Sep 28 2013
By: DaNielgAUci I Only Post Everything 983 posts

Dualshock 4 PC compatible?

11 replies 194 views Edited Sep 28, 2013

I remember hearing that the DS4 may be PC compatible (if I find the link I'll post it). Is there any new information confirming this or is it still just rumored?

I play PlayStation and PC but PlayStation pretty much all the time with me playing PC on some occasions. I have games that aren't available on PS3 and I would want to play them with a controller (I play better with DS3 than M&K) and installing drivers for the DS3 is such a hassle, thus why I wish the DS4 is PC compatible.

Message 1 of 12 (194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Re: Dualshock 4 PC compatible?

Sep 28, 2013
Such a hassle? Really? I just downloaded one thing, ran the setup, and that was it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 12 (182 Views)
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Well when I installed my DS3 I was told to download 2 or 3 applications (one being MotionJoy) to get it to work. The program didn't work at the start and when it finally did start working, I realised that it was too basic and unresponsive (that may be my controller).

It would be much better though to have an official driver which is simple to understand but allows for advanced configuration. So as soon as you plug in the DS4, you can install the driver, etc. 

Message 3 of 12 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Let the system come out first. Im sure some one will make a pc driver at some point. Motion joy is trash. I used it and ended up BSODing my PC. I ended up with a cheap 360 controler cause drivers were avaliable right away. Id go back to my PS3 controleron a heart beat but no motion joy.

Message 4 of 12 (173 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Sep 28, 2013
I had no issues with DS3 tool. And it's fully customizable. But oh well
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 12 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Sep 28, 2013

@Panther BSOD, that would suck bad. Well I was thinking about the 360 controller but I prefer the DS3 much more as it's symmetrical and makes sense to my brain. So I was right about MotionJoy being bad.

@Glacius You're lucky I guess. It didn't seem responsive for me also I couldn't find an option for L3 and R3 thus the program assigned a random control for it.

Message 6 of 12 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

DaNielgAUci wrote:

@Panther BSOD, that would suck bad. Well I was thinking about the 360 controller but I prefer the DS3 much more as it's symmetrical and makes sense to my brain. So I was right about MotionJoy being bad.

@Glacius You're lucky I guess. It didn't seem responsive for me also I couldn't find an option for L3 and R3 thus the program assigned a random control for it.

Yeah I did some research on it. Its a know issue with Motion Joy. This is why I do not use it.

Message 7 of 12 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

DaNielgAUci wrote:

Yeah I did some research on it. Its a know issue with Motion Joy. This is why I do not use it.

I was wondering why my computer was blue screening... I also have Motion Joy on this computer, when i installed it a couple of weeks after it started to blue screen, and now i know the culprit, did not know this, thanks for the information on this, I'll pass this on to my friends who also have it.

To get the PS3 controller to work (not sure if you did this or not) you have to switch the option to the 360 controller, so it will think the PS3 controller is a 360 one, and then it should work. That's what i did for mine.

Owner of: PC, PS4, PS3.
Next: PS Vita, 3DS, Wii-U.
PS4 Received: 3/6/14

FF14 Online: A Realm Reborn
Server: Gilgamesh

Clam Gauvain

Message 8 of 12 (154 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6103 posts

Sep 28, 2013

DaNielgAUci wrote:

I remember hearing that the DS4 may be PC compatible (if I find the link I'll post it). Is there any new information confirming this or is it still just rumored?

I play PlayStation and PC but PlayStation pretty much all the time with me playing PC on some occasions. I have games that aren't available on PS3 and I would want to play them with a controller (I play better with DS3 than M&K) and installing drivers for the DS3 is such a hassle, thus why I wish the DS4 is PC compatible.

http://levelsave.com/playstation-4s-dualshock-4-will-reportedly-work-computers/

Mentioned in the PS4 Mega thread btw Smiley Wink!

http://x.co/ps4info

Message 9 of 12 (149 Views)
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Oh, should've checked that before posting this haha

Thanks for the article by the way. So it's unconfirmed, interesting.

Message 10 of 12 (141 Views)
0 Likes