Mar 22 2013
By: HCese85 First Son 3 posts

Don't shut down Whithe Knight Cronicles 2 servers!!!!

8 replies 649 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

Don't shut down the White Knight Chronicles 2 servers!I bought the game on march 21, only for play online mode. i sped my money for it and now... if you were going to keep the server running for such a short time (for a MMO 2 years it's a short time) you would have to write it on the packaging of the game. if I buy a game and on the box it says that I can play online, I have to be able to do it, otherwise is a scam.
The next time you write the expiration date on the package of the server at least we do not feel cheated.

The reason why you close them?

Message 1 of 9 (649 Views)
Survivor
2547 posts

Re: Don't shut down Whithe Knight Cronicles 2 servers!!!!

Mar 22, 2013
So you bought it yesterday before they announced the srvers closing?
 photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 2 of 9 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Mar 22, 2013
wow , that is pretty weak of D3 but expected. They didn't support this game at all and I guess this kills all hope for the WKC psp game that Japan got ever coming to NA.

sad days indeed.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 3 of 9 (642 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Because White Knight Chronicles 2 Geonet is an only way to get Geostones, purchase rare items, get Guild Coins, and buy statues for Georama, I believe that Sony, D3Publisher/Namco Bandai, and Level-5 are making a big mistake in shutting down the server after only three year.

They should run the server until the end of PS3's lifecycle, which is 2015.

Message 4 of 9 (626 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Stop The "White Knight Chronicles" Server Shutdowns

Mar 22, 2013

As White Knight Chronicles fans know, Sony, D3Publisher/Namco Bandai, and Level-5 are planning to shut down the White Knight Chronicles servers on June 18, 2013.

This move will have disastrous consequences for the White Knight Chronicles community as their players will lose access to the following:

1.  Earning Geostones to be used for purchasing rare weapons, armour, and items.

2.  Purchasing statues for your Georama.

3.  No access to your GeoNet hometown.

4.  No ability to use your license related bonuses.

If your passionate about White Knight Chronicles series as I am, I think that then fans should address this matter with Sony, D3Publisher/Namco Bandai, and Level-5, and try to get them to keep their servers running until 2015 when the Playstation 3 lifecycle ends.

I mention Namco Bandai due to a fact they are a parent company of D3Publisher.

Once the servers are shut down for good, you'll lose access to online content and ability to get rare items.  Now is the time for White Knight Chronicles community to fight back before its too late.

Message 5 of 9 (624 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9414 posts

Mar 22, 2013

HCese85 wrote:

Don't shut down the White Knight Chronicles 2 servers!I bought the game on march 21, only for play online mode. i sped my money for it and now... if you were going to keep the server running for such a short time (for a MMO 2 years it's a short time) you would have to write it on the packaging of the game. if I buy a game and on the box it says that I can play online, I have to be able to do it, otherwise is a scam.
The next time you write the expiration date on the package of the server at least we do not feel cheated.

The reason why you close them?

First I would like to point out WKC is not an MMO. Second, when the game is released they don`t plan on when they want to shut down the servers.

Also, it is not a scam, the game was capable of playing online until they shut down the servers, also if you read the ToS on the game, it will state that they have the right to shut down the servers at any time given proper notice. (which they have done) Every game that has an online mode has that statement, and that gives them the right to shut it down, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Message 6 of 9 (614 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 22, 2013
ok WNK is not an MMO but it is the game that comes closest to an MMO that we can find for the PS3.
however I can not find the ToS on or inside the packaging of the game, so it when I buy it and spend my money I can not read them.
Message 7 of 9 (594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 22, 2013

unfortunately yes! I read the news this morning... 

Message 8 of 9 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Every game I play online gets shut down MGO first now this. I really liked white knight my favorite part was playing quests online, although I don't care about wkc 2 servers considering my geonet pass didn't work Smiley Sad I'm gonna assume wkc 1 servers get shut down too this sucks for both groups.
Message 9 of 9 (571 Views)
0 Likes