Jan 04 2007
By: Akuma147~ First Son 3 posts

Downloads from PS Store is extremely slow!

28 replies 1915 views Edited Jan 4, 2007
Downloads from the Playstation Store is extremely slow!
I've tried everything possible and nothing helps.

First, I tried with my wireless router (Linksys WRT300N) which is located about 12 feet from the PS3, so I get from 95%-99% signal.
I opened all the ports 10070-10080 TCP, 10070 UDP, and 6000-6999 UDP.  UPnP enabled.
Internet is working fine, Resistance online is working fine, but Downloading from PS store is extremely slow!
Downloading Lair Trailer 85mb and it takes about 1 hour.  Tried to download GT HD demo, and about 3 hours later, I was at 36%, so I cancelled it.

I thought there might be a problem with the wireless connection, so I tried plugging in the ethernet cable for a direct connection, but
the same thing happens, PS store is still slow.
Then I thought there might be a problem with the router, so I tried plugging in the cable modem directly to the PS3, and guess what?
Still extremely slow downloads from the PS store.

There is definitely something wrong with either the PS store or the PS3 itself.

I have a very fast connection 7 Mbps / 512 kbps on cable from Earthlink / Time Warner.

Does anybody out there have a solution?  I know there are a lot of people with slow downloads for the PS Store.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1113 posts

Re: Downloads from PS Store is extremely slow!

Jan 4, 2007
it depends on your internet it only takes me 20 mins for me
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Jan 5, 2007
maybe your internet was just lagging?  I downloaded GT HD at my sister's house (she has cable) took me about 15 mins or less
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jan 5, 2007
Slow happens, it depends on how much network traffic there is on your service and how busy the server and the server's network is at the time that you're downloading.

As long as you seem to be downloading at normal speeds from other sites with your computer on the same network, it probably isn't a problem with your router settings, router or network.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 5, 2007
I have a fast internet connection, 7 Mbps download and 512 kbps upload.
I just tried a speedtest on my computer and I get around 6000 kbps on Speedtest.net
I tried the speedtest on the PS3 and I get around 2500 kbps.
So, that's over 2 Mbps on the PS3 and that seems hardly slow, so my internet isn't slow or lagging.

I have been testing downloads from the PS Store, most notably the GT HD demo, for the past week.
I've tried it throughout the day, even 2 am in the morning, where there is virtually no internet traffic in my area
and I get the same results. 

So, I definitely know there's nothing wrong with my internet connection, since it's fast on my computer and
on the PS3 internet browser.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3754 posts

Jan 5, 2007
Same with me. But, I decided to take my modem and put it right next to the PS3, disconnect the splitter from the cable that the modem was attached to and then run the cable straight into the modem from the wall. It started going alot faster, then it only took 13 minutes to download NBA.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 5, 2007
Nope, already tried connecting the cable modem directly to the PS3, still slow.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
611 posts

Jan 5, 2007
3 things, 1. large download files
2. free server
3. lagging connection?
(4.)possibly overloaded

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Image hosting by Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jan 5, 2007

Akuma147 wrote:
Downloads from the Playstation Store is extremely slow!
I've tried everything possible and nothing helps.

First, I tried with my wireless router (Linksys WRT300N) which is located about 12 feet from the PS3, so I get from 95%-99% signal.
I opened all the ports 10070-10080 TCP, 10070 UDP, and 6000-6999 UDP.  UPnP enabled.
Internet is working fine, Resistance online is working fine, but Downloading from PS store is extremely slow!
Downloading Lair Trailer 85mb and it takes about 1 hour.  Tried to download GT HD demo, and about 3 hours later, I was at 36%, so I cancelled it.

I thought there might be a problem with the wireless connection, so I tried plugging in the ethernet cable for a direct connection, but
the same thing happens, PS store is still slow.
Then I thought there might be a problem with the router, so I tried plugging in the cable modem directly to the PS3, and guess what?
Still extremely slow downloads from the PS store.

There is definitely something wrong with either the PS store or the PS3 itself.

I have a very fast connection 7 Mbps / 512 kbps on cable from Earthlink / Time Warner.

Does anybody out there have a solution?  I know there are a lot of people with slow downloads for the PS Store.

I don't think there is a solution. I don't believe the PS store has enough bandwith to meet supply ... thats what you get for free.  I don't believe all these people saying 10 - 15 min dl for these demos. Took me forever and I have a very fast connection. I have no problems dl large demos from xbl so I know its not on my end.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 5, 2007
yes i do have this problem to, lol i even put up a post for it n no one replyed, but yes ethernet n wireless all slow as hell, n i got road runner. totaly lame if u ask me n the guy up above somewhere is right, this is what we get for free. although remember it is free, not like live
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes