Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2011
By: TehBeasty First Son 3 posts

Dualshock 3 Controller Problem?

6 replies 488 views Edited Nov 5, 2011

I found out that what I am talking about is the Dead Zone of the controller isn't what I'm used to. Is there any way to fix it to where I am used to it?

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with a recently purchased Ps3 Ds3 Controller I bought from Gamestop. All the buttons work perfectly fine and all but while playing Black Ops Zombies I realized that the analog sticks seem to be rather resistant. With my previous controller, even the slightest movement of my thumb would be registered. But with this new controller, I can't aim precisely at all because when I move the right analog stick it'll jump to somewhere I didn't want it to aim rather than it moving where I wanted it to. For example, if I am trying to aim at a zombie to the right of me, usually I can easily move the analog stick to the right where I need to be aiming. With this controller, however,  this isn't the case. If I try to aim to the right directly to the zombie it won't smoothly let me aim my gun, it will jump to the right, usually too far to the right so I have to aim left again and then right, repeating that process until I finally get the zombie in my sights. I also found that if I drop my sensitivity back to the default of Medium(2) I can aim a bit more smoothly but having that low of a sensitivity really frustrates me (I usually play at Very High(7). Is there any way I can get into the controller and fix this problem with the analogs? Or maybe after prolonged use the controller will stop this bad habit?

Any feedback is much appreciated so thank you in advance!

Watch this to see what I'm talking about - Read Description. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRk8-H4xRUc

Message 2 of 7 (488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Dualshock 3 Controller Problem?

Nov 5, 2011

I've tried a few things to fix this: I opened the controller, took off the analog sticks, sprayed a small amount of WD-40 into the 3-pin analog stick parts attached to the circuit board, and put on different analogs. No improvement.

Message 1 of 7 (488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 19, 2012
I'm having the same issues I have just bought 3 brand new controllers and have the same issue ill be runnining and barely hit the right stick to look in either direction and next thing ya know I'm doing a 180 and going the opposite way very frustrating when try to shoot at someone and then I get killed black ops 2 is the only game I have this issue on
Message 3 of 7 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Dec 19, 2012

A thumbstick treshold is more of the tech side of the controllers..

As far as i know there is no known fix.. OH Well 

Message 4 of 7 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 19, 2012

i wouldn't use WD-40 on these variable resistors as it conducts and can cause more problems than it will help...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 5 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 19, 2012

just realized i just replied to a old comment...WOOPS..oh well one for the count..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 6 of 7 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Lol^^^
Message 7 of 7 (425 Views)