Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Download new visualizations for PS3 music?

Jul 13, 2010

Questions:

does anyone's EARTH visualization change into a negative (like a photograph), or a black-pearl tone? I am curious because mine does, and I am questioning that  my PS3 is acting a bit weird; It's been doing some glitchy things during games & extremely long load times.

... In regards to the additional visualizations.....

You would THINK Sony would recognize that this console not just for gaming. It would be an awesome conversation starter, leading to....

"whats that music playing from?"

proud owner replies, "That's my Sony Playstation 3."

"Wow" that's cool...

"Thatnks, you know its a blu-ray player as well?"

"You're kidding me... Thats prety nifty" lol

blah blah blah

Bottom line. It would re-enforce the fact that the PS3 is by FAR the best system out-the-box

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 13, 2010

let meeeeeeeee know if there is a way to get new VIS. for the ps3 mediaplayer ive been lookin all over

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 22, 2010
At least the viz that are included with the PS3 don't make me want to throw my TV out the window like the 360's... Way too busy and spazzy.. I think the PS3 viz selection, though limited.. actually does a good job of not annoying me..

I would agree they should add some more.. just not any that are as junk as the 360 ones. If they can't come up with anything elegant, just leave it as is.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 17, 2010

ya PSP  has one of those

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 17, 2010

I too would like to see more visualizations. One with user interation would be nice.

Looking the Earth visualizer up I stumbled onto this interview. I would love to see an expanded gaia experience and it sounds like it is ready to go, just needs to be given approval to get out the door. Very cool that it was done by Q-games.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 17, 2010

I would like to chime in here.  This is a no brainer.  Why not charge a buck a piece, or ps+ free.  Many, like me, would pay that:   Maybe a little more.  I use my ps3 for music alot.  This would be worth it to me.  The PS3 should be up to it, considering it can do folding@home and play music, not to mention the insane games it can handle.  Old pentium 3's could do it.  Let's go, it's been too long for this basic stuff.  Font colors, weather apps, pandora (not through browser). 

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 12, 2010

Man, I'd pay ( not a ton, lol ) for a few new ones... that or allow users to make them like winamp or something like that. I just put my entire CD library on an external drive to have background music... lets see some action for the music section!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 29, 2010

In response to the post asking for pandora and other such apps...

I cna't say this for sure, but I'm fairly certain that the reason Sony has been /extremely/ selective about what applications can and can't go on the PS3, such as SKYPE vs Pandora, the LONG wait for a netflix XMB application, and others, as far as I can tell, is because they don't want the xmb cluttered with severall different applications, probably for a few different reasons, some being that 1) they would like their product to remain looking professional, regardless of who is using it, and it would not look professional if users had it cluttered with a hundred different applications and such. Think about what a dirty PC desktop looks like? 2) Because if they were to allow companies (and more importantly users) access to the type of software it takes to work with the PS3, that's a window/backdoor into hacking into the PS3, allowing for all kinds of naughty things, such as pirating, homebrew games, and *gasps* viruses. This would explain why we as users can't develop visualizations, applications, modifications, ect.

As for why Sony isn't making more visualizations and selling them at a $1.50 a piece so that a million users all go running to buy a couple off the bat and they end up making about $3 million the first day... beats me.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2011

Has there been any movement on this? It is now 2.17.2011 and I have been reading posts since 2007 about this. Why has nothing been done? Any movement on the developer front? Is it really that hard to make this?

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 59 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 18, 2011

Thumbs up if you want Sony to make more Visualizations

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 59 (276 Views)