Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 25 2012
By: stormgoalie31 First Son 9 posts

Dualshock 3 controller square reads as x

4 replies 78 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

I just bought a brand new dualshock 3 controller. I started to play cod and found out that the square botton acts as the x. Instead of reloading and useing things, it jumps, so if you try to go prone and plant the bomb you have to hold down square to plant, but instead you jump up to a crouch and start to plant. Also when in create a class when you try to clear a point from your pick ten (like if you try to take away perk 1 greed) it takes it away and put you in the select the perk section. When in typing sicuations when typing a message when you try to delet somthing, whatever you curser is on, that's what you type. ( So if you have a sentece : i live in, and you want to delet the in part, you hit square and it delets it and then puts it right back so in very fast mothing it will be like so: i live in, to, i live i, then to, i live in

very cunfusion, bottom line is that the square bottons acts as if it it was the x botton                PLEASE HELP

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
647 posts

Re: Dualshock 3 controller square reads as x

Dec 25, 2012

Time to take that controller back to the store, hopefully you still have the receipt 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11140 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Have you tried resetting your controller? On the underside of the controller, to the left of the L buttons, there is a wee tiny hole. Push something in there to reset the controller. If that doesn't work, you likely got a bum controller.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Do i have to hold it down or do i just push it?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (58 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11140 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Just push it in.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (48 Views)