Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013
Well, it's not like the PvP is fundamental to the game. It's just an extra mode, also keep in mind DC isn't a pure RPG. I think dismissing it because it has a PvP mode is a bit petty. DC is shaping up to be an amazing game~.
Message 21 of 24 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

According to the below video there will be "Cooking and PvP Arena", it says "Dragon's Crown Trailer Shows Systems, Cooking, PvP Arena and More 2013 HD"

PvP in my RPG? Fugg that. Not buying it now. PvP is useless to me. Actually I might still get it, but I think PvP is tragically pointless.

Well, that video is the first time I've seen anything about cooking and PvP. I'm not even sure you have to play that mode, and I'm sure you'll get the enjoyment out of that game you were expecting. I've never played PvP in Diablo 3 and it has it there. I have like 200 hours in D3. Pretty sure it's just there for those that want it, or it could be something similar to Castle Crashers when you fight over the Princess.

It showed a 3 minute timer for the PvP part and a 1 minute timer for the cooking part. Cooking looked like making potion that upped their stats.

Anyway, I preordered Super Saver shipping on Amazon. So should have mine the following week, and plan to play solo with AI unless some of you want to hit me up. I might consider. lol. Just be aware my 13 year old is a big D&D board game and RPG/RTS video game fan, so he'll be getting in on this. He told me this was the Vita title I have to get, and no it wasn't because he hit puberty. lol.

Message 22 of 24 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 28, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:So far there is little word out on how KZ Mercenaries actually plays,
[...]

Killzone Mercenaries on the other hand is likely to have PvP. So if you like that type of game more than Co-op, wait for Mercenaries.

While I agree with choosing Dragon's Crown over KZM, it seems clear to me that you're simply biased and haven't really followed KZM at all.

There are numerous videos showing actual gameplay. And it's not simply "likely to have PvP," it absolutely does have both single-player (PvE) and multi-player (PvP).

Message 23 of 24 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:So far there is little word out on how KZ Mercenaries actually plays,
[...]

Killzone Mercenaries on the other hand is likely to have PvP. So if you like that type of game more than Co-op, wait for Mercenaries.

While I agree with choosing Dragon's Crown over KZM, it seems clear to me that you're simply biased and haven't really followed KZM at all.

There are numerous videos showing actual gameplay. And it's not simply "likely to have PvP," it absolutely does have both single-player (PvE) and multi-player (PvP).

I take it you fully ignored the portion of my post where I said I'm not an FPS gamer? I don't  scour the net for game videos. What I have seen of KZM, none of it was gameplay video.

Of course I am biased. We all are to one extent or another. I am also voicing my opinion like everyone else. I'm not a fan of pvp. I take it voicing a contrary opinion is not allowed? .........................

Message 24 of 24 (107 Views)
0 Likes