Highlighted
Sep 21 2012
By: BENZQUEEN19 First Son 2 posts

Download Speed

2 replies 95 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

My husband and I each have our own Playstation 3 set up next to each other.  they're both PS3 slims, and they're both connected to the internet with an ethernet cord.  I just downloaded the full game of Borderlands 2, which was about 5 GB, and it took my system approximately an hour to finish, yet my husband's PS3 is only at 28%... Why is his system downloading so much slower than mine?  My PS3 is 3 years old, his is only a few months.  Again, they're both connected to the internet with an ethernet cord, and even now that my download has finished, his isn't speeding up.  My PS3 also has a lot more data on it, so much that it's nearly full.  What would cause his system to download so much slower compared to mine?  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1133 posts

Re: Download Speed

Sep 21, 2012

Weird. Maybe its an issue on sony's end; something to do with they're servers.

Or maybe your modem or  router chose your ps3 as the priority. ( again, by chance )

I dont have a strong answer but I am thinking its sony's servers. Like you got a good link and he got a slower one.

Message 2 of 3 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: Download Speed

Sep 21, 2012

I think it has to do with which system started the download first got more bandwidth from your ip, then when the second system started to download your IP throttled back its download speed so you were not pulling to much bandwidth but who knows for sure just a guess. I had this happen with a couple of cpu's a few years ago and that is the reason I was given by Tech support from my IP.

Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes