Jun 19 2013
By: raiden362003 Hekseville Citizen 223 posts

Downtime yet again, oh well its free...for now

8 replies 766 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

So I made the mistake of logging out of the network, only to find that when trying to log back in.SHOCKER the network is down yet again after an update. Im sorry but if Sony thinks that forcing those to be a ps plus subscriber to play online and having these types of issue, it will not fly with paying customers. As it is now the service is free and it is hard to complain but once we have to pay for use of the network then they are going to be forced to rid themselves of these problems, or they will see even us die hard ps fanbase will not put up with these types of issues. When the time comes that I have to renew my ps plus membership I will not being going the full year as I have in the past. I will only buy the minimum and take a wait and see approach. While I don't want to go the whole chicken little on this, I do believe this new ps plus on the ps4 is and will be a huge turning point for Sony and its gaming side. Because when you force those to pay for a service then you better deliver a top notch experience and we should have access at all times. Especially given the fact that more and more games are focusing solely on online gaming side. I know this is all speculation about the network once the PS4 hits but I do think its an issue we can all start thinking about. So how much will you commit once the new plan goes into effect and what will and do you expect from Sony and the network?

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 1 of 9 (766 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6037 posts

Re: Downtime yet again, oh well its free...for now

Jun 19, 2013

I think we all knew at some point Sony would have to charge for service. It was inevitable. You can only have something for free for so long. Personally I have no problem paying for a service that delivers reasonable quality. If it doesn't then I look elsewhere. Will see what happens when the PS4 comes out and things start to materialize. Until then it's pretty much the waiting game.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 2 of 9 (574 Views)
Sackboy
494 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Its up.... DER!!!! 

Message 3 of 9 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Note that PS Plus isn't required for "free-to-play" games on the PS4, unless the publisher decides to do so.

Message 4 of 9 (476 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Re: Downtime yet again, oh well its free..For now

Jun 19, 2013

Yea I had a feeling the whole pay to play online was coming, actually thought it would be sooner on the ps3. Its why I try not to say much about the downtime given its a free service, although very annoying. I have a few friends that have the other console that are level headed about it and its one thing they do brag about is the no downtime BUT they still do have their issues. I suppose a little hiccup here and there won't be bad if not expected given Sony's history as long as what happened a few years ago doesn't cause the Network to be shut down for weeks. That will cause an uprising I'm suspecting.

Message 5 of 9 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Jun 19, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

Note that PS Plus isn't required for "free-to-play" games on the PS4, unless the publisher decides to do so.

I wonder about non-Free-2-Play Games too. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 6 of 9 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

Well its why I said this is speculation on my part given we really are not sure how any of this is going to play out for us, Sony and game publishers. I do think though that all parties will want a piece of the pie in some way. I was just wondering what others will expect or want from their experience about paying for "some" online content. Was just trying to gauge others thoughts on this issue. Oh and  a kudos for the information though.

Message 7 of 9 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Sony was prepping a firmware update. They probably needed the offline  period to put it up. But since the firmaware was faulty, they had to take it down again. So, in the end it was time wasted, Oh well, accept and play what you can.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 8 of 9 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
12010 posts

Jun 19, 2013

raiden362003 wrote:

Yea I had a feeling the whole pay to play online was coming, actually thought it would be sooner on the ps3. Its why I try not to say much about the downtime given its a free service, although very annoying. I have a few friends that have the other console that are level headed about it and its one thing they do brag about is the no downtime BUT they still do have their issues. I suppose a little hiccup here and there won't be bad if not expected given Sony's history as long as what happened a few years ago doesn't cause the Network to be shut down for weeks. That will cause an uprising I'm suspecting.

and like the last time im pretty sure they will do something to make up for a extended downtime. if what happened a few years ago were to happen again,

>

Message 9 of 9 (178 Views)
0 Likes