Nov 14 2012
By: ikanote430 First Son 6 posts

Does anyone know any good External Capture Cards for my PS3

3 replies 134 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

I've given up trying to find a way to take screenshots of my games, Tekken, DOA, and etc..

and in DoA5 they give you a picture mode but they dont let you save it as a image format.. I dont know why..

Anyway so I'm wondering if anyone knows which external capture card I should get.. it seems on amazon there are equal amount of good and negative reviews on each one :/// so unfortunately... I cant decide

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3184 posts

Re: Does anyone know any good External Capture Cards for my PS3

Nov 14, 2012

First 

List your PC spec, these devices people will post don't work with out it on.

You are aware that PS3 won't allow HDMI recording so the device will be using component feed.

Not all devices use HDMI to connect to HDTV so make sure you can use component on your HDTV.

You are happy to pay alot of money the best are not cheap..

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I don't think you read my post clear.. All I want is screenshots.. not video as all it does is use up more of space..

My computer is powerful enough.. I know the requirements..

Still, I don't want the best for video. Just want enough for good quality screenshots. I just want good quality for me to be able to remodel them in Maya.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14237 posts

Nov 15, 2012

In order to get screen shots, you need to get video...... thats what "screenshot" comes from..... record some video, take your screenshots, then delete the video when youre done..... that simple

look up "Elgato Game Capture" 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes