Jan 23 2013
By: Bubba_In_Az First Son 3 posts

Does anyone remember Killer Instinct???

[ Edited ]
14 replies 814 views Edited Mar 12, 2014

Any chance of bringing Killer Instinct to the PSN???  I would pay to have that in my game collection.

Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 15 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Re: Does anyone remember Killer Instinct???

Jan 23, 2013

Bubba_In_Az wrote:

Any chance of bringing Killer Instinct to the PSN???  I would pay to have that in my game collection.

C---Combo Breaker!

I remember playing with Cinder(flaming guy) and beating the game. Man those were good times

It would probably come to psn in due time

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 2 of 15 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jan 23, 2013

jago FTW!!!!

Jago

Message 3 of 15 (808 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Doesn't Microsoft own the rights to it or some B.S.? I heard that somewhere but not too sure. Personally I would love some Killer Instinct on PSN

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 4 of 15 (803 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Midway and Nintendo... I dont think it will be coming here...  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 15 (801 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jan 23, 2013

That's right....Nintendo because they make "kid" games now right? But yes lol, I know it's wishful thinking.

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 6 of 15 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Looking back though I can see now that a lot of the character designs were horribly generic.

Message 7 of 15 (792 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Bubba_In_Az wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Still play this game on my SNES... it's game cartridge all black i always thought it looked BOSS! i would totally buy this game just to kick Cinder off the building and Bridge in HD

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 8 of 15 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I thought Killer Instinct was on PSX, wow... I must really be loosing it... 

I know N64 had a 3-D KI Game, though... It was a 4 Player FPS... 

One of my Favorites in a long time, ^_^ 

I remember that Cross Bow thingy... 

& those good old days with the Classic 2-D Fighting And all those KI Characters, & such... 

Yes good times, good times... But oh, well...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 15 (725 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Killer Instinct is (or was) property of Rare software. Though since Rare was purchased by Microsoft, where the developer slowly lost it's edge do to it's developers moving on (and lack of Nintendo's guidence). Microsoft has no interest in the series, I know that. 

The original KI arcade game was a glorified advertisement for Nintendo's "Ultra 64" console. There was of course a brief teaser video about the "Ultra 64" that would run if the game was left idle. The Ultra 64 ultimately was renamed to the Nintendo 64. Though as I understand it the game did use the same basic hardware that would ultimately be in the Nintendo 64, there was one major difference. The game used an hard drive (I think it was 40MB). In fact I think it was the very first arcade game to use a hard disk instead of ROMs. This is how it was able to produce those cinema style scenes of players falling off buildings and such. It used pre-rendered video for these scenes. 

KI wsa followed by KI2, which used the same hardware as the first game. KI2 was ultimately released as KI Gold for the N64, but all the pre-rendered scenes (which often we're shown when entering a stage) we're replaced with 3D effects to allow the game to fit on a 128 megabit cartridge. The effect worked but not quite as well as the arcade. 

KI2 replaced two of the characters from KI with new ones, but there we're still just ten to choose from. KI2 also had a strange system where special moves would over power other special moves (like rock-paper-sissors). I didn't work very well though. And since the only real change to the game we're this addition no one really played it. At least in the arcade. They we're sick of KI by that point too (thank you Eyedol and your endless combo). 

Message 10 of 15 (648 Views)
0 Likes