Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/21/2007
Offline
7402 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

Killzone Mercenary all the way!!!!

Message 11 of 24 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

If you like the idea of Dragon's Crown, pre-order it and get a great Hardback Artbook with it. (At least on Amazon, where I pre-ordered it)

 


It's a paperback (soft cover), not a hard cover book. But still looks pretty slick. GameStop has it too...probably all retailers of physical copies.

Message 12 of 24 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1508 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

If you like the idea of Dragon's Crown, pre-order it and get a great Hardback Artbook with it. (At least on Amazon, where I pre-ordered it)

 


It's a paperback (soft cover), not a hard cover book. But still looks pretty slick. GameStop has it too...probably all retailers of physical copies.


It's actually hard cover. You can see it in this video.

 

Message 13 of 24 (259 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

If you like the idea of Dragon's Crown, pre-order it and get a great Hardback Artbook with it. (At least on Amazon, where I pre-ordered it)

 


It's a paperback (soft cover), not a hard cover book. But still looks pretty slick. GameStop has it too...probably all retailers of physical copies.


It's actually hard cover. You can see it in this video.

 

-video-


That could just be for Japan. Every single Western post (including the official page) says soft cover.

Message 14 of 24 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1508 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

If you like the idea of Dragon's Crown, pre-order it and get a great Hardback Artbook with it. (At least on Amazon, where I pre-ordered it)

 


It's a paperback (soft cover), not a hard cover book. But still looks pretty slick. GameStop has it too...probably all retailers of physical copies.


It's actually hard cover. You can see it in this video.

 

-video-


That could just be for Japan. Every single Western post (including the official page) says soft cover.


Funny thing is that the picture looks like a hard bound book. lol. Oh well, the Ragnarok soft cover book in the Mercenary Edition was nice enough.

Message 15 of 24 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/14/2008
Online
1256 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

Killzone Mercenary. I also applyed to be in the beta.

Owner & Founder
www.teamcgn.com
Message 16 of 24 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

You're not really asking a fair question. RPGs and FPSs are vastly different types of games. It's not even an apples to oranges comparison, it's more like chicken to beef type comparison. 

 

I am not a big FPS type of guy. I don't mind an RPG in FP view like Fallout 3 or Borderlands 2, but RPGs and FPS don't play anywhere close to each other. So far there is little word out on how KZ Mercenaries actually plays, whereas Dragon's Crown already has solid gameplay video and people've played it (imported from Japan or in cases like IGN where they've spent time on the game already). 

 

From what I'm seeing, Dragon's Crown will be a great co-op type RPG that has been sorely missing from this past generation. Thankfully there won't be any PvP. (I'm not a PvP gamer, so I'm a bit biased.)

 

Killzone Mercenaries on the other hand is likely to have PvP. So if you like that type of game more than Co-op, wait for Mercenaries.

 

Personally I'm getting Dragon's Crown, not Killzone: Mercenaries. It is possible I will pick up Mercenaries one day for the solo storyline, but not for a very long time.

Message 17 of 24 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1508 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

You're not really asking a fair question. RPGs and FPSs are vastly different types of games. It's not even an apples to oranges comparison, it's more like chicken to beef type comparison. 

 

I am not a big FPS type of guy. I don't mind an RPG in FP view like Fallout 3 or Borderlands 2, but RPGs and FPS don't play anywhere close to each other. So far there is little word out on how KZ Mercenaries actually plays, whereas Dragon's Crown already has solid gameplay video and people've played it (imported from Japan or in cases like IGN where they've spent time on the game already). 

 

From what I'm seeing, Dragon's Crown will be a great co-op type RPG that has been sorely missing from this past generation. Thankfully there won't be any PvP. (I'm not a PvP gamer, so I'm a bit biased.)

 

Killzone Mercenaries on the other hand is likely to have PvP. So if you like that type of game more than Co-op, wait for Mercenaries.

 

Personally I'm getting Dragon's Crown, not Killzone: Mercenaries. It is possible I will pick up Mercenaries one day for the solo storyline, but not for a very long time.


According to the below video there will be "Cooking and PvP Arena", it says "Dragon's Crown Trailer Shows Systems, Cooking, PvP Arena and More 2013 HD"

 

Message 18 of 24 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/25/2012
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 28, 2013

Dragons Crown OP.

 

Message 19 of 24 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:


According to the below video there will be "Cooking and PvP Arena", it says "Dragon's Crown Trailer Shows Systems, Cooking, PvP Arena and More 2013 HD"

 

 


PvP in my RPG? Fugg that. Not buying it now. PvP is useless to me. Actually I might still get it, but I think PvP is tragically pointless.

Message 20 of 24 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes