Dec 28 2012
By: ThePunisher Treasure Hunter 6528 posts

Does this happen to you guys? Blind Friend Requests

[ Edited ]
14 replies 149 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

I'm constantly getting blind friend requests; I average about 4 to 6 friend requests a day.  This is not even people I've played with; I could leave my PS3 off for a week and when I log in I would get about 15 to 20 requests.  The requests are completely blind, no body text; or sometimes if I reply asking if I know them they insist I'm someone they know.  It's so bad sometimes I actually have to start blocking people because of repeated request.  And mind you this has been going on for 6 years... Yes, since launch day.  Does this happen to any of you?  What do you guys/gals do with blind request? accept, delete, reply?

You would think there would be some etiquette behind a friend request; like "hey I played with you in <game>"

I keep a very tight friend list, 98% are people I know and actually see in real life... the other 2% are people I've met playing and consistantly play with.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (149 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9997 posts

Re: Does this happen to you guys

Dec 28, 2012

not that many, but I have had the odd 3 or 4 blank friend requests

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27912 posts

Re: Does this happen to you guys? Blind Friend Requests

Dec 28, 2012

Actually I get them all the time, I delete all of them without ever telling them why, if people can't be bothered to at least say something like " I saw you on the Forums", or "I saw you in this game", then why should I waste my time!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5947 posts

Dec 28, 2012
I get them almost every time I play an online game. It's a bit annoying at times, but what can you do?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6528 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

RatchetH22 wrote:
I get them almost every time I play an online game. It's a bit annoying at times, but what can you do?

If I played online regularly then I would expect to get some, but I get them without going online... like I said, 4 to 6 a day.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Dec 28, 2012

If getting a lot of blank friend request really bothers you, the you can change your "Privacy Settings" on your PS3. Go to "Account Managment" hit X button. Go down to "Privacy Settings" hit X button and enter your password. Then you will have the options of recieving friend request from "Anybody". Or receiving friend requests from "Friends of Friends" only. Or recieving friend requests from "No One"

xDHeK.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (92 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6528 posts

Dec 28, 2012

^^^ I'll have to check that out

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Dec 28, 2012

I get them occasionally. Just last night as a matter of fact. I don't get how they picked my name if they didn't meet me in a game or on these forums. Most didn't. Your Id is a comic book character so I can understand randoms sending requests to you but ne1atall? How did they think of mine?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6528 posts

Dec 28, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

I get them occasionally. Just last night as a matter of fact. I don't get how they picked my name if they didn't meet me in a game or on these forums. Most didn't. Your Id is a comic book character so I can understand randoms sending requests to you but ne1atall? How did they think of mine?

I'm sure my PSN ID Name is a factor.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Dec 28, 2012

ThePunisher wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

I'm sure my PSN ID Name is a factor.

I'm positive it is. That's why you get so many. But why mine?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (78 Views)
0 Likes