Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2012
By: T3DV0L70L1N4 PlayStation MVP 183 posts
Accepted Solution

Download notifications won't clear

8 replies 1387 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

Last night I downloaded a few games including Motorstorm RC and the free add-on vehicle (it's a car with a slice of cake on top).  I installed everything with no problem, and cleared all my download notifications.

But for some reason the Motorstorm add-on vehicle refuses to clear from my notification window.  It says the download is complete, but tapping the trash icon or the notification itself does nothing.  It's the only notification that won't clear.  I even tried re-downloading and installing it.  Now there are two notifications for the RC add-on that won't clear.

I went into Settings and looked for PS Vita add-on content for Motorstorm, thinking maybe I could just delete it.  But there's nothing listed.  I also rebooted the Vita, but that did nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem with this or any other add-on?  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Re: Download notifications won't clear

Mar 7, 2012

I'm having the same problem, Sony really needs to do another firmware update, things are waaay too wonky as it is...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
183 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I'm at work now so I can't try to delete Motorstorm and reinstall.  If you have your Vita with you, could you try it and let us know if that works?  Thanks for confirming that I'm not alone with this problem!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6419 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Usually, if you finish downloading the game installs by itself when you are at the home screen. When you go to the Live Area of Motorstorm RC, check for that orange icon on the top far left. It may install again for the DLC and the notification should go away.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
183 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Awesome, thanks!  I'll try that out when I get home today and let you know what happens.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
183 posts

Mar 8, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

Usually, if you finish downloading the game installs by itself when you are at the home screen. When you go to the Live Area of Motorstorm RC, check for that orange icon on the top far left. It may install again for the DLC and the notification should go away.

Please visit my PlayStation blog at playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

Thanks, that worked!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 13, 2012

How about other notifications. I can't see that orange thing on the top left on other titles. For example like you install Netflix, and other apps and game demos. Please help becasue I don't want to delete all my notifications.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Like even friend request to.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Under Notifications you have 3 options, ALL, Notifications, Downloads.

You can delete Notifications, Downloads, or ALL depending on which one you select.

The orange arrow he is referring to only appears when there is an update or add-on content for that specific game or app. So, using Netflix won't have an orange arrow unless Netflix has an update avialble.

Also, when you get DLC, you download it then have to open the actual game/app and select that orange arrow which acts as an install/update button.

-Nemico

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes