available now as a digital download on PSN ($14.99)!

Product link

DuckTales-Remastered.jpg

This game is the miraculous result of several bright stars aligning, with Disney's blessing and involvement every step of the way, developer WayForward's passionate handiwork, and reprised performances from most of the original DuckTales cartoon cast--even the legendary Alan Young is back to reprise his role as Scrooge! 

Sing and Win

If you're a DuckTales super-fan and want to help spread the joy of this game's release, we've got something just for you. We've just launched sing.ducktalesremastered.com, a site that lets anybody upload a video of their best rendition of the DuckTales theme song. Follow the simple steps on that site, show us your singing chops (or lack thereof), and we'll showcase our favorite vids on the Capcom Unity YouTube channelYou don't have to be the next Pavarotti (though I hear he did get his start covering the DuckTales theme (not really)), you just have to get into it!

Capture.JPG

Meanwhile, we've got some very special super-secret goodies reserved for our very favorite videos of the batch. Mum's the word on specifics for now, but mmmmmboy. You may want to give this the old college try. 

And that's the duck-scoop! Have a duckworthy day!

I wish I had a PS vita and a PS3 coz I would totally buy this game! I love Ducktales seen the game play and it looks dope! I want it

photo jogo-watch-dogs-signature-edition-ps3-1_zps43a78ce3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (427 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
628 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Omg im playing so much ducktales my face is turning into a beak lol. I bought this the day of availability me and my brother used to play the old nes version so many times I cant wait to unlock all the secrets (: Oohh I wanted to know something are u guys planning on making Ducktales 2?????? PLZ reply
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (356 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3583 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Now jus waiting on them to put up Ducktales 2: Remastered (: omg I want!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (244 Views)
0 Likes