Dec 28 2013
By: Psycho-Ragdoller Lombax Warrior 87 posts

Don't remove PS3 Multi-Player!

18 replies 372 views Edited Dec 28, 2013

Sony, as much as I love Playstation you really need to think about this. You're risking a lot of people who previously cared about you getting angry for an entirely new crowd of people that only care about the New Gen. First off, let me just start by saying that I'm not a PS3 fanboy, I don't [always] judge other consoles, but I prefer the exclusives and free online play that Sony offered when the PS3 came out. There were times when I wanted to try Halo or Gears of War, and especially Smash Bros., but being that the older Playstations won me over, I knew in my gut that it would be best to stay with Playstation for the years to come.

Now let's have a look at the reasons why you should remove Playstation 3 Multi-Player for most games: (I have to list both sides of the arguement to fully appeal)

+ To ensure the prosper of the Playstation 4, choices like this will have to be made. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the Playstation 3 only came a couple years ago. You've already sold what was it? A million(?) PS4's in pre-orders.

+ More money for you considering the multi-player will require a 'measly' Playstation Plus Subscription fee.

Next up is why you shouldn't remove Playstation 3 multi-player for most games:

- Multi-Player has become an amazing component in Current and New Gen consoles, the fact that you made it free to play when the PS3 was announced won people over. People such as myself will have a hard time keeping their subscription to Plus just so they can play with friends. Note however that no matter how you put it, the 'Free Games' offered aren't necessarily yours (the buyer's) to keep, just rentals and in actuality those who take longer to complete a game or Pltinum it can actually spend more money than a games retail price.

- Games the require online trohpies for you to Platinum will now make people unable to do so. Now from the news I've heard, a lot of games that have low numbers of people on it will get it's Multi-Player removed. I am a fan of Resistance, and unfortunately for that game, I will not be able to Platinum it because of Sony's plan. I can also name a few other games that have had low number of players, but still good Multi-Player:

StarHawk

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (You did a poor job pitching in with this game, by the way)

Resistance 2 and 3

Killzone 2

Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault, Deadlocked, Up Your Arsenal

- Games that require online passes and games that are multi-player only will be rendered useless. This is the one I feel hits the hardest. First of all, what was the point of making us pay for online if we won't even get it for as long as we want? For people that enjoyed playing MAG like myself, and hate Online Passes, they [we] will just have wasted our own money, and that is yet another slap in the face for gamers.

In my opinion this is one of the worst moves ever, giving a lot of games the Metal Gear Solid 4 Treatment. And I know some of you are saying that you can still play with people on your friends list, but who really wants to add a dozen other people just to play a match of something? That's so much work that you'd be bored just getting half and not everyone has time for that.

Anyway, what are other opinions on the matter?

Message 1 of 19 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1209 posts

Re: Don't remove PS3 Multi-Player!

Dec 28, 2013

Message 2 of 19 (365 Views)
Fender Bender
3064 posts

Dec 28, 2013

The only games I know of that are having their servers turned off are Socom Confrontation, Socom 4, MAG and just recently I think the news came that Gran Turismo 5 would will be seeing its multiplayer taken offline.

Message 3 of 19 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Dec 28, 2013

murphdawg1 wrote:

The only games I know of that are having their servers turned off are Socom Confrontation, Socom 4, MAG and just recently I think the news came that Gran Turismo 5 would will be seeing its multiplayer taken offline.

Resistance was declared to as well. Who knows what other ones they could do away with?

Message 4 of 19 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Dec 28, 2013

i know no one cares what i think bu, this is a good thing and i knew it was coming for some games, i am surpised on othes though.this is what i thing pull online on all games except the newer gams. im not sure if their doing this to just sony bradnded games but. anywho, not surprised. did any one see the article in game infomerr mag. called games have experation dates too.

Message 5 of 19 (321 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Dec 28, 2013
No point supporting games that have a low player count. Most people won't notice or even care.
Message 6 of 19 (314 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 28, 2013

I think you are making some pretty huge assumptions.

It is just an acorn, the sky is not falling.

Smiley Wink

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 7 of 19 (307 Views)
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Dec 28, 2013

You're making a big deal out of this. They only terminate the servers of games that has a very low player count. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 8 of 19 (306 Views)
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Dec 29, 2013

I have my reasons, and I'm thinking about the long run. Eventually, every PS3 game may not be supported.

And as I was telling my friend from somewhere else, people may be getting ripped off by this.

Message 9 of 19 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Please why the long thread???? If you want to address you issue with Sony then email or call them. Posting on the forums won't help you.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 10 of 19 (292 Views)
0 Likes