Oct 27 2013
By: xsongk Hekseville Citizen 346 posts

Dualshock 4

6 replies 159 views Edited Oct 27, 2013

Is it possible to charge my DS4 through my PC? I have it and don't want it just collecting dust so I thought I might as well use it for some emulated games on my PC and wanted to know if it would charge when it's connected to my PC and if it would mess it up in anyway if I plug it into my PC before ever charging it on the PS4?

Thanks!

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 1 of 7 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: Dualshock 4

Oct 27, 2013
When you plug it into your PC hit the PS button on the controller and it will work. Your computer will search for drivers for it and install the one that it needs. The next time that you plug it into your computer you will not need to hit the PS button.

Also the ps4 will have a low power state where u can charge it while the ps4 is turned off
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (138 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Oct 27, 2013

HWGuy14 wrote:
When you plug it into your PC hit the PS button on the controller and it will work. Your computer will search for drivers for it and install the one that it needs. The next time that you plug it into your computer you will not need to hit the PS button.

Also the ps4 will have a low power state where u can charge it while the ps4 is turned off

Thanks for the reply but I think you misunderstood my question.

I was asking if plugging it in to my PC would charge it.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 3 of 7 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15326 posts

Oct 27, 2013

xsongk wrote:

HWGuy14 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but I think you misunderstood my question.

I was asking if plugging it in to my PC would charge it.

Yes.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Sorry if I was not clear, but that's what I ment to say. Yes it will.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13012 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Why don't you try it?
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 6 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 27, 2013
^ yeah that's what I would do myself. It won't break ur controller lol.
Message 7 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes