Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Re: DriveClub Delayed Again Today????

Mar 10, 2014

@djmwau It wasn't delayed again. They are explaining the reason behind the delay when it occured.

Owner of: PC, PS4, PS3.
Next: PS Vita, 3DS, Wii-U.
PS4 Received: 3/6/14

FF14 Online: A Realm Reborn
Server: Gilgamesh

Clam Gauvain

Message 21 of 28 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Mar 11, 2014

djmwau wrote:
I don't really WANT play any of the other games they have released. I'm a little older than 8 and I'm not a closet mass murderer. I don't care about "shooter" games. If they really wanted to get it released, they would have put more people on it and it would have been released by now. I read one theory that they delayed it because they felt it might interfere with the sales Gran Turismo 6 on PS3. To me this seems FAR more likely than "the game isn't ready, we want to make it great". It's about MONEY.

Really put more people on it  so you going pay each extra guy salary ? to help get drive club done on time 
game will come u just need chill and play something or go do something keep your self busy 

Message 22 of 28 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Mar 11, 2014

I am a little annoyed with having to wait until September for drive club.  It would be nice to have now, or in a month or so.  This is not my usual type of game but with the limited options out now it would be a perfect ps plus game to have and be playing now.  I am not as angry as the op and would prefer to be playing it now, but i understand the difficulties studios may come across as they are completing a game. 

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 23 of 28 (214 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5242 posts

Mar 11, 2014
Either that's a mistype or your a troll. No 8 year old talks like that.

How is delaying the game about money? The longer it's in development, the more money they lose.
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 24 of 28 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Mar 11, 2014

ExMimic wrote:
Either that's a mistype or your a troll. No 8 year old talks like that.

How is delaying the game about money? The longer it's in development, the more money they lose.

This is true.

They delayed it, they lost me as a customer.

I don't trust in delayed games. It tells me it's broken.

Message 25 of 28 (210 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5242 posts

Mar 11, 2014
@Aureilia
I was referring more to continuing to pay for development, and not receiving any extra income from games.
But there's your view as well.
Too bad you'll miss out on Watch Dogs as well.
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 26 of 28 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

djmwau wrote:
I forgot to mention....... I'll use that refund to buy an XBOX ONE and Forza 5. At least they can deliver on their promises ON TIME.

Forza 5 sucks.

There is LESS tracks, and LESS cars than Forza 4.... Turn 10 went BACKWARDS with the game, and almost every aspect of F5 is garbage.

No more auction house, and it seems they want to to turn it into a Free2Play game when you already paid $60 for it. No thanks.

Good luck trying to justify your money.

Don't be mad that you didn't do your homework.

BTW, Driveclub didn't get delayed again. You need to learn how to read a little better.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 27 of 28 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

djmwau wrote:
I don't really WANT play any of the other games they have released. I'm a little older than 8 and I'm not a closet mass murderer.
Let me get this straight. You bought a PS4, for one game, that was delayed BEFORE the PS4 launched. So what are you playing now?

If they really wanted to get it released, they would have put more people on it and it would have been released by now.
Thats not how you do things. Putting more people to work on something, isn't going to magically make things go faster. And that means that they'd burn through MORE money than they already are by delaying it.
What you just said, is a logical fallacy.

I read one theory that they delayed it because they felt it might interfere with the sales Gran Turismo 6 on PS3.
Driveclub is a PS4 game. It is developed by Evolution Studios. GT6 is on PS3 and develope by Polyphony Digital. Sales wouldn't have interfered because people who want to play Driveclub, have a PS4. People who want GT6, have a PS3.
GT6 is not coming to PS4.... There aren't many ways to tell you that your "theory" is wrong.

To me this seems FAR more likely than "the game isn't ready, we want to make it great". It's about MONEY.
This is backwards. First off. THIS IS A BUSINESS FIRST. So yes, IT IS ALWAYS about money. Secondly, its also backwards thinking to assume this is about money because the game is delayed.... If you don't release the game... NO MONEY is being made. Its OBVIOUS you didn't bother reading any article. Because the most recent article EXPLAINS why the game was delayed in the first place. There is no "game got delayed, again" article.

Edit: Hey all, locking this thread as there was some confusion as to the validity of the topic, which seems to have been resolved.  Thanks!

-TTurtle

Furiously Chaosing
Message 28 of 28 (194 Views)
0 Likes