Jul 27 2013
By: theman_714 Hekseville Citizen 363 posts

Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

23 replies 572 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

What would be a better purchase if you had to pick one of those games? I'm currently trying to decide between those two and I don't know which one should I get, I'm pretty fond of both the games and I like both types of gameplay, but I'm a bit skeptical about both, what do you think?

Message 1 of 24 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

Re: Dragon's Crown or Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA Games)

Jul 27, 2013

id go with killzone as its gonna be the first true fps experience on the vita past games resistance and cod where bad on vita i here

Message 2 of 24 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

Jul 27, 2013

id go with killzone as its gonna be the first true fps experience on the vita past games resistance and cod where bad on vita i here

Message 3 of 24 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Yeah, I don't know. That's a hard one, and why I plan to get both.

Two completely different types of games. I'd say it depends on if you're looking for a dungeon crawler that you can play through on different difficulties using 6 different characters, or if you want something to satisfy your FPS needs and takes advantage of the dual analog sticks and has objectives that open up after beating the game to keep you coming back.

Both have from what I've heard solid single player, Dragon Crown even lets you bring AI companions along with you if you're wanting to play alone, but want the benefit of having a couple more swords, axes, bows or wands. As far as multiplayer goes, they both have it, but if you're looking for competitive, I think KZ: M is the only one with it, unless Dragon Crown has some competitive scoring system I don't know about.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you go with.

Message 4 of 24 (561 Views)
MVP Support
13471 posts

Jul 27, 2013

If I were to have a Vita, I would go with Dragon's Crown. However, both games are pretty unique in their own ways and it's your call when buying one of them.

Playstation Support Phone Number
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Message 5 of 24 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 27, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Yeah, I don't know. That's a hard one, and why I plan to get both.

Two completely different types of games. I'd say it depends on if you're looking for a dungeon crawler that you can play through on different difficulties using 6 different characters, or if you want something to satisfy your FPS needs and takes advantage of the dual analog sticks and has objectives that open up after beating the game to keep you coming back.

Both have from what I've heard solid single player, Dragon Crown even lets you bring AI companions along with you if you're wanting to play alone, but want the benefit of having a couple more swords, axes, bows or wands. As far as multiplayer goes, they both have it, but if you're looking for competitive, I think KZ: M is the only one with it, unless Dragon Crown has some competitive scoring system I don't know about.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you go with.

QFT.

I would choose Dragon's Crown because 1) it comes out in two weeks (one month before KZM), 2) it's a side-scrolling platformer so will naturally control a lot better than KZM (I'm biased...give me a KB&M for shooters any day), and 3) has more solo-replayability, whereas KZM's replayability is really tied toward its multiplayer.

KZM is tempting because of its (insane) technical prowess, but If you're not already a Killzone fan, then I think DC is a much safer pick.

Message 6 of 24 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4457 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Message 7 of 24 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jul 27, 2013

theman_714 wrote:

What would be a better purchase if you had to pick one of those games? I'm currently trying to decide between those two and I don't know which one should I get, I'm pretty fond of both the games and I like both types of gameplay, but I'm a bit skeptical about both, what do you think?

You are basically comparing apples to oranges. What do you like better? First person shooters or side scrolling beat em ups with RPG elements? You may like both games but I'm sure you have preferences, that's where you should look into to make up your mind. That said, as it has been mentioned before, both games come out quite apart from each other so you should be able to get both. But if you can't:

+ DC boasts probably the best 2D graphics in a PSV / PS3 game~.

+ DC boasts a lot of replayability~.

- The MP may be limited due to the poor decision of not making this game cross play; DoA5+ taught me that given the choice between the handheld and the home version, people will always choose the latter. I am skeptical as to how many people will be playing the PSV version~.

+ KZM boasts the best graphics on a PSV game to date~.

+ If you played R:BS you know that the PSV controls are pretty slick, I'm sure Guerrilla will capitalize on those controls even better than Nihilistic did which means you can expect an AAA FPS that plays like an AAA FPS~.

+ MP will be pretty crowded, if people nowadays still play a piece of garbage like R:BS or CoD: D you know they'll stick to KZM for a really long time~.

- The SP looks really short, though nowhere close to the joke that CoD: D was. So MP may be all that the game is good for, which isn't necessarily a bad thing~.

Those are the bullet points I can think of about the two games but again, I think it boils down to which genre and gameplay style appeals to you the most~.

Message 8 of 24 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Jul 27, 2013

I'd say go with Dragon's Crown since for one thing, you are interested in it and secondly it does come out very soon, while KZM comes out a bit later.

If you like the idea of Dragon's Crown, pre-order it and get a great Hardback Artbook with it. (At least on Amazon, where I pre-ordered it)

Dragon's Crown is a game to play now, good to play with others or alone, and you can cross save with the PS3 if you have a copy there, same trophy set though, so for me, I'm just going with the PS Vita version.

I'm very interested in Killzone Mercenary, but I'm figuring on picking up a copy by or before Christmas at the latest. I'd love to be in on it at the first, maybe, but I'd rather not wait on Dragon's Crown, so Dragon's Crown it was for me. I'd rather wait on KZM for sure.

So weigh your feelings and trust your decision.

Message 9 of 24 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Jul 28, 2013

I'd go with Dragon's Crown. It just looks so much more awesome compared to a semi-average shooter.

------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 24 (490 Views)
0 Likes