Mar 11 2014
By: djmwau Monster Hunter 42 posts

DriveClub delay to sell new VR

[ Edited ]
5 replies 244 views Edited Mar 11, 2014

Obviously I hit a nerve with Seriously Chaosing who is obviously part of the development team. G O O D ! ! ! Make DriveClub the #1 priority for Playstation 4 instead of continuing to push it back while still releasing other games.

Really though, you protest too much. The making more money part is about delaying the release of DriveClub to sell a bunch of VR units, which I'm sure will cost a lot more than the game. THAT'S how Sony would make a lot more money. Just give us a freaking definite date and be done with it. FYI, I said that I was "Older than 8" which I am.... Quite a bit actually, so I would like to see DriveClub sometime before I die........ I pre-ordered the game back in November when the release was scheduled for late 2013, which usually means Christmas. That's long past and every time I check on a DriveClub release date, I get a new date and a new load of crap.

I intend to focus my attention on "encouraging" the development team to get their act together and get the game released ASAP from now forward.

EDIT: Removed "Games and Platforms" label. Added line breaks.

Message 1 of 6 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: DriveClub delay to sell new VR

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad that they are pushing it back.. If the game has any problems or issues, don't release it until it's in good condition.

And if they are willing to make any additions, then let it be. If it can enhance the experiance, then give it time.

Message 2 of 6 (238 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

The VR headset is all but confirmed and this was one of the first things I thought about when they said it would take a bit longer to make. Driveclub, to some extent, will be playable by most people through Plus. What better way to drive (hehe pun) an accessory than to use it on a "pack-in" title (I am aware it is not truly a pack-in title, but the widespread use of the game warrants the comparison).

If that headset is $300 or less and usable on more than Driveclub, I will buy it day one.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 6 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Mar 11, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad that they are pushing it back.. If the game has any problems or issues, don't release it until it's in good condition.

I have a feeling that they wanted this to be a premiere title for the PS4 and that this extra polish is going to help the game immensely. The game was also hoping to push 60 FPS by launch, so that may be a technical achievement they wanted to implement. 

We do not know, but I assume VR is playing a role. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 4 of 6 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Mar 11, 2014
If they are making a VR headset, think there would be one just for video or am I stuck with Sonys gaming headset bundled with this as well?
Message 5 of 6 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Mar 11, 2014

I'm fine with this, I have to admit I'm interested in the VR headset, can't be worse then the virtual boy. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 6 of 6 (192 Views)
0 Likes