Jul 18 2012
By: Wou_Han_Tonge_47 First Son 5 posts

Downgrade from 4.21 while checking the hard drive

1 replies 360 views Edited Jul 18, 2012

Hello, how did my ps3 slim downgrade itself from 4.21 to 4.20 after checking and restoring to see if the hard drive was corrupted due to incorrectly shutting it down?  Just curious, because if I remember right from building software and operating systems, I only see two ways the system could've done that.  One, the system saves a restore point every time the firmware is updated.  Two, the update packages contain some, or all previous software versions.  Three, the system connected to the playstation 3 update site, and downloaded it from there.  The problem is that with 3, not everyone would have that ability.

Friend me
CoD: Black Ops, CoD: Modern Warfare, CoD: Modern Warfare 3, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, Army of Two: The 40th Day, Need for Speed: Shift.
Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29703 posts

Re: Downgrade from 4.21 while checking the hard drive

Jul 18, 2012

Wou_Han_Tonge_47 wrote:

Hello, how did my ps3 slim downgrade itself from 4.21 to 4.20 after checking and restoring to see if the hard drive was corrupted due to incorrectly shutting it down?  Just curious, because if I remember right from building software and operating systems, I only see two ways the system could've done that.  One, the system saves a restore point every time the firmware is updated.  Two, the update packages contain some, or all previous software versions.  Three, the system connected to the playstation 3 update site, and downloaded it from there.  The problem is that with 3, not everyone would have that ability.

If you restore the console to the factory settings it will go back to whatever firmware it was shipped with. 

Message 2 of 2 (357 Views)