Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: Does anyone else think that no ps4s till ...

Sep 28, 2013

FLAW_88 wrote:

See my logic was wait a week or 2 after launch night and go to an obscure place like Sears or something where there's not gunna be many people there significantly for the ps4. That way your in and out. Idk though.

You can try. I tried that for both 360 and PS3 and got no luck. They were sould out everywhere. Understand all the people who didnt eserve one will be doing the same thing you are. Im sure there are tons who didnt or dont think they even had to reserve one.

Message 41 of 51 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 28, 2013

JohnKarnes wrote:

Sony is holding back stock, production is high, goal is that everyone who want's a PS4 for Christmas gets one!! The PS4 is NOT sold out.

Not to start a fight but prove it. When the preorders are gone. How many will beleft maby few thousand and by black friday they will be gone. You are stateing from what you think. Not what has happened over the last few system launches.

Message 42 of 51 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 28, 2013

jarocc74 wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think just because it's Black Friday the consoles will be any cheaper, these are new next generation consoles.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

really?....sounds like it to me.

I seriously wouldn't think that Sony would drop the price of these consoles just because of Black Friday, Now Xbox 360 was released on Nov.22.2005/PS3 Nov.17.2006/ Wii U Nov.18.2012,(these are US dates) . Was either of these consoles cheaper on Black Friday, If you know please provide proof.

If i still had my receipt Id show you. Black Friday release 20 gig. 500 plus tax. No black frida price break and I purchased mine on black friday. Only one they had int he store.

Message 43 of 51 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Street_Killaz wrote:

ebgames around me they are getting 125 ps4s day one! and they said the next shipment will be there in 2 weeks!

EBGames says this. They said stuff liek that for the WII PS3 and 360 and got no where what they expected. Dont count in it. They say this to keep customers from worrying till the day they dont get one.

Message 44 of 51 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Sep 28, 2013

@OP you won't get a discount on brand new consoles and brand new games sorry to say..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 45 of 51 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Sep 28, 2013

There will be a shortage, there always is with a new consoel launch. Once the US launch is complete there is still Europe and other area's that will have shipments going their for their launch. Once the PS4 releases here in the US its not like all production will be just for here, there are many other areas that will need consoles for their launch dates. It will launch here and there will be a shortage like always and and once all of the areas around the world have had their launch day the production for ALL area's will then increase but we are not going to be flooded with consoles for Christmas or Blackfriday. PS4's will be on the shelves for next black friday but Sony does not need a big sales day like black friday to push the PS4 off the shelves, black friday means NOTHING for a launch system.

Message 46 of 51 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Black Friday on a release system is just a mere day people and parents hope and prey they can find one for them selves. Thats all. Crazy lines and people waiting and hoping they will. But most or hardly any really dont unless there lucky.
Message 47 of 51 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

jarocc74 wrote:

I don't think just because it's Black Friday the consoles will be any cheaper, these are new next generation consoles.

really?....sounds like it to me.

I seriously wouldn't think that Sony would drop the price of these consoles just because of Black Friday, Now Xbox 360 was released on Nov.22.2005/PS3 Nov.17.2006/ Wii U Nov.18.2012,(these are US dates) . Was either of these consoles cheaper on Black Friday, If you know please provide proof.

If i still had my receipt Id show you. Black Friday release 20 gig. 500 plus tax. No black frida price break and I purchased mine on black friday. Only one they had int he store.

I have to agree here, I don't see Sony dropping the price of an already affordable system 2 weeks after its big release for black friday. We are talking about 2 weeks here. Most console price drops don't come until years after they release.

Message 48 of 51 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Best guess is to hurry up after launch day and rush right over to see if you have a chance to get your hands on a copy.. Best of luck to the non pre order peeps wish you all luck

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 49 of 51 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Sep 28, 2013
@Black0Panther. That's why you talk chummy with the employees and find out what days their trucks ship. If you look in enough stores every morning, you will eventually find one. Lucky for me, I worked afternoons when PS2 released and was able to do this. You might have one or two people waiting with you for the store to open but that's about it. I've been successful with this every launch. Didnt do it with the 360 because Best Buy had a second launch so I just camped out for it.
Message 50 of 51 (309 Views)
0 Likes