Reply
Jan 24 2013
By: EpicAbcdude First Son 3 posts
Offline

Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

8 replies 742 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

So I got my PS3 2 months ago, everything has been great, except for the fact I can't register my 1-Month membership to PS+ Without being asked for a credit card. As much as i'd be fine to do it, I just can't trust PSN after hearing about the hacks. 

 

Right now, the only reason I want to use it is for the 13 for 13' sale, and i'd rather use my trial instead of buying it for $18 for 3 months. Question is, is there any way I can register my 1-month trial without need of credit card? Can I use paypal, or possibly even adding funds to my PSN wallet?

 

Thanks, 

 -abc

Message 1 of 9 (742 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
32331 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 24, 2013

EpicAbcdude wrote:

So I got my PS3 2 months ago, everything has been great, except for the fact I can't register my 1-Month membership to PS+ Without being asked for a credit card. As much as i'd be fine to do it, I just can't trust PSN after hearing about the hacks. 

 

Right now, the only reason I want to use it is for the 13 for 13' sale, and i'd rather use my trial instead of buying it for $18 for 3 months. Question is, is there any way I can register my 1-month trial without need of credit card? Can I use paypal, or possibly even adding funds to my PSN wallet?

 

Thanks, 

 -abc


Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

Sorry no PayPal cannot be used to activate a one month trial.

 

You will as you already know need to use a credit card to do so, something you are wary of, why not register your credit card, activate the trial & then one you've done that immediately delete your credit card information?

 

Also make sure you turn off the auto-renew feature or you'll be charged $17.99 in 30 days!

Message 2 of 9 (722 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
6299 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 24, 2013
Paypal still isn't integrated through the ps3, so you still need to put in a valid CC card in order to activate the trial code.
"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 3 of 9 (715 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/24/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 24, 2013

Thank you for yout quick response.

 

I will consider doinhg that, in the meantime, would I need a credit card to register a 3-month pre-paid card? Or would that require a credit card as well?

Message 4 of 9 (700 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
32331 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 24, 2013

EpicAbcdude wrote:

Thank you for yout quick response.

 

I will consider doinhg that, in the meantime, would I need a credit card to register a 3-month pre-paid card? Or would that require a credit card as well?


No, I think it's only the one month one that requires the credit card.

Message 5 of 9 (698 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/24/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 24, 2013
Alright, thank you very much. I'll likely be picking up a PS+ card very soon.
Message 6 of 9 (696 Views)
First Son
Registered: 01/22/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 26, 2013
Dude, since you can't use your code, would you please share it?
Message 7 of 9 (654 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
6299 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 27, 2013

JediJos wrote:
Dude, since you can't use your code, would you please share it?

If he were to share it, i would hope it would be for a friend; not a stranger.

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 8 of 9 (592 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/22/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Does the Playstation Plus 1-Month trial voucher allow activation with paypal?

Jan 27, 2013
Can't blame me for trying! I've seen people in other blogs posting their codes for anybody to take either because they can't use them or because they're not interested.
Message 9 of 9 (566 Views)
Reply
0 Likes