I dropped my psp into water on Monday while I was at work. I immediately dried it off and tried to turn it on, it was okay so when I got home I thought it would still be okay, I was wrong lol. It only turns on for a few seconds when I can hear the start-up music then it turns off, I've put it in rice and used a blowdryer and it still doing the same thing! The psp only stays on when i put it on HOLD, what could be the problem with it?
I'm thinking it's still not completely dried or possibly the water didn't cushion the impact enough and something was damaged inside from the drop. Remove the battery and put the PSP in rice again for at least another day. Put the battery in rice too. Post tomorrow if it made a difference.