Dec 29 2011
By: aryary First Son 4 posts

DualShock3 won't work wirelessly

3 replies 437 views Edited Dec 29, 2011

As the title says, my DualShock3 controller doesn't work wirelessly anymore!

Unplugged it doesn't do anything. I press the PSHome button and nothing happens, the 4 lights don't light up, PS3 doesn't respond. When I plug it in while the PS3 is turned off, nothing happens either.

When the PS3 is on (I turn it on manually or with my SIXAXIS controller, which works fine) and I plug it in it works flawlessly. Everything responds wel, the 4 lights blink when I plug it in. When I press the PSHome button, it assigns itself to player 1. While I'm playing, I don't have any problems.

However, as soon as I unplug it, the controller shuts down immediately and goes back to being non-responsive!

Here are some things I've already tried:

- Different USB-cables

- Different USB-ports on PS3

- Charging it on my computer's USB ports (the 4 lights blink, seems to be charging)

- Pressing the reset-button with a toothpick

Anything else? It doesn't seem to be broken, it just doesn't work wirelessly! Any suggestions???

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4602 posts

Re: DualShock3 won't work wirelessly

Dec 29, 2011

The four steps are what I would usually suggest to others.  The only thing I can perhaps come up with is two things.

1.  Plugging in the controller to a different PS3?  Maybe it might resync whatever is wrong (if any) problems it has and then go wireless.

2.  Completely drain the battery of the controller?  Maybe that might fix it as well?

I don't know all the technical details, but I would try those things as well.  Perhaps you may have some luck.

Green Collar Baseball. Go A's!

Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 30, 2011

I will try the first option tomorrow, when I'm at my cousin's! Not sure how to drain the battery though, it won't work without being plugged in.

Message 3 of 4 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4602 posts

Dec 30, 2011

aryary wrote:

I will try the first option tomorrow, when I'm at my cousin's! Not sure how to drain the battery though, it won't work without being plugged in.

Hopefully it works out.  Tell us how it goes .

Green Collar Baseball. Go A's!

Message 4 of 4 (437 Views)
0 Likes