Wastelander
834 posts

Re: Doom BFG Resolution Issue

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

Or might have something to do with this, in which case it sounds like you owe a Sony rep a bit of an apology...

PS3 no longer supports HD over component

This is not due to Sony either, so blaming Sony is a bit pointless.

AACS Final Adopter Agreement

Message 11 of 19 (113 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 29, 2012

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Or might have something to do with this, in which case it sounds like you owe a Sony rep a bit of an apology...

That is a good point, but I don't know if it has actually been verified for games. I had thought that this limitation was only for Blu-Ray movies and upconverted DVD movies... 

Message 12 of 19 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

That is a good point, but I don't know if it has actually been verified for games. I had thought that this limitation was only for Blu-Ray movies and upconverted DVD movies... 

To be completely honest I'm not sure. By the wording it seems like its a standard for devices, not so much a specific media type. That's just my take however and I might be wrong. With a Sony support person stating that the component cables were the problem however the explanation might not be that far off. It would also explain why the OP couldn't get their resolution to even 720.

Message 13 of 19 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Yep ICT was enabled in new PS3s, SCE had resisted adding this system but was getting falk from BD publishers for having the Only BD player on the market With out it.

Its not present on Game BD as its part of the Video BDs anti copy systems, its only active on BDs that the publishers Chooses to enable it on. It had no effect on games when released on Japan PS3 models in 2010...

Extra= All domestic HD recorded 720p footage from all PS3 models are done over component SCE will not block that...

( Doom 3 just does not Support 1080I/p only 720p ) 

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 14 of 19 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 29, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
It's probably time to upgrade your display, if you want more resolution options. HDTVs with HDMI connections are quite cheap these days, and should get even cheaper for the holiday season...

^^ This.

If you want a smaller display suitable for a desktop or small room, the PS3 3D display is currently selling for $180 at Best Buy (24" 1080p 240Hz LED, Active 3D).

At the other end, you can get a 60" flat panel HDTV at Walmart for under $1,000.

I'd be a bit weary about the 3D display and the reliability issues it has.

A PC monitor with more features is a good "HD on the budget" avenue, and the cost is relatively the same.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 19 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11160 posts

Oct 30, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

A PC monitor with more features is a good "HD on the budget" avenue, and the cost is relatively the same.

I just pulled the trigger on that very purchase (but also took them up on the two year protection plan for $20 more).  We'll see how it works out.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 19 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 30, 2012

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Is that for all PS3s?  I have one of the original 40gb "phat" models, not a slim.  If that is true for all then it's really strange that I can still get 1080p out of GT5, unless it was grandfathered in.

Message 17 of 19 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 31, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I just pulled the trigger on that very purchase (but also took them up on the two year protection plan for $20 more).  We'll see how it works out.  Smiley Wink

From the store or through Sony?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 18 of 19 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
834 posts

Oct 31, 2012

gwalum wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

Is that for all PS3s?  I have one of the original 40gb "phat" models, not a slim.  If that is true for all then it's really strange that I can still get 1080p out of GT5, unless it was grandfathered in.

Models CECH-3000 and newer will have that standard. Starting in 2014 Blu-Ray players, which would include the PS3 I would assume, will start dropping Component ports fully.

If you have one of the PS3 models before CECH-3000 it does not have that standard.

Message 19 of 19 (63 Views)
0 Likes